• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Tournament Results: End of an Era, A New Beginning? *updated August 19th

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
Hey, at least you had a tournament to go to =b I don't even know when the next tourney is gonna be for me.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
If only I knew how to fight Snake... WOULDVE HAD TO PLAY WOLF/MK NEXT ROUND.

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
I'd MUCH rather fight Wolf/MK than Snake personally. I actually like the Wolf MU. MK is just a test of patience for me usually =b

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I fight a Snake almost every tournament i've attended so far, mostly cause SA is crawling with them and most of the Out of City tournaments has atleast 3 of them coming along for the tournament as well.
I'm not patient enough to fight MK...

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
I like the snake MU personally. I wanted to ask if you wanted my results for DMT 8. Only 6 players entered singles, so it won't count right?

*Reads OP*

*self-pity*

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
I am personally about 50 times better at the MK MU then any of the Lucario, Wolf, or TL MUs. The last time I played a Wolf/MK, the game against Wolf was much closer than the one against MK (I won 2-0), and his Wolf was rusty as hell. :x

:005:

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I'm definitely better at all the other MUs in this game (except Fox and maybe ROB) than I am at the MK one because I'm better at exploiting the other characters' weaknesses. MK has no weaknesses that we can exploit if the player is good, and I hate that, so I instantly hate the MU and become demoralized and stuff.

Of course, in tournament and against certain players, I refuse to lose. ;)

Silent Beast

Smash Journeyman
I'm mad hyped for Pray n Trade. Can't believe it's looking to be as big as it is.
That's a regional? I was actually considering going to that, since it's about 10 min from my house, even though I pretty much haven't played in months.

Silent Beast

Smash Journeyman
No reason not to go honestly =b
You know, I honestly feel bad for people like you who have to travel like, what, 4, 8 hours to tourneys, while I'm like, "Hm, this one's 20 minutes away. Yeah, I guess I could make my way over to that."

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
It does make the tournaments that much more enjoyable when I do get the time/money to travel to one. But I would much rather have one every weekend that's within reasonable driving distance than one every 3 months =b

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
To be honest, having a bunch of locals every weekend isn't that great. I've reached the point now where I'd rather just go to a smashfest every Friday and then attend a regional every once in a while than go to every local.

But that's because I live in the land of MK and I hate him with a passion. At least with regionals I can play different people.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Updated To make it A bit more pretty with A New image and something new...
If A Yoshi main gets A high placing but used a Secondary they'll have a Bolded Red Name.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I just realized that you put yourself as getting 49th at WHobo 3 =b
I got 4th seed in Pools so my best guess was 49th place? Not sure how You or FTP did in Pools since Xyro didn't post Pools results.

I forgot to post it D:

Make Some Neuss [M2N]
http://forum.germansmash.de/showthread.php?16205-Make-some-Neuss-2-M2N-Results
(05/27-29/11)
25th out of 78

I could get a much higher placement but I decided to go Yoshi vs. Pit and I hate that MU, nevaaar again
Added to OP.

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
I got 4th in mine as well, but even so, if the bracket had featured everyone, you could have lost first round in winners and losers regardless of your pool seed. I mean, Tyrant lost in first round of winners to Zeton, so what if you played Ally by the luck of the draw and then had to play Tyrant?

Anyway, I think the way pools were done was ********. A LOT of good players didn't even make it into the bracket because only the top 3 made it out. It should have been 12 pools with the top 5 making it out and then giving 4 guys a bye with a 64-man bracket.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I got 4th in mine as well, but even so, if the bracket had featured everyone, you could have lost first round in winners and losers regardless of your pool seed. I mean, Tyrant lost in first round of winners to Zeton, so what if you played Ally by the luck of the draw and then had to play Tyrant?

Anyway, I think the way pools were done was ********. A LOT of good players didn't even make it into the bracket because only the top 3 made it out. It should have been 12 pools with the top 5 making it out and then giving 4 guys a bye with a 64-man bracket.
We never know who we could've played.
Even if they were top players, It'll still be a fun experience and knowing you Atleast made it out of Pools...

And I agree with Top 3 out of Pools being ******** when most of the pools ranged from 8-13 players each (139 in Brawl singles so 64 would've been understandable since close to half make bracket while everyone else don't which would range around 80 players not making it).
The way you typed it is basically what I kept discussing back at the hotel when even people like K Prime for example, didn't make it out of WHOBO 3 pools...

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
So you used a secondary cause you couldn't win with Yoshi? :troll:

=)
He used Lucario. And not only in one tournament, around three or four now. Which is why for Flayl's LT site a few of Raptor's results are missing while Polt has only 1 missing cause he used King D3 Vs Player-4 when he was using Lucario instead of MK...

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
I'll never have a red name, heh.

(That is unless Slush just gives me one for the hell of it) >.>

Top Bottom