• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Tournament Results: End of an Era, A New Beginning? *updated August 19th

D

Deleted member

He like floats above me and if i do anything i get punshed. I was told i gotta be more patient vs him, but its hardzz, bair is too good, and he would read my airdodges and spike.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
He like floats above me and if i do anything i get punshed. I was told i gotta be more patient vs him, but its hardzz, bair is too good, and he would read my airdodges and spike.
ooooo thats kinda of a different style kirby then the ones I am used to playing. If he likes to float above you then you can try some SH Nairs or just wait for him to use all his jumps and pivot grab him when he lands. Other then that idk what else to do.

D

Deleted member

Omg why wont hall post the freakin results =(

Uggg, being a yoshi main is so hard in a region with sooo many really good players(socal>MD/VA XD, besides ur top players). You have to consistantly outplay people, which is hard when there are players better than you+maining high tiers.
Dsf won C3 so take that lil bee XDDD

Airborne

Smash Lord
Omg why wont hall post the freakin results =(

Uggg, being a yoshi main is so hard in a region with sooo many really good players(socal>MD/VA XD, besides ur top players). You have to consistantly outplay people, which is hard when there are players better than you+maining high tiers.
Dsf won C3 so take that lil bee XDDD
we're sorry, burntsocks.... you're still one of our 5 heroes... XD

PRiDE

Smash Lord
wooooot. Just took second place in teams at the NYC weekly.... wtf? Yoshi/Snake-Falco FTW... beating Snakeee and Shadow while doing it, (new york's "best" team)

egg spam and stock holding ftw..

did horrible in singles however, NO THANKS to WOLF, SONIC, and DDD... AGAIN!!!!!!!! >_<

PRiDE

Smash Lord
I have been complaining about SONIC now for months. NJ is FILLED with them and it seems EVERY tournament I go to, I have to fight and lose to a Sonic. Lol, search nc1_pride "sonic".. It was even put on my hoody of johns..

bigman40

Smash Master
Oh, I remember you going on about Sonics when you made the hoody, but before that I couldn't recall seeing you yell about them. It's was mainly Wolf and DDD.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Good stuff to both of you, though.

PRiDE, Yoshi's stock holding in teams is amazing, isn't it? Half your job is like, not dying. If you have a partner that's willing to get madd KOs, then it works out quite nicely. :D

PRiDE

Smash Lord
:yoshi: Good stuff to both of you, though.

PRiDE, Yoshi's stock holding in teams is amazing, isn't it? Half your job is like, not dying. If you have a partner that's willing to get madd KOs, then it works out quite nicely. :D
It took us ONE loss (the very first set) to figure out this strategy. As soon as I hit 100% it was on to the edge I went. Edge canceled eggs until someone eventually killed me. It was amazing how long I kept 3 stocks going..

Bigman, yeah starting in the summer, I kept on losing to BLUE, then Malcom, then KAi, then Blue, now Malcom again.. sigh.. =(

PRiDE

Smash Lord
I just got 3rd out of 10 and second place in teams at a small nj tourn. lol. >_> Lost to DDD again..

SOVAman

Smash Hero
I only played doubles at chu's and I teamed with a sonic lol we didn't do that bad

But we lost to the GAYEST MK ever his name is doom or something like that.

PRiDE

Smash Lord
lololol doom is from NJ.. I didn't think he plays gay.. He beat me in teams once as well, and I also at that time was teamed with a Sonic lol.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
lololol doom is from NJ.. I didn't think he plays gay.. He beat me in teams once as well, and I also at that time was teamed with a Sonic lol.
Well he got really gay then because all he did was tornado no joke

it is like his finger was glued to the B button

pidgey14

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Redpidgey
well the european smash community are trying to pull themselves together due to lack of tourneys, which I hope that helps me for entering.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Updated the OP with a new regions section so you can see what other Yoshi Mains are in your region. (not like there is any lmao)

Also should i do power ranking or is that stupid because there are only like 10 tournament yoshi mains hahaha???

SOVAman

Smash Hero
If I was to do it I would do it by region but the problem is that some regions like the pacific west only have one yoshi main (sockz) so that doesn't work.

so therefore I would have to make it overall rankings.

So I am taking a vote from the tourney Yoshi mains wether or not I should do it so if I get 3 tournament Yoshi mains to vote yes they I wil start and post how I will do it and so on

so vote

and don't be scared to suggest anything I am open for suggestions on pretty much anything.

PRiDE

Smash Lord
yes. been finally waiting for someone to do this .. lol

Krooton

Smash Cadet

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Well its agreed.
okay good

yes, why not?
no reason why not

TOURNAMENT: SSBSCV's Triumphant Return to the Clubhouse
LINK: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=3169
DATE: November 2, 2008
LOCALE: Valencia, CA
PLACE: 9th out of 20 (Singles, In Person)
3rd out of 10 (Doubles, In Person)

TOURNAMENT: Palmdale Bi-Weeklies 2
LINK: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=2919
DATE: October 4, 2008
LOCALE: Palmdale, CA
PLACE: 17th out of 44 (Singles, In Person)
look at my format and retype

SOVAman

Smash Hero
I will copy and paste the power ranking submitting rules on the OP

Rules:
- must place at least 10th
- with at least 16 attendence
- only use yoshi in that tourney (be honest)
- same as singles requirements
- can't submit results over a month old
- use my Format
- YOU MUST have a link to the original results page so I can confirm how many people attended

You do not have to resubmit your results if I already have it

also keep submitting regular results too

The system I am going to use is

1st- 50 points
2nd- 45 points
3rd- 40 points
4th- 35 points
5th- 30 points
6th- 25 points
7th- 20 points
8th- 15 points
9th- 10 points
10th- 5 points

I will multiple that number by the amount of people that attended

I will round up from .5 or higher

Example: Lets say lil b gets 2nd out of 36 people then it would be 45 multiplied by .36 so that would be 16.2 which is rounded down to 16

D

Deleted member

Results were never posted, which is gay but w/e ill post myself even tho i dont know exactly how many entered(there were 32 teams and many people didnt enter teams so i can assume around 80):

Chula Vista XX 11/23/08
13 out of 80
Chula Vista, California

I didnt do as well as i hoped =(

I cant wait for PR =D

PRiDE

Smash Lord
well, I know this doesn't count for PR, but I wanted it on my list anyway...just cause I beat one of my arch rivals..

Gaming World (11/30/08)
3 out of 10
Denville, NJ

SOVAman

Smash Hero
it doesn't count but i will add it

also I am going to start the PRs with new results and I will update every time I get a result

sound good?

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Top Bottom