• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You Know You're Addicted to Pokemon When...

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I have the original Pokemon anime theme and the Pokerap on my iPod. I beat you all.
Nah, because I still have the old 2BA Master Soundtrack, plus the first three movie soundtracks on my iPod...so I beat you all. ;)

-alter pokemon sprites for fun (sorry i had to :laugh:)
Guilty. :laugh: Just go to The Custom Pokemon Shop. And those aren't even all of my edits.

Wait, all these things seem pretty normal to me. I've done all of these several times. Also;

I tried this once, the person just ignored me. :(
Well, they are pretty normal for Pokefans. Casual gamers would probably not consider those normal. I don't know, I wrote the list a while ago when I was bored so I just used that as a starting point.

2. When you played brawl and saw cresselia on spear pillar you..

a)started crying
b)broke your game
c) that that you had a glitch
Okay, that made me laugh. :laugh:
Seriously, Cresselia fails in life. If Failed Potato didn't already have the name Failed Potato, Cresselia would get it.

I've got some more of my own.

1. You have one or more Pokemon soundtracks.
  2. You have one or more Pokemon board games.
  3. You have one or more Pokemon posters.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
Why are so many of these things true.
I also have the soundtrack(not on my ipod)
I have the posters
I have a pokemon puzzle
lol at the Cressilia in Brawl
I have a simple question, how did Sky Forme Shaymin get the name Failed Potato

New truths about pokefans
1.you have the original pokedex game thing
2. you want to or have been to a pokemon tournament
3.you go to the grass in your backyard hopping to find animals as big as you are.
4.you have seen all of the good pokemon movies (up to the one with Lugia)

PD4FR

Smash Ace
when you've performed the Mew trick more than 5 times. (Me):)

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Why are so many of these things true.
I also have the soundtrack(not on my ipod)
I have the posters
I have a pokemon puzzle
lol at the Cressilia in Brawl
I have a simple question, how did Sky Forme Shaymin get the name Failed Potato

New truths about pokefans
1.you have the original pokedex game thing
2. you want to or have been to a pokemon tournament
3.you go to the grass in your backyard hopping to find animals as big as you are.
4.you have seen all of the good pokemon movies (up to the one with Lugia)
Yeah, I have 4 soundtracks, 2 posters (one with the original 150 on it, the other a PBR poster), and I have the Pokemon Master Trainer Game (1 +2), Pokemon Sorry!, and Pokemon Monopoly.
Failed Potato is actually only called that by me, I think, but while discussing it in the Pokemon Platinum thread, I sort of just came up with it randomly.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
When did they make a Pokemon Monopoly, that's awsome especially since it combines my favorite board-game and my favorite videogame franchise. I also have a poster with the original 150/151 and the newest one with all 493 sprites(it came with the D/P pokedex).
This is really sad if we have these things:laugh:

stranga

Smash Journeyman
1. Wonder why the u.s. has more then eight gym's
2. Go into a random house and start talking to the people inside
3. Wonder why none of the evil organizations have guns
4. Think you can survive off of just milk and berries

majora_787

Smash Hero
I'm an expert at unown reading. IF you can read unown, then YOU are AWESOM!!! ...E!!!

._. And Firus, thanks to you I have to call Shaymin a failed potato. Darn you and your catchy naming abilities!!!

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I'm an expert at unown reading. IF you can read unown, then YOU are AWESOM!!! ...E!!!

._. And Firus, thanks to you I have to call Shaymin a failed potato. Darn you and your catchy naming abilities!!!
Haha, yep.

And as for Shaymin, do not call Shaymin a Failed Potato, call...(I have to go against my rules here and call it by its official name) Sky forme "Shaymin" Failed Potato. But yeah, isn't it a catchy name? ;)

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
When you use PK Freeze, Ice Shot, or Blizzard on Rayquaza/(Meta) Ridley in Boss Battle, thinking it'll do 4x damage.
When you know that Cresselia has no business whatsoever being on Spear Pillar.
When you can guess at the names of the attacks that the various Pokemon use.
When you can name all of the background Pokemon on Pokemon Stadium 2.
When you a) notice the cameo Pokemon in the background of Spear Pillar (not Dialga/Palkia), b) know the significance of their presence, and c) know their names.
When you complain about discrepancies between the Pokemon's moves and what those moves do/are named in the games.
When you have dirty thoughts about Gardevoir.

