• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Tournament Results: End of an Era, A New Beginning? *updated August 19th

Mmac

Smash Lord
I still don't understand why people are choosing not to submit their results to the Character Ranking Results, and frankly, I'm starting to get pissed off. If everyone would have submitted their results, he would be easily in C Rank, prehaps B. Now, he's below Falcon, and again is being treated like crap (Again). What I don't want to hear from people is "I don't care", because I do. All I been doing is trying to make Yoshi respectful and actually have support. The only thing thats holding him back is Tournament Results, which you are CHOOSING him not to have.

I don't care if you don't care that Yoshi is Bottom Tier (And will probably remain that way at this rate), but frankly, I am very tired of people walking all over us just because the sole fact he's in Bottom Tier. I WAN'T People to respect him, and I can't possibly see why you don't want to...

Sharky

Smash Master
bleeeeh.

Bleeeeeehhhhh

By that I mean that I f'd up at the tourney. I killed myself 3 times in one match, to illustrate how bad it was. o.o Other than that, in my good matches I went toe to toe with guys that placed, so I'm alright with that. Not bad for my first tourney since may. lol

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Mmac, if people are giving you grief and asking for tournament results...

...just point them to this thread.

We want respect for our character, too, and we're working toward this goal almost every weekend. I'm not going to waste time or go out of my way, however, to try to convince blindly hypercritical children that my character is extremely viable and better than their piece of **** one trick ponies. I certainly cannot speak for everyone else, but is the showcasing of results not what this thread is for? E rank, D rank, Z rank, whatever the **** rank can suck on my big fat d*ck; that list is probably more meaningless than the SBR's failed tier list...it's only there to illustrate how dominant Meta Knight is.

Please don't mistake my tone for anger. However, if you want the results reported, feel free to report them. Don't get it twisted for one second, though...we all love Yoshi and are doing our best to better him by way of our results.

Also, Matt, how did you do? Kelvin said the Meta Knight only thing was a joke, so I didn't go. I was kinda upset to be honest. :_:

Airborne

Smash Lord
i clearly understand both sides of the arguement, mmac and shiri, but maybe we should relax for a while and play for fun more than competitively. i just want all the characters on the same level, but they all just have different playing styles... of course, that's not going to happen, but for now, let's just leave the seriousness with yoshi metagame to tournaments and expanded lengths of practice. And we's gotta posts them resultses!!!

Frown

poekmon
("Sakurai" means "The SSB staff")

1. Sakurai makes Melee.
2. Yoshi is crap.
3. Sakurai sees the Melee tier list.
4. Sakurai buffs Yoshi in Brawl.
5. People still think Yoshi is crap.
6. Sakurai sees the Brawl tier list.
7. Yoshi is broken in SSB4.

Airborne

Smash Lord
("Sakurai" means "The SSB staff")

1. Sakurai makes Melee.
2. Yoshi is crap.
3. Sakurai sees the Melee tier list.
4. Sakurai buffs Yoshi in Brawl.
5. People still think Yoshi is crap.
6. Sakurai sees the Brawl tier list.
7. Yoshi is broken in SSB4.
well, no.... new characters will be broken... ganon or c falc will be the new GW and yoshi willl be the new kirby/pikachu. XD

SOVAman

Smash Hero
No he meant it sucks that you dont have results. Lil B aint THAT mean XD

Good Job :lick:
thanks

I still don't understand why people are choosing not to submit their results to the Character Ranking Results, and frankly, I'm starting to get pissed off. If everyone would have submitted their results, he would be easily in C Rank, prehaps B. Now, he's below Falcon, and again is being treated like crap (Again). What I don't want to hear from people is "I don't care", because I do. All I been doing is trying to make Yoshi respectful and actually have support. The only thing thats holding him back is Tournament Results, which you are CHOOSING him not to have.

I don't care if you don't care that Yoshi is Bottom Tier (And will probably remain that way at this rate), but frankly, I am very tired of people walking all over us just because the sole fact he's in Bottom Tier. I WAN'T People to respect him, and I can't possibly see why you don't want to...
Honestly Mmac I don't give a **** bout rankings and **** like that its all bull **** anyways. So if you want to submit it for us go ahead cuz I am not wasting my time submitting it.

:yoshi: Mmac, if people are giving you grief and asking for tournament results...

...just point them to this thread.
that works too Mmac

D

Deleted member

We want respect for our character, too, and we're working toward this goal almost every weekend. I'm not going to waste time or go out of my way, however, to try to convince blindly hypercritical children that my character is extremely viable and better than their piece of **** one trick ponies. I certainly cannot speak for everyone else, but is the showcasing of results not what this thread is for? E rank, D rank, Z rank, whatever the **** rank can suck on my big fat d*ck; that list is probably more meaningless than the SBR's failed tier list...it's only there to illustrate how dominant Meta Knight is.

