• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Tournament Results: End of an Era, A New Beginning? *updated August 19th

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
Sa2vation - College Park, Maryland
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=333167
1-26-13
5th of 36

2nd time OoR and I had a blast. I played very well this day... 2-0'd FV, 2-0'd 2Fast, lost 1-2 to CT Zero, 2-1'd Deez, 2-1'd Logic and then finally lost to Seagull 0-2. I also beat someone PR'ed in MD/VA named TC1 like 5 times in a row in mm's making $15 xD

My set vs Zero may be uploaded soon. Not sure.

Boomer3d

Smash Journeyman
The results for the tournament i went to yesterday are on facebook so ...
LTTDR9
1: MJG ($27)
2: DeLux ($19)
3: Bonds ($9)
4: Egman
5: T22
5: Fragger
7: Unity
7: Rev
9: Wohlgy
9: Steve
9: Beta

Eggman, 4th of 11
Sorry Raptortec I didn't get to grand finals ><

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Pardon me for not updating since Christmas, but I think I'll start up on doing it once I get back in the mood for the game once Feb 23rd rolls around or March 9th.
I swear I'll namesearch all of you/remind you to post results once I get to updating this thread.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
With collapse tags not working cause of the new forum (along with icons) dunno when the next update will be.... and upon realizing at the spot that collapse no longer works oh god it's hideous. Just like the forum...

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I have no idea since nobody mentioned any changes they'd like and the fact March 9th passed already....
Maybe I'll try again next year and do an update next month.

Post results everybody please....?

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
Wow, nice work with these results dude.

Your Yoshi has so much flow Raptor! :o Love it.

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
Nice job guys. You got an awesome Yoshi, Raptor(as seen in the vid). However I sorta disdain the commentary in that vid ...> >

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
That was some top tier commentary right there. I sure love it when we get commentators that know what they're talking about!

Raptor, you're a little too greedy against GnW. You died pretty early both stocks because of the greeeeeeeeeeed.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Surprised they mentioned Serriph. The Yoshi that made the combo videos with those....Disturbed music. I will say he redeemed himself with Pendulum Watercolour.

Oh and... regarding updates, once this MU chart is done and depending how the Road to WHOBO goes down here in TX I might quit. Haven't been updating cause either everyone not posting results, no results to post, or just no motivation. That and game is dying and here in SA we don't really play brawl anymore, guess you can say LoL took us kinda.

Anyways yeah... forgot if I said here, but went to a tournament in March so I am active just the past two years tournaments I go too the TO doesn't post results. Even if I'm a Volunteer for most of those events (being anime cons, Mizumi/San Japan)

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
That was some top tier commentary right there. I sure love it when we get commentators that know what they're talking about!

Raptor, you're a little too greedy against GnW. You died pretty early both stocks because of the greeeeeeeeeeed.
To be fair, I do agree that I play too greedy but the 2 times I died were actually just silly mistakes. Like the second time I died I was just trying to down b to the ledge but GnW's uair moved me.

And yeah, the commentary was terrible >_>

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I misspoke, the first death had nothing to do with greed.

I really disagree with trying to head for the ledge on that second stock. I didn't notice the Uair had messed with you, though. Early mornings aren't my most aware time period.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Worst part is that was the last tournament I was even able to attend... ;~;

Family stuffs been getting in the way far too often for my taste.

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
Congrats fellow Yoshis! :bee: Nice work!
I could've gone to a house tourney a couple of days ago to win, but there was only like, 1 other good player there so it wouldnt've had any significance lol. That and it was on the other side of the city, and late at night.
I'm still waiting on my TO for the bracket image of my last tourney, and I've got another on May 4th. (I won $10 at that tourney, woo! XD )

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
Good job Yellow :)

Crossfire II - Farmingdale, NY
http://smashboards.com/threads/crossfire-ii-80-people-in-attendence.336544/
5/18/13
13th of 40
Raptor

KTAR 7 - Piscataway, NJ
http://smashboards.com/threads/ktar-7-results.338328/
7/6/13
17th of 55
Raptor

KTAR 7 - Piscataway, NJ
7/6/13
17th of 55
Delta

KTAR 7 - Piscataway, NJ
7/6/13
33rd of 55
MX

Shockwave - Shirley, NY
http://smashboards.com/threads/cfst-shockwave-now-with-more-ceetee.338929/
7/20/13
5th of 23
Raptor

Can someone new get ownership of this thread that way this can actually get updated?

YellowRello

Smash Apprentice
NNID
YellowRello
3DS FC
4141-4335-8308
I've won 3 of my local tournaments but they're all on Facebook. Any active yoshi's in Texas? I would love to play them. Mx I see you boy! & raptor your placements are impressive.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
The only Yoshi's left in Texas is Polt and I. And we both haven't entered a tournament in more than half a year. Though I'm going to WHOBO 5 at least.

D

Deleted member 189823

That was some nice performance against Orion there, Raptor. I've always used DJEL, but you make me realize the uses of B-Reversals, even for landing.

Top Bottom