That's all I've got for now.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Haha, yep.

And as for Shaymin, do not call Shaymin a Failed Potato, call...(I have to go against my rules here and call it by its official name) Sky forme "Shaymin" Failed Potato. But yeah, isn't it a catchy name? ;)
Yes, it's as catchy as Captain Gulpin and fail sauce.

@ParanoidDrone
My friend Tyler and every krystal fan I know are guilty of that last one you crossed out. <_< Sadly, I'm serious.

God I need new friends. XD

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I have the pokerap and some other songs (3) on my ipod.
I have 4 posters (the original 151,Emerald poster, 490 poster that came with the prima pokedex, PBR poster ).
I have both pokemon monopoly and sorry( im always blaine).
I have every pokemon game to date (not counting trozei, only games that you can buy at the store).

mzink*

Smash Ace
When you sing the various pokemon tunes from the different tv shows to your pets while you are doing housework.

"Everybody wants to be a master! Everybody wants to show their skills...."

When you sing the WTF Pokemon tune randomly

Darkslash

Smash Master
HOLY CRAP I CAN READ UNKNOWN!!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Any ways

1)When you expect a turtle to clamp on your head
2)when you start nominating Pokemon Remix's for Guitar Hero IV(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msG9Z1cbcbI is a good example)
3)When you sing or hum the JAPANESE theme songs of the anime.

When you use PK Freeze, Ice Shot, or Blizzard on Rayquaza/(Meta) Ridley in Boss Battle, thinking it'll do 4x damage.
When you know that Cresselia has no business whatsoever being on Spear Pillar.
When you can guess at the names of the attacks that the various Pokemon use.
When you can name all of the background Pokemon on Pokemon Stadium 2.
When you a) notice the cameo Pokemon in the background of Spear Pillar (not Dialga/Palkia), b) know the significance of their presence, and c) know their names.
When you complain about discrepancies between the Pokemon's moves and what those moves do/are named in the games.
When you have dirty thoughts about Gardevoir.

That's all I've got for now.
Crap every thing except the Gardevoir one :D

majora_787

Smash Hero
lol that happened to me once....but some guy came up to me and asked what my starter was XD
I've had a 6 year old walk up to me and tell me their starter was blorclorps or something like that. He asked me what mine was and I said Pikachu. He looked at me like I was making **** up and was on drugs. Then he ASKED if I was on drugs.

If you are the kid in that story, you are addicted in an unhealthy extreem.

Pika25

Smash Apprentice
NNID
pika250
3DS FC
0173-1819-2264
When you think a sniper nails weak spots for more power

when you think so small a container (a Poké ball) fits something so big (a Wailord)

Darkslash

Smash Master
I've had a 6 year old walk up to me and tell me their starter was blorclorps or something like that. He asked me what mine was and I said Pikachu. He looked at me like I was making **** up and was on drugs. Then he ASKED if I was on drugs.

Blorclorps....what in the heck? he needs a Giovanni Facepalm XD

zrky

Smash Lol'd
You see a 6 year old on the seat across from you on the bus playing Pokemon and you give them tips on how to train.

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY, thats happened to me, but not on a bus specifically.

WOW, that kid was stupid. Well you werent wrong if you have yellow:)That kid needs to get off of his flinstone vitamins:laugh:

Moy

Where's the coffee cake?
Slippi.gg
MOY#56
When you know EVERY effect of Hidden Power for each Pokemon who can learn it.

Cease Tick

Smash Ace
When you feed your pet blocky candy because you think it will make it smarter/cooler/cuter/tougher/more beautiful.

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
When you pit your pet mouse against your pet hawk and think the mouse will win because it has type advantage (the poor rodent T_T) .

Top Bottom