• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Tournament Results: End of an Era, A New Beginning? *updated August 19th

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Raising phoenix. (Jan 2nd, 2010)
Tempe, AZ
3rd out of 24
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=260445
^^^^^RIGHT

Wiegraf too good
January 2nd, 2010
Fort Lee, NJ
17/45
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=260546
^^^^^WRONG

Everyone stop copying how Mr.Delta post his results and everyone post them like Mr.Hades. Because MR.Hades is a lot smarter. Also I want this to be very pretty and everyone's results to be in the same format so it doesn't look dumb and unorganized. I changed everyones to the right format but I don't like too because I am a very lazy person.

Also I will most likely update it faster if I can just copy and Paste it under your name instead of waiting a few days after you post it. This time i did it right away but I am known not too :D

Silent Beast

Smash Journeyman
Edited to copy hades.

You can't be a true tourney Yoshi until lil b yells at you for posting your results in the wrong format. :laugh:

Silent Beast

Smash Journeyman
I've always posted mine in the correct format... :(

:069:
FALSE! Behold!

OK, here's another one:

A Winter Brawl (@ Gigabits Lan Center)
Orlando, Florida
http://www.mwarhead.com/Tournaments/Smash Brawl/2008/A Winter Brawl Singles.htm
17th out of 63 (I think? That's what I got from the brackets... @_@)
12/27/2008

If you guys are interested I can tell you what happened... >.>
Sorry newer guys for not updating the OP on Format so plz go back and look and change your format this is directed at Poltergust and Yikarur sorry guys fix so I can update you guys
So no worries, Polt, you're a true tourney Yoshi.

PRiDE

Smash Lord
I wrote on the Internet like a child back then.

Last edited:

PRiDE

Smash Lord
Block all, side step last hit up smash.. Block all side step less hit and egg toss. Works all the time. Yoshi's shield is good for doing this thanks to no shield poke. It forces the mk to run away ALL the time now.. Timing is tricky. But works. Kinda simple actually.

D

Deleted member

Its the same as other characters, its just harder to time, but easier to shield and unreliant on a fullshield.

.Marik

is a social misfit
I came 25th out of 52nd.

I'm done with vBrawl Yoshi. I played Brawl+, and in comparision, Brawl is complete crap. I'm still going to main Yoshi in Brawl+, because it's a lot more balanced, fun, and not nearly as gimmicky, campy, and gay, but I'm going Snake from now on for regular Brawl.

I still love you guys, though. I'm not good enough, doesn't mean you should give up. :yoshi:

Keep on ******.

But on a related note, I beasted everyone at Brawl+. Only lost two out of, say, 50 games. Dead serious.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Melee sucks, in my personal opinion compared to Brawl+.

It's my personal opinion, no use trying to change what I think. (Not directed at you, just people in general)

Brawl+, the newly updated version, is truly wonderful. You people should give it a try, Yoshi is a complete monster in this game.

He can combo, eggs have potential for setting up said combos, Dair can auto-cancel, Egg Rolling in the air gives you back a full jump, UpSmash *****, FSmash *****, Bair is really good and Yoshi has no problem killing!

Histun is pretty amazing. To me, Brawl+ is everything we love about Brawl, without everything we hate about Brawl.

I like your avatar, by the way.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Block all, side step last hit up smash.. Block all side step less hit and egg toss. Works all the time. Yoshi's shield is good for doing this thanks to no shield poke. It forces the mk to run away ALL the time now.. Timing is tricky. But works. Kinda simple actually.
I've been doing this for a while... You guys didn't know about it?

Darn, there goes me giving off useful info. :(

:069:

Metatitan

Smash Master
Melee sucks, in my personal opinion compared to Brawl+.

It's my personal opinion, no use trying to change what I think. (Not directed at you, just people in general)

Brawl+, the newly updated version, it truly wonderful. You people should give it a try, Yoshi is a complete monster in this game.

He can combo, eggs have potential for setting up said combos, Dair can auto-cancel, Egg Rolling in the air gives you back a full jump, UpSmash *****, FSmash *****, Bair is really good and Yoshi has no problem killing!

