• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Tournament Results: End of an Era, A New Beginning? *updated August 19th

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Nah, what I mean is that when he was about to land, you'd try to go up and punish his landing with dash grab or usmash or something, and he easily airdodged through/double jumped over/punished it with ease. Needs more eggs. ;D
Eggs are not terribly effective because he plays a lot like Sonic.

Also, if he simply air-dodged through my attacks then it was a timing error on my part. I'll be sure to work on that. >.>

How close were your guys' sets with him?
In winner's finals, I lost 1-3, and in grand finals I lost 2-3. If I remember correctly, every single match went to last hit.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Im a lot different in looks than you guys other than glasses though.

I have dark reddish hair, freckles, and am German/Italian.

Depster

Smash Champion
I actually don't have glasses lol, and unless you got to know me you wouldn't know that I was really nerdy =p

Airborne

Smash Lord
Eggs are not terribly effective because he plays a lot like Sonic.

Also, if he simply air-dodged through my attacks then it was a timing error on my part. I'll be sure to work on that. >.>
Orrrrr you could zone with the eggs when he's in the air, and perhaps floor trap him with them as well. The mutha f*cker can't punish us from mid range when we won't let him land.

Also, DR would fix all of those over-extension problems when you're trying to punish someone's landings.. no johns.

Edit: I also don't wear glasses. Perfect teeth, perfect eyes.

D

Deleted member

I dont wear glasses.
Chuee is terrible, its not because u are just bad with yoshi but your badness is not accepted in the yoshi clan
:3

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
Play N Trade: SSBB Tournament (3/26/11)
Plainview, NY
2nd of 38

Got 40 bucks store credit with which I bought Pokemon White. :D My friend got 1st after coming back from losers finals and got mvc3 and 21 Arizonas... :I

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion

Flayl

Smash Hero
DeltaCod, did you go solo Yoshi at Smash... Hit?

Also, do you remember who else played low/bottom-of-mid tier characters?

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I went solo Yoshi.

I don't really remember anyone else playing a low tier character. There were a bunch of people there that I hadn't really seen before, but they all played higher end tiered characters, like DK and Pikachu. I believe those are out of your range.

Sharky

Smash Master
got 3rd out of 14 yesterday, cura decided to show up at the last minute -_- but I didn't play him so it didn't mean too much. In losers finals I played a snake, and every game I got the early lead, and every game I made one critical mistake or had one terrible phase that lost it for me. Consistency is still my weakness. :( However, I did play much better overall than I have in a long time, and I also beat the two people that beat me at another point in the tournament. So I had a couple disappointments, but overall I'm fairly satisfied =)

edit:
Best 3 4/16/11
Troy, NY
3rd/14
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=301666

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I haven't been to a tournament in 2 months now <3

I've been consistently beating and taking players in top 5 here to the last game (well, aside from X and Yaz who I don't do so consistently, but they're #1 and #2)

Also haven't lost to a non top 5 for about a month :3c

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I'm going to a smashfest this Friday. Imma see how many people I can beat.

Top Bottom