• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Tournament Results: End of an Era, A New Beginning? *updated August 19th

Vect0r

Smash Journeyman
Good

Also where do you live ????mid-west????

Edit: also European Yoshi's do you guys attend tournaments?
wow, somebody's talking about Europe o_o

I'm not a Yoshi mainer, but I never really attended a Brawl tournament.
And i'm from Europe :ohwell:

Shiri

Smash Chump
Hey, you played against Niko K? what do you think the Match-up on Peach is?
:yoshi: I still think Peach ***** Yoshi.

Niko was just out of it and I took special care to outspace his Peach. It was a very close match regardless and I quite literally barely won the last match.

then u can go to Buffalo tourneys right?
You...might want to look at British Columbia on a map, haha. ^_^

Thanks for all the props, guys. Let's keep it up!

SOVAman

Smash Hero
wow, somebody's talking about Europe o_o

I'm not a Yoshi mainer, but I never really attended a Brawl tournament.
And i'm from Europe :ohwell:
There is a lot of Euro Yoshis as I can see from the Euro Yoshi post a while ago so I was just wondering if there any good.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
My tourney did not go so great

C3 August Tournament Results (8-23-08)
13 out of 21
Ashburn VA

And I don't even want to talk abut my doubles match but good news teaming with Yoster next tourney I will let you know how that goes. And I have some vids against yoster in some dittos we will get those up soon.

pidgey14

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Redpidgey
I haven't even heard of one in not just near my area, or my country but all of the UK. Only one I heard was that failure of gamestation tourney (although I should have got that big tele if they didnt get me fighting a pikaspammer who imported >.<).

Yeah I'm a European Yoshi but I haven't even heard of one single tourney ever in all of UK and if I have, chances are, they would too far >.<

pidgey14

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Redpidgey
thx. I really wish to help Yoshi out. I find it annoying when people say to me, "enter tourneys," if there aren't any for me.

E.G.G.M.A.N.

Smash Journeyman
thx. I really wish to help Yoshi out. I find it annoying when people say to me, "enter tourneys," if there aren't any for me.
I guess you could always try making your own if there aren't any. If you're lucky you might even convert other smashers in the area.

PRiDE

Smash Lord
Eh My tourney did not go so well either!! lolol I lost to SONIC .. 4th time... And Olimar.... 5th time?

Terrabite - 8/23/06
Pompton Lakes, NJ
13th out of 46 (singles)
7th out of 18 (doubles) Teamed with ROT8 who used Game and Watch

pidgey14

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Redpidgey
I guess you could always try making your own if there aren't any. If you're lucky you might even convert other smashers in the area.
Well I don't want to incase no one attends. Plus I am very busy atm with housework, school (hopes to leave soon) and work. And I would need a lot of help on making an offline tourney.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Anyone been to any tournaments lately if so post them I don't want this thread to die and also I will make a hall of fame (maybe) soon for the really good results.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Going to a tournament tomorrow wish me luck I think I might actually place top 8 this time my Yoshi is better then ever.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Lil' B, as a member of Team Chicken Bacon Ranch, it is your sworn duty to plunder and destroy.

shurf

Smash Cadet
Well, I've only been to a single in-person tournament, but I won!

5 Corners Library Tournament
City: Jersey City, NJ
Singles
Tournament tag: shurf
Date: 8/9/08
Place: 1st out of 32
Cost for admission: Free
Prize: 300 Yu-Gi-Oh! cards (didn't even take them)

A win is a win I suppose. But the Smash community here sucks and half the players were scrubs. Still, it got pretty intense once the semifinals rolled in.

PRiDE

Smash Lord
Wait a sec. Where was this NJ tourn?! LOL ...... oh and omg Bwett way to go!

edit: wait a sec... Bwett.... HOW many of those matches did you actually use Yoshi in?! I do recall you telling me you switch to Falco every now and then..... ;)

DarkLeviathan89

Smash Lord
NJ's smash community does not suck that bad does it?
I don't think so. I've heard the New Jersey and New York area has a lot of great Smashers. Of course, I live in central NJ so maybe that has to do with it since the people I've faced seem pretty darn good.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
I will update now sorry I wasn't on for the last few days cuz of the tourney I went to yesterday I Don't know the results yet but I will post them when I find out.

Also Shruf: Your tourney had like no weight and you won Yugio cards what??

Bwett: tell the truth did you use Yoshi the whole time if not I can't really post it srry.

PRiDE

Smash Lord
I know for a fact he didn't! >_> Bwett how could you! It's Yoshi all day!!!

PRiDE

Smash Lord
No... wtf was that? lol. I don't want to doubt this person at all because I am not sure. I just really don't recall hearing about it at all and I am pretty aware of whats going on in Jersey Smash.. where was I that weekend?.. Ah Xesticle... in CT.. Well that would explain why no one good was there..

shurf

Smash Cadet
No guys, NJ's Smash community most certainly DOES NOT suck. But my city/county has players that are scattered everywhere and generally most of them are pretty secluded. We don't get smashfests or weekly tourneys here. Where I live, the Smash scene sucks, not NJ as a whole (plus I don't travel much, I don't know how good NY/other NJ players are).

Yeah, don't count my win. Its a really hollow victory since it was literally the most effortless thing in the world. I need to go to more places. -_- And nope, no big-time people went. This guy Ajax was the one organizing it but I don't think he's too famous. He's decent though.

I think this is him:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAsqJD_GMR8

PRiDE: It was in Jersey City which is up in northern NJ pretty close to New York. Since your from Central Jersey it really isn't worth the travel.

PRiDE

Smash Lord
Yo dudes, went to a tournament yesterday, although free, here ya go

UTD Brawl Tournament
Dallas, TX
5th out of 87

Bwett I am so confused. WHy did you post on the brawl character rankings this then?

DMRD1 Shuz Induction Tournament --8/30/08 --
http://www.smashboards.com/showthrea...175785&page=60
Entry Fee: $5
Entrants: 15
Texas

Results for Singles:
1: Infinity (MK)
2: D4ba (MK/Snake)
3: Fogo (DDD)
4: UTD Zac (G&W)
5: Forsaken (Pikachu)
5: Ice (Snake)
7: bwett (Yoshi)
7: Shuz (Wolf)

Bwett

Smash Ace
Bwett I am so confused. WHy did you post on the brawl character rankings this then?

DMRD1 Shuz Induction Tournament --8/30/08 --
http://www.smashboards.com/showthrea...175785&page=60
Entry Fee: $5
Entrants: 15
Texas

Results for Singles:
1: Infinity (MK)
2: D4ba (MK/Snake)
3: Fogo (DDD)
4: UTD Zac (G&W)
5: Forsaken (Pikachu)
5: Ice (Snake)