• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You may buff two characters and nerf two others. Who do you choose?

Honto-E-Lawl

Smash Journeyman
BUFF:
Jigglypuff -
let rest actually kill....and give her throws power...and don't make her smashes so slow
and give her jab combo a use.....please...

Falcon -
Give back the old knee sweet spot and give him priority....he needs it

Metaknight and Olimar
if played right...these char seems to never be open because most of their attacks are soo laggless...its just annoying....
and make MK's UP B have a weakness.....

Veggi

Smash Champion
Buff Mario: Seriously. Up b should be the FLUDD hover nozzel. It would be a recovery deserving of the epicness that is Mario and it would actually be a good recovery as well as mildly pushing people below him down. Neutral b would be the Luma Spin from Mario Galaxy, it would do low damage, but it had good knock back and could reflect projectiles as well as be used as a recovery. Fireballs mapped to side b. It would make approaching with them easier for me anyway. Down air switched to a ground pound that auto cancels. No old side b or up b. Mario would also be better at jumping. Mario's recovery isn't going to lose to Sonic's no way. Now we have a character. Also FLUDD doesn't have to be charged. It's situational enough as it is.

Buff Peach: Let her use her parasol and be able to grab the edge backwards and when she puts the umbrella down, it doesn't put her in an air cripple. Give her the ability to pluck some giant turnips. Also give her a real second jump plz.

Nerf Snake: I hate Snake. Snake's forward smash should be weaker, his ftilt and utilt should have range that doesn't stretch farther beyond what he hits you with. They also shouldn't do near as much damage or knock back. Forward tilt does 21%. *$^&. When he gets knocked out of his cypher, he can't use it again. When Mario capes his cypher, he can't use it again. When Mario FLUDD's his recovery, it doesn't rocket him up into the air. No sliding Snake across the stage with up smash. Also third heaviest character in the game? &*^% that. Snake should be the weight of Ike.

Nerf Dedede: Just get rid of that stupid chain grab. That is all.

Adapt

Smash Lord
Nerf: CF and Samus, Buff: Snake and MK

:D

seriously though, I would buff ZSS and CF, and nerf MK and Snake
ZSS cuz she's my fav character now, and I always played CF in 64, and Peach and CF in melee. It's a shame I couldn't really adapt to the new Peach and CF.

(I don't consider Peach really all that nerfed... just too different for my liking)

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
Buff: Link
Remove Claw shot and bring back the Hook shot, please, I would love if I could latch onto yoshi island's side's T_T. Leave Gale Boomerang, but increase it's speed and make it's priority better.
Don't Make greater spin friggen gravity based like it is in brawl, thats so stupid, give it a fixed rate and let players be able to cancel it with an aerial.
Bomb's, lower the fuse by 1 second, and make it easy to drop on the ground, somewhat like snakes.
Also quick the speed he draws a bomb out by a fraction of a second.
Arrow, This should do something worthwhile seriously >.> It has the best distance but thats about it.
Being able to save a charge might be nice.

Change his the Great Spin attack.
Make it go into Mortal draw than the spin attack.
Ergo, he takes a step forward slash's and spins from the momentum of that slash (ergo the slash hit is the strongest).

Buff: Ganondorf.
Can't stress this enough eh should be buffed, Ganondorf should really have levitation like peach.
Change his Down B into Taking out a Sword seriously.
Fuse Warlock Paunch and Murder Choke, into a choke then punch.
Turn his B into the Bloody Dark Ball!, Should have awesome as hell priority, so that people reflect it and not just cancel it out >.>
Make him faster too, why the hell is he so slow...he's not actually that slow, Oh give him a Z-air tether grab where he latches on with darkness.

Ya I should just say Buff him and him and that be it >.>
but I did more cus im cool like that

Also

Nerf: Snake, not really nerf him but fix him, correct the hitboxes, and weaken some of his tilt's, give the back air same ko ability but weaken it's damage.

Nerf: DDD, wtf is with the grabs?

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Buff: Mario, because he's a freaking Mr. Nintendo. Nobody respects him enough in the multiplayer scene. =(
Buff: Captain Falcon. He's popular and a fun character to use. He needs reasonable grab range, and special attacks that are more useful. And a little more priority on a few aerials would be nice.

Nerf: Snake. His tilts are too fast, do too much damage, and have too much range. At least one of those qualities needs to go. And his Jab is nearly as ridiculous.
Nerf: Marth. Because he's still gay. So fast, so much range, and F-airs are ridiculous gimp tools. And his counter did NOT deserve to be buffed. It was already very good in Melee. <<

-RPG

Smash Rookie
Buff: Ike and Capitan falcon

Ike: Make all of his tilts faster, Make his throws actually useful. Change his Neutral B to some kind of ranged energy wave (like his ranged attack with ragnell in RD). Make his Fsmash and Usmash Faster but weaker. NO ending lag when you hit someone with his SideB. Make his Fair faster. Make his counter useable.

