• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You guys have an infinite on Diddy

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
This was known a long time ago. I think SFP posted it awhile back. We have a similar infinite on Wario with a bike tire too.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Cool. Ignore this thread and let it die.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Cut Thread Here------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

solecalibur

Smash Master
or we could like try and learn this , it doesnt have to be 0 to death but just doing it for a lot of damage is kinda awesome

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
I thought people tested this when it first came out and said it wasn't legit? If it has been legit, well, why the **** not learn it? Especially in America where people don't use these infinites for whatever reason, sounds like you'd never have to worry about Diddy again until they adapt

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
I can't seem to get this just right. I tried to learn it a long time ago and again now. Can anyone actually do it? No matter how much I delay the down throw after the footstool, I can't seem to insta-throw the banana, hit him, and land behind him. It usually lands right in front of him. :/

Xyless

Smash Master
I thought people tested this when it first came out and said it wasn't legit? If it has been legit, well, why the **** not learn it? Especially in America where people don't use these infinites for whatever reason, sounds like you'd never have to worry about Diddy again until they adapt
Nah, people found it was legit, it just has a very tight window for success. And as it's been said in this topic already, Americans really don't want to devote the time to learning infinites, no matter how zany they are.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Wait, this actually works?
I thought Diddy's trip animation was too short to get a legit d-smash in...
Sweet, motivation!

Mr-R

Smash Champion
lmao this looks like its worth wasting some hours for in practice mode brb

zApollo

Smash Ace
It's possible with practice. Set the CPU to walk so you have to be frame perfect.

Moving to the left as you delay the first throw is the key imo, makes it heaps easier.

overgamer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5026-4413-8581
It's possible with practice. Set the CPU to walk so you have to be frame perfect.

Moving to the left as you delay the first throw is the key imo, makes it heaps easier.
have to agree 100%. Been messing with this lately, and the time frame window to do it correctly is actually extremely large! It's really amazing and not hard to learn.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
I could bet any one of you guys 50$ that you won't be able to land this on me!!!

Zero

Smash Hero
That's like a player saying "I bet you $50 you won't hit me with a single banana" against a Diddy main.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Because you are going to get hit by the banana. Zero Suit's Infinite is a million times easier to land than Diddy's by the way

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Requirement for Diddy's infinite:
Be close to opponent
Have banana in hand.

Requirement for ZSS's infinite:
Hit opponent with B or Dsmash.
Have banana in hand.

Yeaaa....... ZSS has it way easier.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
you mean instead of dsmash for then footstool? It shouldn't be because nB doesn't lift them off the ground unlike dsmash, so you can't footstool them. What's awesome about that though is that you can trip them out of a nB, so nB to forward glidetoss is free

overgamer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5026-4413-8581
I wonder if it's possible to do with B...
B combo into glidetoss banana > Dsmash, so after that, if there's no other banana messing with ya, you can start the infinite. If that's what you meant...

The funny thing about this is that it probably works on the entire cast. Too bad ZSS can't make bananas! (Hey, Brawl- team...)
Something like Down Taunt invoking a banana? I lold.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183

If this actually is legit, you just have to not use naners as Diddy... Or just be really good at controling a banana...

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
The only way to get around this is not using bananas?
So... losing?
Diddy is EASY without his bananas.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Considering Diddys are all getting super geeked about that infinite..I think we shold actually sit down and learn this. I know I will.

overgamer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5026-4413-8581
The only way to get around this is not using bananas?
So... losing?
Diddy is EASY without his bananas.
Well diddys are getting boned with their infinite, so they'll prolly think they have a better chance landing it on you then you to land on him.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
This is pretty difficult for me, you have to be very precise with when you start DIing side ways but at the same time you can't buffer a turnaround as you land :( Has anyone mastered it?

overgamer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5026-4413-8581
This is pretty difficult for me, you have to be very precise with when you start DIing side ways but at the same time you can't buffer a turnaround as you land :( Has anyone mastered it?
You dont need to the the multi footstool version (this one is for others chars), only the single footstool with 2 banana throws to Dsmash (don't need turnaround) which is imo easy to do once the delays are learned.

Maybe you're talking about something else?

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
No the delays are what's difficult, maybe if someone made in input flow chart for meh? I find it difficult to get above Diddy in time while still being able to grab the banana after the footstool

overgamer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5026-4413-8581
No the delays are what's difficult, maybe if someone made in input flow chart for meh? I find it difficult to get above Diddy in time while still being able to grab the banana after the footstool
If you air dodge it means you must wait a little longer to recatch the banana after the footstool, you need to train until you figure it out. Also the regrab range is quick big, meaning you can already start moving to diddy for then regrab to Dthrow.

Input flow chart? For me, it's something like that:

Dsmash > Y, Y (fast for short foostool) > Stick Down, Z > start moving back > Z (recatch) > Stick Down, Z > Dsmash

Hope it helps.

Top Bottom