• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Tournament Results: End of an Era, A New Beginning? *updated August 19th

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
No, the Brawloween tournament was actually my second one. I've only attended two so far. I know I'm getting better with more tournament experience. The more I go, the less nervous I become. At my first tournament I was so nervous that my hands couldn't stop shaking. :laugh:

And I KNOW that it doesn't count for the PR. I just wanted to post my results up anyways because I forgot to do so before. :dizzy:

SOVAman

Smash Hero
I rarely play singles and when I do I get better and also play lots of friendlies and MMs and you will get sooo much better

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
...I know this is a bit nit-picky, but can you capitalize the first letter of my tag, please? =P

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Oh snapz, ranking battles are starting now?

I actually have to go back to tournaments, this sucks.

I will be attempting to do well from now on, it seems. I'm gunning for top Yosh, YEAYUHZ!

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
just because of the lack of yoshis, you may want to combine all regions lol

SOVAman

Smash Hero
:yoshi: Oh snapz, ranking battles are starting now?

I actually have to go back to tournaments, this sucks.

I will be attempting to do well from now on, it seems. I'm gunning for top Yosh, YEAYUHZ!
Now I have to actually play singles usually I only play doubles so dis kinda sucks

...I know this is a bit nit-picky, but can you capitalize the first letter of my tag, please? =P
fine

just because of the lack of yoshis, you may want to combine all regions lol
later maybee

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
so yeah, I'm going to a tournament at edreeses place tomorrow, and after that I'm going to west coast smash league

Wish me luck :)

I think i should go all yoshi at theseee

Edit: also is there any other way to earn points on the rankings? i usually only go to big tournaments (60+ people on average......stupid houston monthlies :p)

D

Deleted member

Furbs, this friday San diego is havin a weekly. You should go. =)
Ill prolly be there late so no doubles =(

SOVAman

Smash Hero
I am going to a tourney on Saturday at chu's so hopefully I place and get on the PR with some points.

and no furbs there is no other way to earn points

Notice to all: you must go ALL yoshi for it to count no exceptons like "oooohhh it was only one round and I lost anyways."

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: WOW WAY TO BLOW IT FOR EVERYONE BWETT

THERE GOES MY PICK META KNIGHT STRATEGY

This is gonna suck, I actually was going to pick Meta Knight for a good deal of my matches. >_>

Hmmm. <_<

Back to the drawing board. >__________>

Mmac

Smash Lord
Why can't anyone direct link to your post these days?

No to mention, anyone NOT using 40 posts per page should be shot

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Updated your points Bwett

I hope this doesn't make enemies in the community lol

The point MADNESS has begun ooohhh nooo!!!!!!!!!

D

Deleted member

Thats gay i use luigi now too, but i could easily do it all with yoshi.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Thats gay i use luigi now too, but i could easily do it all with yoshi.
If enough yoshi's start using secondaries then I will most likely just get rid of it

and Burnt UpB kill at 60% > Yoshi lol

do whateva you like for the money PR shouldn't stop you from trying harder to win

D

Deleted member

naww i use luigi cuz hes fun. I use yoshi vs good players most of the time. Just luigi cuz up b kills are satisfying and luigi has fun combos and ****.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Akuma is still gay in the new street fighter turbo HD and they made blanka better so I am semi-happy

random much?

PRiDE

Smash Lord
tournament tomorrow... god dammit, i better get out of this slump...

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: SHOW EM HOW WE DO SCATZ!

P.S. - Duuuuude, I just got back home yesterday. We should WiFi or something.

bigman40

Smash Master
Sure. I'm kinda pooped out from the tourney. But I at least got a ****load of recognition ;)

And beating Reflex in a $1 MM is hella hard (his PT and Wario are amazing).
Yoster's got a beast Yoshi ;) just need to change up those things I told ya at the tourney.

And last but not least, Fair is a beast move. That it all

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Scatz, that's... almost exactly the same as I placed in my first tournament. (At least I think I did, I couldn't find the results) o_O

SOVAman

Smash Hero
My tourney I was at screwed me over they didn't do singles instead they did draft crews which isn't bad but I need to get on the board with some points.

bigman40

Smash Master
Naw, it's not tourney experience that was lacking (I was doing really well throughout the tourney). It was my matchup experience, and knowledge of counterpicking that I failed at. I counter playing styles (which is what yoshi does best), so me not knowing alot of the character's matchups (more current ones) or not knowing which stages I need to ban made things harder than what I needed it to be.\

And some people just got plain lucky, thanks to PerfectShielding >:|

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Which stages/characters/techniques did you lose to, if you don't mind me asking?

Silent Beast

Smash Journeyman
It was my matchup experience, and knowledge of counterpicking that I failed at. I counter playing styles (which is what yoshi does best), so me not knowing alot of the character's matchups (more current ones) or not knowing which stages I need to ban made things harder than what I needed it to be.\
Well, couldn't that fall under "tourney experience?" Good job though.

bigman40

Smash Master
:yoshi: Which stages/characters/techniques did you lose to, if you don't mind me asking?
Lucario (On Halberd) just plain annoying to hit

Diddy (Smallville. I don't like that place anymore. Not enough space to not get stuck in those awful spots) Lost to nanner spamming

Metaknight (Battlefield) I should've won. All I needed was to grab, chew till I refreshed Usmash, then do the release to Usmash to win. That was fail on my part.

Well, couldn't that fall under "tourney experience?" Good job though.
Not really. Out of all my time I've played with my friends and online, I've learned a great deal about matchups and such. Tourney experience, IMO, is just being able to use it correctly to win during pressure moments.

PRiDE

Smash Lord
Bleh 13th/30... Lost to a falco and a fox..

On a good note, I 2-0ed two ddd's in a row!! I think I am finally understanding that match up.. Now if only I can get a handle on laser spam.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: GOOD SHEEZY ON DEDEDE SON LET EM KNOW WE'RE THE ONLY ONES ALLOWED TO EAT LIKE THAT

I'm assuming you used lots of eggs?

PRiDE

Smash Lord
A lot of eggs and I think I baired (spaced) every other move lolol. When I was getting way to campy I completely changed my game and got aggressive and then went back.. They didn't know what to do. I think I used about 4 moves total. Bair, eggs, up smash, and forward tilt.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Naw, it's not tourney experience that was lacking (I was doing really well throughout the tourney). It was my matchup experience, and knowledge of counterpicking that I failed at. I counter playing styles (which is what yoshi does best), so me not knowing alot of the character's matchups (more current ones) or not knowing which stages I need to ban made things harder than what I needed it to be.\

And some people just got plain lucky, thanks to PerfectShielding >:|
lol Lucky I didn't come then. I woulda had to resort to Marth.

And one day Scat, we will tear up a tourney with Yoshi doubles.

Top Bottom