• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Tournament Results: End of an Era, A New Beginning? *updated August 19th

D

Deleted member

Trevonte played exactly how snake should to beat yoshi (walky ftilt like you said, similar to takeo i think) and it gave me more trouble than halls more unorthodox campy style but yoshi just outmanuevers snake really bad and can combo and shiz. Snake cannot get off the ledge vs yoshi really, the only safe thing he can do is normal getup and thats punishable too XD

I think i was playin the ness matchup right, ness just has the perfect fall speed to **** yoshi when hes falling. The up airs are practically guarenteed and if he pivot away he can just running grab back throw. I played 2 super duper good nesses yesterday xD
Ness would be like one of our worst matchups without the grab releases (i used to think it was 40:60 XD but then i learned we could usmash out of release and i smiled :])

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Oh look, more results From Firefly. Great!
Any results yet Burntsockz?

Also what the hell is your tag/name in-game, Sockz/O**** still or something new?

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion

Sharky

Smash Master
Trevonte played exactly how snake should to beat yoshi (walky ftilt like you said, similar to takeo i think) and it gave me more trouble than halls more unorthodox campy style but yoshi just outmanuevers snake really bad and can combo and shiz. Snake cannot get off the ledge vs yoshi really, the only safe thing he can do is normal getup and thats punishable too XD

I think i was playin the ness matchup right, ness just has the perfect fall speed to **** yoshi when hes falling. The up airs are practically guarenteed and if he pivot away he can just running grab back throw. I played 2 super duper good nesses yesterday xD
Ness would be like one of our worst matchups without the grab releases (i used to think it was 40:60 XD but then i learned we could usmash out of release and i smiled :])
upair also. =) Although I think I agree with you on the mu being evenish, though slightly our advantage. His maneuverability is amazing, but in the end he has to make the aggression, so it comes down to you conditioning his approach correctly and learning the subtleties of his movements in the air. Big stages are really nice in this mu, as well as stages that have platforms which allow GR usmash from underneath (such as battlefield).

D

Deleted member

lol just so you know FOW got 3rd at WGF so yea i dont feel bad losing to him, hes mad good.
Also, ness' nair is the reason its even, because it beats spotdodge xD

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Well, it allows him to space really well. I hate how impossible it is to fight him in the air, though. His aerials trump Yoshi's in almost every way imaginable. =/

:069:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
lol just so you know FOW got 3rd at WGF so yea i dont feel bad losing to him, hes mad good.
Also, ness' nair is the reason its even, because it beats spotdodge xD
I lost to him as well when I went to Vegas, but that was seriouslies, not tournament. I DID how ever beat him 1 game thanks to random-*** Yoshi's Island shenanigans lol

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
Good ****, Delta. It was entertaining as **** watching you take down beast players with Yoshi.... still can't believe you beat KingToon's TL. XD Anyway, you definitely made some peoples jaws drop and I think I learned some new things I could try on my Yoshi so thanks.

As for my results for VC9, I'd rather not talk about it I played like ****.... >.>

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I also did well this weekend, beating Dojo and stuff... >.>

Anyways, congratulations again, Delta.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I see him in the major Texas tournaments, so yeah...

He still managed to make it to GFs (and did a split). :laugh:

D

Deleted member

Daaang props to both of yall, reppin hard.

i...am ranked higher on AiB ladder than anti?

LOL

RANK 6 BABY 37-0 GET AT THIS WIFI YOSHI PIT AND SNAKE
2090 we run this.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I'll update the thread later tonight with all the January Results.
And once i'm done with that i'll start doing that thing with the colors in names and stuff.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
So, guys, beat my states #3 and #5 PR'd players in money matches yesterday (they use rob and falco)

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
Play N Trade Tournament 2/4/11
4th/18
Franklin Square, New York
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=297072

This tournament was a true dissapointment. Barely lost to the Wolf that won the whole thing. I was going to win the third game but I started playing stupid and he caught on to me. He got that set. Had to beat a bunch of people in losers to get up to losers semis. In this set i was up to game 2 with the first win and out of nowhere my wiimote gets desynched. I am off the stage and fall to my death at 40%. The game ends last stock last hit with my opponent winning. I end up losing game 3 as well. I place 4th and get no prize. :( Honestly think I could have pulled off at least second.

Top Bottom