• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Tournament Results: End of an Era, A New Beginning? *updated August 19th

rel12

Smash Apprentice
Good luck to all of you! :) I've been helping MX :) Hopefully he will do well! Too bad i can't go :( I have Graduation!

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Good luck to all of you! :) I've been helping MX :) Hopefully he will do well! Too bad i can't go :( I have Graduation!
Don't be sad you can't go, heck alot of us wish we could attend this.

but on the real, congratz on Graduations, which is a milestone in life and is one step to a greater goal whatever it may be for you.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Good luck MX, do you're best and have fun. I can honestly say that MLG Orlando for me was a blast even with my low placing, because the environment was so good. I hope you have a much better weekend at this.

MX778

Smash Journeyman
Good luck MX, do you're best and have fun. I can honestly say that MLG Orlando for me was a blast even with my low placing, because the environment was so good. I hope you have a much better weekend at this.
Thanks D-torr, I will. <3 This is be a blast for sure.
Even if I lose with a decent/low placing, I don't mind just sitting around and playing friendlies all day with others, Airborne, and/or Sharky. What placing did you get at MLG Orlando?

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
129/180-something

which is basically last, seeing as I went 0-2 (lost to Snipa (ICs) 0-2 and t1mmy (MK/Kirby) 1-2)

but enough about me I suck

it didn't keep me down, I was too busy waching FL **** at MLG

MX778

Smash Journeyman
129/180-something

which is basically last, seeing as I went 0-2 (lost to Snipa (ICs) 0-2 and t1mmy (MK/Kirby) 1-2)

but enough about me I suck

it didn't keep me down, I was too busy waching FL **** at MLG
Lol, that's not THAT bad. It could have been worse. <3
I need to come down there one day.

Dude, I'm so excited for this. I'm leaving RIGHT after I finish my day of Day 1's exams. ^^

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I cheering for all you yoshis! Go show em what this little dino can do :D

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Is vex related to espy or something?

And i will also go to one this weekend, so ill try and post results if i remember

indigestible_wad

Smash Lord
Two yoshis beaten by t1mmy at mlg events? He lives in my region, and I've come close to beating him before. I'm almost there! I will avenge the yoshis! Eventually.. MX watch out for him at the showdown, I hear he might be staying for it.

MX778

Smash Journeyman
Two yoshis beaten by t1mmy at mlg events? He lives in my region, and I've come close to beating him before. I'm almost there! I will avenge the yoshis! Eventually.. MX watch out for him at the showdown, I hear he might be staying for it.
It's alright, I got him. Kirby is just a slower version of Meta Knight.
I don't have to be AS patient, but I do have a little practice with matchup from fighting between Y.b.M :)

D

Deleted member

Kirby is soooo easy.
Such an awful character.
Chu would **** me prolly, but yea, kirby is awful

MX778

Smash Journeyman
Kirby is soooo easy.
Such an awful character.
Chu would **** me prolly, but yea, kirby is awful
Eeeh Idk.
I think it would depend more on the playstyle of the person who is playing that character rather than just playing the character itself.

Just sayin'. ;)

D

Deleted member

There are 2 ways to play kirby. The only difference is that one of them is less gay, but you do all the same stuff.
If they try to hard camp you, yoshi eggs those angles, so it can be kinda difficult for them.
Timmy isnt all that good, i dont think he hard camps, but you just gotta be patient, egg when its safe, go for uairs, etc.

D

Deleted member

Haha i love fighting falco.
But uhh
Marth, pika, ICs are your best bets i think
ICs are kinda hard to play the matchup with if u dont play them already, just learn it with yoshi.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Kirby is really easy to camp. I used to get wrecked at the match-up, but then I stopped approaching. =3

Slightly on topic, I have a tourney this weekend. ^.^ Aiming for 2nd again, hope I don't choke, etc. I have a pretty big target on my back, but I'm pretty sure I play better that way. =3

:005:

MX778

Smash Journeyman
Kirby is really easy to camp. I used to get wrecked at the match-up, but then I stopped approaching. =3

Slightly on topic, I have a tourney this weekend. ^.^ Aiming for 2nd again, hope I don't choke, etc. I have a pretty big target on my back, but I'm pretty sure I play better that way. =3

:005:
Good luck mang! :)

Top Bottom