• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You may buff two characters and nerf two others. Who do you choose?

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
You can buff characters that have already been buffed and nerf those who already got nerfed. None of this has to be "fair", and do not take anything said personally. (Why would anyone even do that?)

Buff: Samus. I'd give her moves more killing power (or at least return the killing power her projectiles had). I'd also give her flamethrower a bit more power, and I'd make her throws inflict a bit more damage.

Buff: Ganondorf. I'd give him a bit more speed and he definitely needs more range. His up-tilt is a signature move, but I personally hate it. It should cause a miniature earthquake and it should be a tiny, tiny bit faster. His Up B should be as powerful as it was in Melee, his aerials should get less downtime, and if I really wanted to buff him, I'd rather have his Ganoncide be a move that automatically throws the opponent down, without killing Ganon, too.

Nerf: Dedede. Give him a sorry bair, allow him to throw ONLY Waddle Dees and Doos, and reduce the raw power of his mallet attacks. Reduce him to two midair jumps. Yes, I am a hater.

Nerf: Snake. Make his tilts and jab much weaker, and reduce the damage his explosives do.

Ratatat

Smash Apprentice
BUFF
captain falcon: make falcon paunch instant kill...and homing.
wario: should be wario-man the whole time.

NERF
sonic: should be as slow as ganon, unfair speed, nuff said

Foxtrotter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
msfoxtrott
Buff: Pikachu. Give Dair a wider shock wave when used near the ground, and have Skull Bash the potential to give an electric shock to opponet.

Also buff: Charizard. Longer Flamethrower (length-wise), replace Rock Smash with Dragon Claw, and make the glide look not so ********.

Nerf: King Dedede. Remove chain grab, and stop throwing the spiky-things whose name escapes me.

Also nerf: Jigglypuff Snake.
Please. D=

DTKPch

Smash Journeyman
I'd use both buffs on Captain Falcon.
The end result: He is faster than Sonic, has a projectile like Falco's laser, can combo with his aerials, his up-b has super armor frames the entire time, his knee KOs on a medium-sized stage at 40%, his Falcon Punch is an instant kill, his dthrow is a chain throw on all characters which combos into knee, he doesn't normally die until upwards of 250%, his down-b and side-b also act as reflectors, and his smashes can not be out-prioritized. Oh, and if you try to ban him from tournaments, he jumps out of the TV and breaks your Wii.

I'd nerf Sonic and Lucas.

HeoandReo

Smash Apprentice
I'd buff Mario and Diddy because I think they're okay characters, and Mario needs his Tornado recovery back, and Diddy needs more knockback power on his fair.
Nerf goes to Marth and Lucas because I hated Marth in Melee and the Random Button made me hate Lucas because it selected him all the time.

I don't feel like thinking what else I should buff/nerf them with. It's just what I would do.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Buff: Meta Knight: Infinite jumps, more knockback, less lag for the ending of the specials. Hey, we said it didn't have to be fair. :)

Buff: Ice Climbers: Make them less seperable, that's all I ask. Well, more range to Blizzard and more damage/hits for Squall Hammer would be nice, too. Oh, and make the Ice Blocks shrink slower and do more damage.

Nerf: Wario: I don't care what, just make him utterly and completely sucky. I hate the guy.

Nerf: Snake: Take away his tilts. Yeah, I mean so he doesn't even have them anymore at all.

AAP

Smash Journeyman
Buff: Peach- give her back her wicked f-throw, a faster/more powerful u-air, and a little more speed

Buff: Luigi- his old fair, or maybe slightly weaker than melee, and make him the only char who could wavedash

Nerf: Marth- give him ike's sword and make it so all the little fairy could do was drag it on the ground, make his jab like peachs (maybe give him girlier sounds)

Nerf: Snake- give him a pool noodle and some water ballons, his jabs should be him doing the sprinkler and make all his costumes animal prints but in pastels, snake the water aerobics instructor. oh and maybe his water balloons could randomly be flutter boards that he could throw

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
This is hard.

Buff: Ness MASSIVELY.

Buff: Captain Falcon MASSIVELY (even more than Ness)

Nerf: Lucas a considerable amount.

Nerf: Snake SUPER ULTRA MASSIVELY :)

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Buff: Ganon, or at least make him more similar to Melee Ganon.
Buff: Lucario. And by "Buff", I mean, turn his skin whitish purpleish, give him 3 round fingers, make more catlike, give him a giant purple tail, make his aura purple, and call it "Psychic", make him float, let him lift stuff with his mind, and call him "Mewtwo."

Nerf: Snake, obvious reason is obvious.
Nerf: Random, because there is a 1/35 chance he'll be snake.

Talazala

Smash Journeyman
Buff: Mario. I would give him more range in his attacks and increase his weight so it's harder to ko him. Also, I think he deserves a higher jump. He was freakin called JUMPMAN. Oh, and make the fireballs fail less. He is Nintendo's mascot after all, give him some credit.

Buff: Jiggly: More kill! less fail!

Nerf: Ike: Bring his strength down to a more reasonable level, so now he can only kill someone with his forward smash at when they're around 100%. Not like 70%. Also weaken his bair and uair.

Nerf: Marth: You can kiss your prettyboy face and speed goodbye. REMOVE HIS SPIKE.

Ace55

Smash Lord
Buff: Wario- just to annoy that other guy.

but seriously (Wario doesn't need a buff)

Buff: Captain Falcon, Ganon (more like change Ganon, he's still partially a clone)

Nerf: Snake, MK (but G&W and Dedede could use one to).

And most importantly: take ROB back to the toystore.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
id buff mk so his attacks do as much as snakes

nerf cap. falcons falcon punch.

sht does like 25%!!!!!!

-Linko-

Smash Journeyman
Nerf: Falcon and Ganondorf

Buff: Solid Snake and Metaknight

Don't you hate me now?

Now, SRLS:

Buff: Hitstun

Nerf: airdodges. Make them one per jump, but directional.

Now, you've got it: Melee 2.0

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
Buff: Captain Falcon (maybe not melee status tho) and a lil Ness(just get rid of chain grabs, and make his "Wind" after psi magnet x2 or so)

Nerf: Marth and Snake.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Falcon and Sonic deserve love and buffs.
Snake and Metaknight can die IRL, but even then they'd still be top tier.

Jibbles

Smash Apprentice
Buff: Falcon, Ganon

Nerf: Yoshi (I don't care if he is low/bottom), Sbake (love him but the 21% damage FTilt and ridiculous invisible hitbox has got to go)

BudaBoy

Smash Cadet
Buff Sonic and Yoshi (not a yoshi fan personally, but he's an original 12 people, I think it's finally his time)

Nerf MK and G&W (that d-smash should NOT be spammable)

Ørion

Smash Ace
Nerf MK, he would become slow and lose all combo ability.
Nerf Snake, he would lose his killing power.
Buff Toon Link, I would give him more killing power.
Buff Toon Link (again, probably cheating but watev), make his dair cancelable so it can be used off the edge and remove all landing lag.

Top Bottom