Cfalcon: Give ALL his moves more priority and speed. Bring back the Knee, nuff said.

Nerf: Air dodges/spot dodges and shields

Air dodges/spot dodges: make them last half the time they do and give them ending lag.
ALSO make so you can only air doge once in the air.

shields: Make them break 3 times as easy. come up slower, come down slower.

BONUS: get rid of DDD's stupid *** chain grab.

Luigi player

Smash Master
buff:
Sonic, he should have faster attacks and more priority
Mewtwo, and bring it back

nerf:
I wouldn't want any nerfs, just make the bad ones better and the good ones stay the same.

AmigoOne

Smash Journeyman
Buff Link and C.Falcon

Nerf MK and Snake
This sounds about right.

But, for a rant, Im gonna nitpick.

Pikachu's thunder and Dsmash, needs more ending lag, or less priority/small as hell hitboxes in ending frames.
MK completely nerf any sort of knockback he ever had in n air and upb. Competely nerf his up b. Not even Pit or rob has as good of a recovery as him. Nerf mach tornado hitbox/priority.

Sonic... needs a better moveset...

Have Link's up b actually move, and faster.

G-dorf needs to get rid of his ridiculous landing lag on fair, it has way more than it should. WTF were game makers thinking? Also much more priority to approach projectiles.

Some shield lag would be nice. Get rid of all sorts of chaingrabbing ****.Moar hitstun. Fix the tether recovery, stupid developers.

King~

Smash Champion
Buff: Yoshi(give the eggroll more priority, and give him back his DJC while leaving the superarmor frames)

Falco(yea really)

Nerf: Ike(just take him out and put roy back in) and snake(them F'in tilts gotta go)

stoopdklutz

Smash Journeyman
Nerf: Ike(just take him out and put roy back in) and snake(them F'in tilts gotta go)
I SEE WHAT YUU DID THAR.

Ike- make his recovery better, all attacks a fair few frames faster, auto cancels more attacks, and faster tilts.

Pokemon trainer- Let you choose which pokemon to be sent out, not in an order, send them out faster, etc,etcetc.

Nerf-
Meta Knight- less priority, and nerf the nado.

Lucas. I don't like him.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
Nerf: Lucas' Up-Smash...maybe just a tad bit you know?
Nerf: Meta Knight, give him a bit of lag please...

Buff: Pokemon Trainer in general, make the switching time between Pokemon shorter, give Squirtle a useful Neutral B, speed up Ivysaur's Up Smash but nerf it a tad bit strength wise and give Charizard a bit more speed and a little less weight.

Buff: Snake, give him a landmaster.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Buff: Pit (yeah, I said Pit, so what?!) and Sonic

Nerf: Captain Falcon (purely for spite, so bite me, I don't care) and Snake

Grunt

Smash Master
BUFF:
Snake-his tilts need more range.
MK-needs more kill moves.
NERF:
Capt. Falcon-I wanna see him in a scarf and a tiara next.
Jigglypuff-she can never live up to her melee counterpart, so she may as well be so bad, that absolutely no one uses her ever.

Scott!

Smash Lord
Buffs: Samus needs some killing power back, please. And her bombs should go back to their old on-impact explosions.

Link: just make his sword spin better. More height in the air, and more like the melee one in power, etc.

Nerfs: Snake. He deserves to be decent, but he's just too good.

King Dedede: he's just so darn annoying.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
How could The Captain be nerfed any more than he was? Mybe just take away his attacks... that seems like the next step.
That sounds perfectly fine to me.

See, people here think I have it out for Mr. Game & Watch, when I don't. I don't hate G&W...my hatred for Captain Falcon is full time.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Did The Captain sleep with your wife or something? What wrong has he done you?
I always disliked everything about Captain Falcon. His design, his so-called "back story" in the F-Zero games, the cartoon made me really hate him. Imagin my surprise when CF of ALL people made it into Smash 64...a character whose only purpose was so that the player (of F-Zero) will "know" that the cars they're controlling has a face behind the wheel. Seriously, the F-Zero car's themselves have more personality than the racers driving them, and CF is just too much of a gimmick for me to take seriously.

Then the fads started. The god**** fads...

CF this...
CF that...
CF = Chuck Norris...
Falcon PAWNCH...
The Knee...
Even when he's at his worst, people praise him. And why? Because the sheep follows the herd. Seriously, I can never tell if people like CF because they like CF or simply because they want to join in onto the online fad.

So, the thing for me is simple...I won't try and force people to dislike CF. If people like CF, then so be it. All I can do is concentrate as much hate from my one being to match all the fandom there is in the world over him.

So, again. I never hated Game & Watch, despite what some here thought, or any Nintendo character...except CF...and Waluigi...

Pika25

Smash Apprentice
NNID
pika250
3DS FC
0173-1819-2264
Pika and jiggz should be buffed.

G&w and d3 should be nerfed.

But that's just me.

Top Bottom