Histun is pretty amazing. To me, Brawl+ is everything we love about Brawl, without everything we hate about Brawl.

I like your avatar, by the way.
This.
It's all opinions in the long run, and while I disagree with yours I know you're stubborn enough where I can't change it (that and I simply don't care enough to want to change it).

And thank you, I like my avi too. Charmander is amazing (it's one of my top 5 favorite pokemon, the others being the other two Kanto starters, pikachu, and totodile). :)

This.
It's all opinions in the long run, and while I disagree with yours I know you're stubborn enough where I can't change it (that and I simply don't care enough to want to change it).

And thank you, I like my avi too. Charmander is amazing (it's one of my top 5 favorite pokemon, the others being the other two Kanto starters, pikachu, and totodile). :)
You have good taste <3. Charmander is indeed AMAZING.

Your lucky Marik, here in EU we're on version 4.1 xD, we're currently porting the codes over. I personally hate 4.1 so I hope your right about this newer version.

.Marik

is a social misfit
This.
We can agree to disagree, you know I respect you as a player.

I don't like auto-cancelling

makes technical skill irrelevant

I'll play 64 if I want hitstun, or Melee for that matter

Only Brawl hack i'll play is Brawl-
People don't seem to be understanding something.

Brawl+ is not Melee 2.0, nor is it programmed that for that purpose. Brawl+ just incorporates that fast-paced, fluid gameplay that made Melee such a fun and exciting game in the first place. Why do people associate "Melee" with "L-Cancelling" and "Wavedashing"? Melee never caught on solely because of AT's, but because the core mechanics allowed that to be possible, and it thoroughly changed and modified our 2004 understanding of Melee.

Histun allows combos, but the Smash64 community is practically non-existant, and the metagame is quite limited in comparision.

Brawl+ is the perfect balance between Melee fans and Brawl fans. It's much better than either game, to be perfectly frank because it incorporates the positive traits without the negative traits.

Please be aware you can modify the Buffer points to make it more like Brawl or Melee. So Brawl+ is a lot better, as I was saying before. Project M is adding more elements from Melee to a Brawl environment, but I personally like this newer, updated version.

Brawl- does sound interesting, to say the least.

Your lucky Marik, here in EU we're on version 4.1 xD, we're currently porting the codes over. I personally hate 4.1 so I hope your right about this newer version.
Haha, I forget the newer versions' name. NSAT or something, but it's very, very good. Much better than version 4.1.

Haha, I forget the newer versions' name. NSAT or something, but it's very, very good. Much better than version 4.1.
:O Good to know, well I think we only have a few characters left to do (Kirby, Lucario and PT iirc) so I should be able to try it pretty soon ;o.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
I'm sorry Marik but I'ma say it again

I (as in ME) don't like auto canceling

Auto-canceling aerials, in turn makes the game much much much much much much easier, where skill is not required much

Smarter and better players will still win in B+ but that doesn't change the fact that technical skill is not really demanded in B+. That's something you can't deny.

This'll prolly (and hopefully) be my last rebuttal on the topic of B+ since I don't really care about it. You can enjoy it for all you want and I hope you get really good (or better than you already are).

.Marik

is a social misfit
I'm sorry Marik but I'ma say it again

I (as in ME) don't like auto canceling

Auto-canceling aerials, in turn makes the game much much much much much much easier, where skill is not required much

Smarter and better players will still win in B+ but that doesn't change the fact that technical skill is not really demanded in B+. That's something you can't deny.

This'll prolly (and hopefully) be my last rebuttal on the topic of B+ since I don't really care about it. You can enjoy it for all you want and I hope you get really good (or better than you already are).
Well, I was just stating it for the general populace, not specifically you.

Smashers always seem to associate "Melee" with "L-Cancelling/Auto Cancelling" when that's not the prime reason it's such a good game for competitive use in the first place.

I'm not trying to force it down your throat, I just felt like saying.

I'm also still playing vBrawl, guys.

Top Bottom