• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Tournament Results: End of an Era, A New Beginning? *updated August 19th

D

Deleted member

Come on shurf. Im not sure if u didnt know or what, but ajax didnt hold that tourny. Hes from socal. That video is of the ajax from socal. There might be an ajax in ur city, but that isnt him. Come on now =P

I dont think it should be counted, honestly =/

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Come on shurf. Im not sure if u didnt know or what, but ajax didnt hold that tourny. Hes from socal. That video is of the ajax from socal. There might be an ajax in ur city, but that isnt him. Come on now =P

I dont think it should be counted, honestly =/
I thought so too

Ajax vs DSf gamersunizerse sounds like SoCal to me

shurf

Smash Cadet
wtf? *sigh*. Nvm, guys. Apparently there's 2 Ajaxs. I know there's one from socal but I cant tell who's who. Anyway guys forget mine. Once the NYC weeklies start again, I guess I'll start going there. Like I said, I desperately need to travel more. =P

Mmac

Smash Lord
Ok, We REALLY need to step it up on the completive scene. Yoshi is starting to slip in the rankings again :cry:.

Also, I'm going to try to go to a tournament on the mainland on the 13th

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Ok, We REALLY need to step it up on the completive scene. Yoshi is starting to slip in the rankings again :cry:.

Also, I'm going to try to go to a tournament on the mainland on the 13th
Don't complain when you don't even travel to any tourneys. So maybe you need to step it up.

PRiDE

Smash Lord
Yes it was. Also yeah there are not many of us who actually compete in in person tourns. Lilb, I CAN'T go to CH4 =(!!!! I have to teach the next day and I wouldn't get home till mad late. sigh. Biggest tourn of the year is on a Sunday!!! >_<

SOVAman

Smash Hero
lil'b, are you gonna be adding the utd tourney to my list? Alot of that earlier conversation was rather confusing lol
Np srry about that.

Yes it was. Also yeah there are not many of us who actually compete in in person tourns. Lilb, I CAN'T go to CH4 =(!!!! I have to teach the next day and I wouldn't get home till mad late. sigh. Biggest tourn of the year is on a Sunday!!! >_<
I can't make it for a few reasons either it sucks
1. too much ****ing money
2. School is staring that week
3. Too much ****ing money
4. I am broke.

Bwett

Smash Ace
Texas has been rather dry right now because of school starting and whatnot, but this weekend, I'll be attending the largest texas tournament to date, with over 100 people coming and 9/10 of the top players in texas. This is gonna be huge! lol

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: I skipped out on my last tournament.

The next one I have a chance to go to will be next weekend. Maybe I'll break top ten locally again, LOL.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
:yoshi: I skipped out on my last tournament.

The next one I have a chance to go to will be next weekend. Maybe I'll break top ten locally again, LOL.
I only broke top ten once lol

My last tourney I got 25 out of like 53 is that any good? (already posted it I thought I did good) but a lot of the top MD/VA smashers were there so it was pretty hard come 3rd and 4th round.

ArowYoshi

Smash Apprentice
Appalachian State University/ West Jefferson, NC
ALRIGHT!!!! this is what ive been waiting for, a tourney in my home town of little old west jefferson. ive already won two school tourneys (too small to register them) now lets see if i can pull off a county win in a week from now.
kinda bad timing though, my Wii is having trouble recognising Brawl now, no multiplayer only single, for some incredibly stupid reason. but ill wait untill after the tourney to send it to nintendo to fix it because i need to train, and i doubt i can get someones Wii for a short time.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
ALRIGHT!!!! this is what ive been waiting for, a tourney in my home town of little old west jefferson. ive already won two school tourneys (too small to register them) now lets see if i can pull off a county win in a week from now.
kinda bad timing though, my Wii is having trouble recognising Brawl now, no multiplayer only single, for some incredibly stupid reason. but ill wait untill after the tourney to send it to nintendo to fix it because i need to train, and i doubt i can get someones Wii for a short time.
Cool let me know how you place

Mmac

Smash Lord
While not really a tournament, I joined the ladder on AiB, so I'm going to represent Yoshi in the Cyberworld...... if that means anything to people at all

And i'm 4-2, 182th right now.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
While not really a tournament, I joined the ladder on AiB, so I'm going to represent Yoshi in the Cyberworld...... if that means anything to people at all

And i'm 4-2, 182th right now.
Not really a tournament.......Online means nothing lol

CYAN!

