• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Tournament Results: End of an Era, A New Beginning? *updated August 19th

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I guess if someone bothers to post results and such but doesn't put it in right format, that's when I'd be a bit confused and either try doing it on my own or not do it at all.
While people who don't post results but I happen to find it, I put it in the format. So you just putting two links shall be enough for me to simply put the tournament name, amount of people at it + your placing, and date.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
Ok, I hate sounding like a noob, but I'm not sure how to or where to post my results in a thread other than this one. And it seems like I need to link to a single post containing the results and the bracket image, correct?
Also, I've edited my results on the previous page making it a bit neater if it helps.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Ok, I hate sounding like a noob, but I'm not sure how to or where to post my results in a thread other than this one. And it seems like I need to link to a single post containing the results and the bracket image, correct?
Also, I've edited my results on the previous page making it a bit neater if it helps.
If you have tournament results to post, you can make a thread here in the Console Tournament Results forum for your results: http://www.smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=119

If you want any suggestions on what to add to the post, how to make it look, etc, you can go to the stickied Guidelines thread or even look at other threads as examples.

And dont worry, youre not a noob haha.

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
So do I just make a separate thread for my tournament in that board and post each result in there then link back here then? If so, what if I can't get hold of a bracket image or everyones placings/characters used? (Assuming we need these for our tournament to be counted and included in the update.)
Thanks for helping again.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
You'd need the full results for the thread, and preferably a bracket as well. If you cant find everything you need, then youd need to get that unfortunately.

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
NEC 13 Apex Qualifier - 12/1/12
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=330577
Philadelphia, PA
13th of 32

This tournament was interesting we had some people from Florida, MD/VA, and one guy from Washington which I didn't expect. There were some pretty cool upsets too lol. Anyway, round 1 I had to play GDX. I beat him but it didn't mean much because I had to play M2K next in round 2. I'd like to say I sort of held my own but i still got 2-0'd lol. In losers I sorta destroyed this guy deathnote who was from Washington. Then I lost to Xzax's MK ;-; Was fun for my first OoR tourney.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
You played MK mains that're actually better than the average player. Especially M2K.
Nothing happened.

I'll update today or some other day if a post in this thread finally sparks some people to post their results.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp

FF WuvS

Smash Ace
NNID
Lostmagic103
I never know if my results are acceptable, but I'll send it anyways and let you guys judge~

Phoenix Saga 5 - 12/1/12
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=330491
Ann Arbor, MI
25/72

Pools I lost to Tutu 0-2 and Kels 1-2 and beat Me9595 2-0 (got 2nd seed overall.)
Bracket I beat Gifts 2-1, lost to Tyrant 0-2 (though he was really late, so they marked it down as 1-2), then beat JTsm 2-1, and lost to KSev 0-2 (who then Delta beat lol.)
None of my matches were too spectacular, so no reason to go into details.

Depster

Smash Champion
How did you catch the grenade and drop it only to forward smash it like that? Twas really weird to watch.

FF WuvS

Smash Ace
NNID
Lostmagic103
Olimar.

****ing broken *** ***** *** ****ing Usmashing grab spamming short little prick.

ALSO WUVS IS HERE YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
For the moment, yeah~

Also, that's exactly how I felt when I played L_Cancel >_>; All these other MI Olimar mains have completely taught me wrong on the ACTUAL Olimar MU ._.

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
Wuvs just submit all your results that aren't last. We will accept them xD Also good job with your placing. :)

Also, Delta I'm a little upset about the start of game 2 with Ally. You had the chance to go for more spikes if you spaced your dj but you went back to the stage. Also a little mad at how ALLY DOESN'T DIE. You down b'd him at like 170 and HE LIVED. ;-; I feel like you didn't really do much wrong but Snake still won cause he's snake.

