• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Tournament Results: End of an Era, A New Beginning? *updated August 19th

D

Deleted member

Yea but tech skill is fun, because certain parts of your brain are working harder, but helps seperate the people who actually put at least a little time into the game.

I just wish they could add l canceling or something, game is too easy.
Yes it's easier than brawl, brawl+ is lots of times brawl with guarenteed followups rather than intricate combos because SDI is so much less useful when it comes to changing your momentum.

Its fun sometimes
lets take this into social thread

TheOgbot

Smash Journeyman
lol this one was a long time ago.

Eau Claire Sucks at Smash (8/5/09)
13th out of 16 in Brackets, 13th out of 27 in Pools
Whitehall, WI

First out of state tourney lol.

Hopefully I'll be going to Angry Shinobi Circus. Any other Yoshi mains going?

If there's any consolation in my placing, I got 4th in Doubles lol

D

Deleted member

What happens when i do?
Tournament went slow as **** with only 6 brawl setups for 120+ people, so i didnt even play my pool.
Tomarrow tho, top 15 baby.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Results

1v1

1. Bundtcake $120
2. Breez $60
3. Firefly $20
4. Mash
5.TPain
5. Blue Yoshi
7. Ced
7. LFL
9. Karupin(sp?)
9. Ikool
9. Blunted Object
9. Jordpwn
13. Asa
13. HNG
13. Iconic
13. Marklar
17. Josh
17. Lib3r4t3
17. Dead
17. Brandon

2v2

1. This is Why (Breez Firefly)
2. Robo Geisha (Bundtcake LFL)
3. Fighting Mongooses (Iconic HNG)
4. El Duo De La Historia (Blunted Mash)
5. Come on Son (Ced TPain)
5. Blue Hadouken (Karoupin Blue Yoshi)
7. PK Nanners (Ikool Asa)
7. Ocular Penatration (Lib3r4t3 Jordpwn...i think....)
Komodo Brawl (01/16/10)
Abbotsford, BC
3rd of 20
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=257325&page=10

I couldn't figure out how to link to a specific post (even though I've done it before >.>), so I just linked to the page and quoted the post. I choked super-ultra-mega hard in loser's finals (the vids will be lulzy), and choked somewhat less hard in winner's finals. I won my first doubles event though, so that was pretty cool.

:005:

D

Deleted member

Good stuff firefly.
I did pretty good at my tournament, but i know i couldve done better.
I 12-0d my pool which included typh and warpstatus, a currently ranked ICs, and a formerly ranked ZSS. First time ive gotten 1st seed in a pool, and it wasn't an easy one either.

Then in brackets i lost to zex in a close set (#1 in norcal) and then i ***** some rob, then i lost to warpstatus in a last game last hit set, just like our pool matches except i made a mistake, and he got a dsmash to back air for the win. I could've won but i choked at the end =(. After that i wouldve played mojoe who i really wanted to get a shot at beating, because i dont lose to snake anymore ever.

Got 25th/100+, ill do much better next time once my pit is good enough to fall back on, and i hadnt practiced much before.
Gotta learn the MK matchup too, thats my downfall usually.

Airborne

Smash Lord
wow, stocky is back!
good stuff, man.
I'm hopefully going to be able to attend more tournies soon, since I'll be quitting Donatos once I can get a job tutoring on campus, potentially making my weekends feel a lot more at ease.

I'm falling into habits again, but only because my new sparring partner hasn't reminded me to use the opportunity for friendlies as a chance to work new things into my style, and to improve my tech skill.

Sharky

Smash Master
I got third in a 10 person mini tourney this weekend, which admittedly doesn't mean much, but I did have a lot of fun gaying 13370's ness out of doing anything to me. XD

.Marik

is a social misfit
I'm also working on not playing so aggressively, and using my understanding of the game to play more smart and defensive, reading situations and reacting properly.

That's all.

And Luigi *****. We'll see how these two fair for me in tournaments.

D

Deleted member

Winter Games Fest (1/16-17/10)
San Diego, California
25 out of 109 (so ive been told, results arent up)

Like i said, i 12-0d my pool which shocked everyone, and in brackets i lost only to ranked players, which, although i think i could have done better, is not really that bad.

I learned a lot though, and im ready to show all of you why yoshi isnt as bad as i once thought.
Top of low tier, nuggahs.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
San Diego, California

Like i said, i 12-0d my pool which shocked everyone, and in brackets i lost only to ranked players, which, although i think i could have done better, is not really that bad.

I learned a lot though, and im ready to show all of you why yoshi isnt as bad as i once thought.
Bottom of mid-tier, nuggahs.
Fix'd.

>.>
<.<

Er... goodnight! *zzz*

:069:

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
San Diego, California

Top of low tier, nuggahs.
I've been saying he was there/lower end of mid tier forever and all you've done is say I'm dumb. wtfffffffffffffffffffffffff.

Good job at the tournament. I'm hoping to get similar results February 13th. =]

D

Deleted member

I've been saying he was there/lower end of mid tier forever and all you've done is say I'm dumb. wtfffffffffffffffffffffffff.

Good job at the tournament. I'm hoping to get similar results February 13th. =]
Haha i actually have no idea where he should be.
I know he is worse than PT, ike, and maybe bowser.
I think the whole low tier is messed up to be honest, ness is a good character, falcon is pretty good as well (as far as low tiers go, not like in the grand scheme of things).
Zelda is lol.

i dont know where yoshi goes, but i think with a strong player he can place tops.
Just look at what X did with sonic, 4/109 at the same tournament i went to, outplacing players like Mike Haze, TKD, and tearbear with all sonic o_O
And yoshi isnt that much worse, im a good player, but i am not at the top level yet

Sharky

Smash Master
I've been saying bottom of mid tier for a long time now too. lol

oh, and I got 5/13 today, not too happy with it, ****ing tripping cost me at least two stocks and two kills in two games. >________>

hadesblade

Smash Lord
Teach me how to beat rob and pit and peach and marth and mk and snake without picking up a new character.

And should have videos next tourney... xD

Oh.

Smash Apprentice
Marth Rob Lucario vs Yoshi is so bad...I tried using Falco against them (40:60 is better than yoshis like 30:70)

Obviously the majority of the matchups pretty bad but I still feel ones that arent in our favor are winnable...we just have to work a lot harder to win and build damage by using mindgames and unsafe stuff vs. snake ftilting for 21% or top tiers doing 10-17% dmg throws

Airborne

Smash Lord
Marth Rob Lucario vs Yoshi is so bad...I tried using Falco against them (40:60 is better than yoshis like 30:70)

Obviously the majority of the matchups pretty bad but I still feel ones that arent in our favor are winnable...we just have to work a lot harder to win and build damage by using mindgames and unsafe stuff vs. snake ftilting for 21% or top tiers doing 10-17% dmg throws
ROFLL YOU SAID 70:30 MATCH UPS.

seriously, they're not bad, we just need to play completely different for just about every MU. Everyone is a mini game. ;D 65:35 at worst.

Sharky

Smash Master
I hate lucario, just saying. worse than anyone else IMO, then again I don't have much exp with him.

on the topic of falco, I started up on aib ladder today and keitaro randomly challenged me to a game lol. Pretty chill guy, I got two stocked high percent on sv and one stock mid percent on lylat, not bad for my first falco that was actually good lol.

Top Bottom