Smash Rookie
Not really a tournament.......Online means nothing lol
I have to dissagree, online though lagged at times dose mean quite a bit as if you were fighting right next to the person (with huge lag at times). A win = win, a loss = loss, anyway... good luck Mmac! hope ya do a good job there :D

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Can we drop this already? It's really silly.

It's Lil' B's thread. If he doesn't want to host online results, regardless of how justified he may or may not be, he doesn't have to. Let's drop this, please, and move on.

Mmac

Smash Lord
Well what else am I suppose to do? Tournaments are expensive as hell here.

5$ Entrance Fee, then 600$ to take a ferry there and back

You really think I want to spend 600$ Every Tournament just to increase Yoshi's Ranking by 10 Points?

D

Deleted member

Yer right. I dont really care if you post online tournies, just mark um as online.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
I just find it funny how he said it's fine to have online tourneys, then took it off randomly. Oh well.
I thought about and then I realized online doesn't really mean anything and it would take up to much space. I think it is possible to run out of space right?

Also some people said to take it off because of the first reason I wrote.

Also online has no entry fee, no regions, no prize money (right) and so that means no weight.

Lionheart9999

Smash Rookie
If you post the results in the format that is on the OP the I will look at it a see.
Oh, whoops.

Lionheart9999 (LionH)

Singles:

Joe Momma's Pizza + OKGamers tournament (6/14/08)
13th out of 56
Tulsa, OK

HxC Promo Tourney #2 (7/26/08)
7th out of 50
Oklahoma City, OK

Tokyo in Tulsa (8/1/08)
2nd out of 32
Tulsa, OK

Tokyo in Tulsa (8/3/08)
1st out of 12
Tulsa, OK

PTD Magazine FragFest (8/30/08)
3rd out of 16
Oklahoma City, OK

Doubles:

Tokyo in Tulsa (8/2/08)
1st out of 6 teams
Tulsa, OK

Mmac

Smash Lord
HxC Promo Tourney #2 (7/26/08)
7th out of 50
Oklahoma City, OK

Tokyo in Tulsa (8/1/08)
2nd out of 32
Tulsa, OK

PTD Magazine FragFest (8/30/08)
3rd out of 16
Oklahoma City, OK
You should post these at the Character Rankings Thread in the Tactical Board

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
I suppose i should post my results :)

All Singles, All Yoshi, All Furbs

HOBO 1 (Play N Trade Houston TX)
(4/5/08)
13th of 41(20 in bracket 41 in pools)

HOBO 2 (U of H Trash day Houston TX)
(4/12/08)
17th of 63

HOBO 4 (Planet Zero brawl Houston TX)
(5/3/08)
33rd of 81 (T-rex's snake ftl :( )

Race's -562- Brawl Garage Tourney III: 3rd Strike (Cerritos CA)
(7/12/08)
17th of 65

Aznforce V (Irvine CA)
(8/3/08)
17th of 56

HOBO 10 (Planet Zero Houston Tx)
(9/6/08)
25th of 118

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Wow, lots of people seem really consistent.

I guess an interesting question I have for everyone who has posted results here (online or otherwise, doesn't matter) is: which character or playstyle takes you out of tournaments the most often? It would be interesting to see what's stopping Yoshi from breaking up into consistent top tens. Just looking at these results means it's very possible to start ****** hardcore in the future, but there's something in the way, no?

Top Bottom