FF WuvS

Smash Ace
NNID
Lostmagic103
Thank You :3

If I got 33rd/72 I don't think I would have submitted that because it wouldn't seem completely beneficial to do so. Not sure if you would consider that "last" because it was last in bracket, but you get my point~

EDIT: Snake is such a dumb MU ;~;

blacktwins13

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Blacktwins13
k so i don't rly talk much here on the boards or much posting (i blame my shyness/awkwrdness sort of)
but here's most results i can remember sry if most are rly old =l.
SiD4 : 1st expirement
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=310976
Toronto, ON
13 out of 27 (considering this was my 1st ever tourney i was very nervous talking and meeting new ppl)
my 1st match i did bad due to nervousness and i didn't know almost any yoshi tricks back then.
Loser's round 1 i faced a zss main, he wasn't too hard. 2-0. i had a wifi friend who mained zss so i sort of knew the mu.
losers round 2 was against a luigi main, 2-0 again not too hard since i used to main luigi to a secondary and knew how he played.
loser's round 3 was a snake main who was i think 3rd/4th best at the time. 2-1 i honestly say i got really lucky when i killed him with an u-air at 100 when he was using his up b last stock when i was around 150.
losers round 4 was a mk main 2-1 he was a good mk in and went close games 1&2 but alas brinstar was his game 3 cp l=
gona post more or most likely re edit to add more tourney results and my feedback. il also try to help out and contribute and try not to avoid awkwardness with you guys <.< sry

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
How did you catch the grenade and drop it only to forward smash it like that? Twas really weird to watch.
Ally stripped the nade. You have to grab it twice to throw.
^This. I felt so derp when I Fsmashed, too. It was just like, "Wow I can't believe I let that happen :urg:"

Also, Delta I'm a little upset about the start of game 2 with Ally. You had the chance to go for more spikes if you spaced your dj but you went back to the stage. Also a little mad at how ALLY DOESN'T DIE. You down b'd him at like 170 and HE LIVED. ;-; I feel like you didn't really do much wrong but Snake still won cause he's snake.
Yeah, I saw the opportunity for more spikes when I rewatched the video.

Ally's snake is ridiculous. I had to tack on an extra like, 100% for every stock. =_=

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
Alright, back from a tournament that had some interstaters & stuff, MK legal too. I'll post the full results soon including the tournament link. One question, do 2v2 results count as well or just 1v1s?
Cause my teammate and I got 1st in doubles so it'd be good if it counts :p

Got 5th out of 14 in singles, using no one but Yoshi as always. Won against an Olimar, then lost to an MK, won against a Marth, won against a Snake, and then lost to a Tlink-tournament nerves kicked in before our game so I couldn't handle his projectiles properly or get close to him.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Tournaments Included In update

SiD4 1st expirement
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=310976
(09/13/12)
13 out of 27
Blacktwins

Kafeino Brawl
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=14973304&postcount=25731
(10/13/12)
4th out of 8
Z'zgashi

NEC 13 Apex Qualifier
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=330577
(12/01/12)
13th out of 32
Raptor

Phoenix Saga 5
(12/01/12)
13th out of 72
Deltacod

Phoenix Saga 5
(12/01/12)
25th out of 72
Wuvs

StreetGeek 12.12
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=15012794#post15012794
(12/15/12)
5th out of 14
Nikes

Was the whole month of November really dry of Yoshi activity? (I'm too busy secretly training for the LSC2 in TX... wait till March)

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
Finally a result of mine to be included, cool :)
The November tournament went terribly for me, so I didn't post anything about it. I'm surprised to see a lack of results for that month from other Yoshi's though.

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
Uprise of LI 11 - Frankin Square, NY
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=331553
12-29-12
17th of 50

'Twas a fun tournament with many upsets lol. I think you can find at least one in every pool xD Anyway, round 1 I played Mampam (I think hes PR'ed 2nd in Florida) and won 2-0 against his Diddy. The games were pretty close so I saved both. I played RJ afterwards and got 2-0'd by his Lucario. I was kinda salty but whatever I made it out of pools. In bracket I got ***** lol. 2-0'd by Vex's D3 (although both games were close) then 2-0'd by Will.

17th again. :awesome:

Top Bottom