Please don't mistake my tone for anger. However, if you want the results reported, feel free to report them. Don't get it twisted for one second, though...we all love Yoshi and are doing our best to better him by way of our results.

I couldnt have put it better myself.

Mmac

Smash Lord
The only problem is that you guys don't submit the information here I need so that I can submit to the Rankings.

Sharky

Smash Master
Also, Matt, how did you do? Kelvin said the Meta Knight only thing was a joke, so I didn't go. I was kinda upset to be honest. :_:
in winners I had a couple of close losses to Jesiah, and sd'd the **** outta myself on my counterpick in losers, and lost to a diddy. >.>

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Boo @ losing to Jesse.

Oh well, it happens. Good stuff, though. SDs are for the lose, I know that from years of experience, LOL!

Sharky

Smash Master
Sad, but true. He beat Kirk, too, so I don't feel QUITE as bad. =P

EDIT: However, Jesse, I still got that awesome ledgespike on you in melee that left you confused for the next few minutes, so I think we're even. XD

Tidycats29

Smash Cadet
NNID
supadino007
Switch FC
4953-1106-1226
I think i'm blind

i kinda didn't see this thread
i've been to 3 tourneys
but i don't remember their names
and they were in spanish don't think you guys could read it lol
if i find the ad papers somewhere around here i guess i could post them

4th place
1st place and 6th place

anyway i'll post again with right format later

ArowYoshi

Smash Apprentice
Appalachian State University/ West Jefferson, NC
i was able to go to the App tourney this weekend but i didnt make it in time for the smash tourney which for some reason was melee, which i absolutely suck at, so im glad i didnt make it. but i played some freindlies afterward with brawl trying to get an actual tourney started because there was like three hours left, enough time to do a small tourney, but it never caught on. the next tourney will be brawl teams, so im not expecting much because im a horrible team mate.

but i was able to represent Yoshi another way with mariokart!!, in which i placed first.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
I think i'm blind

i kinda didn't see this thread
i've been to 3 tourneys
but i don't remember their names
and they were in spanish don't think you guys could read it lol
if i find the ad papers somewhere around here i guess i could post them

4th place
1st place and 6th place

anyway i'll post again with right format later
where do u live?

HOBO 12 --11/8/08
13th out of 60 something
Houston, TX
good **** I am updating now

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
HOBO 12 --11/8/08
13th out of 60 something
Houston, TX
Sorry Bwett, but I REALLY think it is necessary to let them know that you didn't go all Yoshi on this one. How many times did you have to counter-pick? I saw Falco once, so we really can't give Yoshi all the credit on this placing. This is the placing of a good player, not a good individual character.

Tidycats29

Smash Cadet
NNID
supadino007
Switch FC
4953-1106-1226
just because you used falco once means all credit doesn't go to yoshi?

i didn't know that

anyway
i only 1 tourney thingy i said i'll look for

Evento uni
Aguadilla, Puerto Rico
3rd out of 24
carr. 107

that right format?

Bwett

Smash Ace
Nah, it doesnt. Its if you use another character for a portion of matches that could be decided as significant to your placing. Since I only used it for one match and I lost that match anyways, it bears no relevance. =)

Tidycats29

Smash Cadet
NNID
supadino007
Switch FC
4953-1106-1226
O I C

but if you would've won with falco then it would matter?

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
Nah, it doesnt. Its if you use another character for a portion of matches that could be decided as significant to your placing. Since I only used it for one match and I lost that match anyways, it bears no relevance. =)
You lost to Kalo?! No way! J/k, he's perdy good. I thought you won :/ you're right, in this case it bears no relevance, so it's a good thing you didn't win cuz you are very important in getting the Yoshi it's well deserved rep.

Tidycats29

Smash Cadet
NNID
supadino007
Switch FC
4953-1106-1226
Thats a little old do have any more recent results
Umm yeah but i can't find ad papers to tell you the name
i had the other 2 early last month around so

so yeah sorry

if i find them i'll post them

Chaco

Never Logs In
Oh lawdy. I has brawl again, but I'm grounded and can't play.

I've ben scrapping and modding controllers.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
going to another tourney on Saturday yay and I am going to get lots of vids of finals and **** so maybe not me lulz

Bwett

Smash Ace
kinda like UTD tournament heh

u inspire me though. i should go to tourneys though i'd probably be using both Yoshi and Sheik
Wait...you were at the UTD tournament? Have you posted on the Dallas thread? Also, why havent you gone to any of our smashfests? Dang it, I need answers! If there is another Yoshi, I want to play him lol. I can teach you some tricks and probably same to you for me.

Chaco

Never Logs In
**** why can't any Yoshi live near me. €_€

Scat's at best..err, 3+ hrs. No tournaments either. Sad Chaco.

Top Bottom