• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Tournament Results: End of an Era, A New Beginning? *updated August 19th

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Incorrect, i'm doing it based on Tournament results and who they beat/lost too. Haven't finished it but basically cause been busy and doesn't seem anyone else is motivated to do it on here and other boards as well.

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
Agreed completely with getting hard brackets, it's so much more fun getting those hard matches. Definitely the most exciting part of tournaments for me. I play 10 times better against players I'm supposed to lose to than against anybody else. >.>
This is so true, there's hardly any pressure when you play someone below your level. Pressure is good..

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
This is so true, there's hardly any pressure when you play someone below your level. Pressure is good..
Actually, there's a lot more pressure because you're "not supposed" to lose to them, so you get really frustrated when you **** up. It's happened to me. Worst tournament experience of my life. I raged so hard that day and was lucky enough to have an awesome friend take me out so I could cheer up.

Tourney in 4 days in NYC. I have a good feeling about this one. Hopefully i can bring back some more money. :3
Good luck!

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
IDK Delta, I think that just depends on the person. When I play opponents like that and dumb stuff happens to me/I get wrecked, I just laugh it off and keep playing. At least, that's what it's been like for me lately; if I'm taking a set really seriously (which doesn't happen nearly as much as I'd like it to anymore >.>), I rage whenever stupid stuff happens to me. Fortunately, I channel my frustration in a way that causes me to go into a state of deep focus, and I pretty much go on a rampage at that point, and it often more than makes up for whatever I lost from whatever caused the frustration in the first place. I wish I played like that all the time...

:005:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Do you want me to go through my tournies listed and tell you who I beat/lost to?

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
If you mean for that Top 5 Yoshi thing, you can if you want too.
Also post recent tournaments you've attended, unless you haven't been to any yet.
I of course won't have any practice in for this big tournament that's going on at Gamelot in 5 days but i'll try to get housed and play all night. Me and polt will be attended this so wish us luck.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Oh lol, I totally read that wrong, I had just looked at the top 5 thread and somehow missread that reeeeally badly haha.

I guess I could if you still wanted me to though :p.

EDIT: I think I read this and thought I was still in the other thread:

Incorrect, i'm doing it based on Tournament results and who they beat/lost too. Haven't finished it but basically cause been busy and doesn't seem anyone else is motivated to do it on here and other boards as well.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I have a tournament on the 19th and have been going around smashing with top players here a ton to beef up my skills, and I'm hoping I can prove that I'm getting better. I'm getting better with mix ups and being smart, and if I can take out this fox/Kirby main that I always lost to, I'll be place skillwise just 2-3 spots from top 5 here :D

I've also been consistantly beating the Tink, Wolf, and MK main that I was ranked under ;)

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Anything below top 10 is pretty much facedesk for me, cuz our tournaments only have like, 16 people at most.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Raptor, is it the Poly Spring Fest thing? Wish I could go. :(
You + different avatar = mindf***

Anything below top 10 is pretty much facedesk for me, cuz our tournaments only have like, 16 people at most.
I wish I was capable of getting top 10. I've only ever been able to get top 12 or top 8 because most of the tournaments I've entered have been double elimination. =[

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Ours are double elimination as well. I always get ***** the second I hit losers bracket though. Except this one tournament we had 42 people... I lost first round and went through the entire losers bracket, even beating who I originally lost to, then took 7th... Such a goddamned scary bracket though...

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
whoosh
>>>>>>>>> <- The point

<(^.^<) <-Z'zgashi's head

My post was just a smart-a** way of pointing out that there's no such thing as top 10 (or top 5) in a double elimination bracket unless there are tiebreakers involved. It's a little pet peeve of mine, but it seems like 99% of the smash community makes this mistake. >.<

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Utah sometimes the tiebreakers just for the fun of it so our tournaments actually last a decent length.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
So, I put my title on another forum as 'Utah's Yoshi', and for some reason, this made a bunch of other smashers in my scene wanna yoshi ditto me to prove they have a better yoshi. So far, 4 of the top 5 in state have challenged me and 3 non ranks as well, and I beat them all, most of them by more than a stock each round and a few of them 3 stocks :p

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Yeah it is. Dude we need to meet at another tourney soon and rep dat Yoshi! I'll go pick you up if I have to damn it XD
It's not that I can't get a ride, it's that my weekend are full these days. I should be back in April or late March.

So, I put my title on another forum as 'Utah's Yoshi', and for some reason, this made a bunch of other smashers in my scene wanna yoshi ditto me to prove they have a better yoshi. So far, 4 of the top 5 in state have challenged me and 3 non ranks as well, and I beat them all, most of them by more than a stock each round and a few of them 3 stocks :p
Yoshi dittos are so free.

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
Poly Springfest Tourney 03-12-11
New York City, New York
13th of 36
"Raptr"
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=299476

I know before I said anything below 10th would be a dissapointment but I'm actually happy with how I did. Imo i got bracket ***** but still placed decently. Also when I faced ADHD I actually was in the lead in the first game. He was down to his last stock and then I tried to just waste time since I had 2 stocks. I went under the stage and I guess because of the pressure i messed up getting to the other side and sd'd. I honsetly think I could have pulled off that one win if that didnt happen. Oh and was also beating anti second match of our mm but he basically ***** me in the *** our last stock. He showed no mercy. :( Either way though, i'm happy with how I played.

D

Deleted member

You didnt get bracket ***** you faced a good player in winners and chaosmarth in losers(i dont know exactly how good he is but i know hes not a top player).
Thats not bracket ***** thats just a normal bracket.

:p

GJ regardless haha. 13/36 is a good placing =]

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
Lol thanks but take a closer look at the bracket then. And yeah i guess youre right about ChaosMarth. >_> Thats not to say that hes bad though he deserves some respect.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
You didn't get bracket *****, you just haven't earned a good seeding to avoid playing top players round 2 yet. =P

You lost to Chaos Marfa? He hates the MU, you coulda had it.

Sharky

Smash Master
got last in a 19 man tourney that had almost all PR'd/OoS players :lol: I'm still hella disappointed though, I coulda won both those games. =( I dunno I definitely feel like when I'm just playing with people lately I'm doing much better than I ever have, but I can't produce in tourney for some reason. Oh well, next thing to work on.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I went to a small smashfest over the weekend (spent friday night there, stayed all day saturday, and left sunday morning) that had only 6 entrants. I took 4th only after the 3 top 5 players who were there :D

We did a round robin and I lost 2-0 to sonic, lost 2-1 to ROB, lost 2-1 to falco, won 2-1 to fox, and won 2-0 to G&W. It felt good to not have any MKs there :D

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Sharky, it may be because you're more relaxed in friendlies or whatever and you don't think so nervously. Try talking during your matches a lot. I've been doing it lately and it's been helping.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Fail.

Naturally, I'm just speaking from personal experience. But people have told me I get really animated when I play, and I've had people tell me that I don't look like I'm even focusing at all when I'm trying really hard in a close set. XD

Of course, no one plays with as much passion as Dark Peach. I love watching him play.

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
Of course, no one plays with as much passion as Dark Peach. I love watching him play.
THIS^ Lol i get entertained just by watching his controller XD

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
For anyone concerned about no recent updates, I'll be holding off updates till WHOBO 3 ends. Cause i'm pretty sure more than 4 Yoshi mains shall be attending this tournament.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
im not going. I was, but I'm no longer financially able... I am going to genesis though, I'm positive

Top Bottom