• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Tournament Results: End of an Era, A New Beginning? *updated August 19th

JackieRabbit5

Smash Journeyman
Wait...you were at the UTD tournament? Have you posted on the Dallas thread? Also, why havent you gone to any of our smashfests? Dang it, I need answers! If there is another Yoshi, I want to play him lol. I can teach you some tricks and probably same to you for me.
yeah i just haven't really gotten into competitive smash until recently and unsure how to enter tourney scene i guess...i probably play mostly online

i was actually in the previous year's Melee UTD tourney too and surprised myself how far i got with only Yoshi...into semifinals but got beat badly then heh
but ya didn't get far in the last one b/c i hadn't had Brawl for long and b/c of an Olimar:bee:

i've already learned some things from ur vids:)

when r ur smashfests?

PRiDE

Smash Lord
King of the Couch (11/15/08)
7th out of 26 (16 with Swiss pooling before hand)
Edison, New Jersey

Woot.. Another point for Yoshi...

Also.. These tournaments are so hard for me to place anything higher than 7th when ALL of NJ's pro's are always present as WELL as M2K.. With m2k there, 1st place is automatically gone.

Also...

I hate to say this... but I think in order for me to have a chance at placing higher in tournaments I need to pick up another character for DDD, WOLF, Olimar,... I can't keep losing tournaments to these characters.. I don't have the patience for it anymore. The match ups require to much work to beat, are not fun, and you need to be playing almost flawlessly when fighting other pro players using them.

Now.. I will use Yoshi the whole tourn if I don't have to fight those chars, but if they come up I will be forced to switch.. I really need to start getting better rankings.. Sorry guys. *understands Bwett now...

D

Deleted member

aww dont CP for D3 man! Thats an easy matchup =)

Wolf i understand. IM using toon link and luigi as well now, today im gonna not use yoshi and only go TL and weegy.

PRiDE

Smash Lord
aww dont CP for D3 man! Thats an easy matchup =)
I don't know what scrub DDD players you've playing but if they know what they are doing and have patience the match up way to long and hard to win.

D

Deleted member

I don't know what scrub DDD players you've playing but if they know what they are doing and have patience the match up way to long and hard to win.
Umm DSF is a scrub??? News to me i guess. XD

No assumptions pl0x
Camp more =)

Bwett

Smash Ace
Yeah, it is really difficult if you are pushing for the rank. Right now, my problems lie in Wolf, Marth, and G&W. I'm thinking about picking up Marth just in case I can't beat anyone I fight in the first round with Yoshi. However, as it stands, its still all Yoshi =P.

Don't let pride get the better of you...Pride lol. If you want to win, if you get wrecked and you know its only because of the matchup, find another character. Don't be held back.

Heroplex Tournament
5th out of 15 entrants
11/15/08

D

Deleted member

Chula Vista XIX
11/16/08
3 out of 17

I did use luigi and toon link, but not for any important matches, and i could have easily won any that i used them for with yoshi, i just used them for the first 2 rounds and i used luigi in one round in losers finals which i lost.

I teared it up today =D

We also got 2nd in teams...out of 5
XD

And i got a cg to spike on a really good meta knight, it actually does work.

Airborne

Smash Lord
ok so..... i'll try this as best i can...

UK Tournament
25th out of 78 entrants
11/07/08
Lexington, KY

Oneness Tournament
12th out of 32 entrants
11/15/08
Lexington, KY

they might be a bit off, but they don't get worse. ;P
and overswarm was at the oneness tournament. he can bail for me XD

SOVAman

Smash Hero
King of the Couch (11/15/08)
7th out of 26 (16 with Swiss pooling before hand)
Edison, New Jersey

Woot.. Another point for Yoshi...

Also.. These tournaments are so hard for me to place anything higher than 7th when ALL of NJ's pro's are always present as WELL as M2K.. With m2k there, 1st place is automatically gone.

Also...

I hate to say this... but I think in order for me to have a chance at placing higher in tournaments I need to pick up another character for DDD, WOLF, Olimar,... I can't keep losing tournaments to these characters.. I don't have the patience for it anymore. The match ups require to much work to beat, are not fun, and you need to be playing almost flawlessly when fighting other pro players using them.

Now.. I will use Yoshi the whole tourn if I don't have to fight those chars, but if they come up I will be forced to switch.. I really need to start getting better rankings.. Sorry guys. *understands Bwett now...
Yeah, it is really difficult if you are pushing for the rank. Right now, my problems lie in Wolf, Marth, and G&W. I'm thinking about picking up Marth just in case I can't beat anyone I fight in the first round with Yoshi. However, as it stands, its still all Yoshi =P.

Don't let pride get the better of you...Pride lol. If you want to win, if you get wrecked and you know its only because of the matchup, find another character. Don't be held back.

Heroplex Tournament
5th out of 15 entrants
11/15/08
Chula Vista XIX
11/16/08
3 out of 17

I did use luigi and toon link, but not for any important matches, and i could have easily won any that i used them for with yoshi, i just used them for the first 2 rounds and i used luigi in one round in losers finals which i lost.

I teared it up today =D

We also got 2nd in teams...out of 5
XD

And i got a cg to spike on a really good meta knight, it actually does work.
ok so..... i'll try this as best i can...

UK Tournament
25th out of 78 entrants
11/07/08
Lexington, KY

Oneness Tournament
12th out of 32 entrants
11/15/08
Lexington, KY

they might be a bit off, but they don't get worse. ;P
and overswarm was at the oneness tournament. he can bail for me XD
HOLY ****ING **** WITH THE RESULTS

btw

I haven't posted my last to results because I went GaW one match and won the match lulz

also my problem match ups are

I am being completly honest here

SONIC WTF?????!??!?????!??!! there are two REALLY good Sonics here

ROB too many to handle here I can knock off a few but its hard **** his campy self and Nairs

Lucario and its not just Azens (u guys are thinking for realz) yes for realz there gay

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Also another quick update I got rid of doubles results cuz I need the space kinda and they don't mean **** honestly

except money

D

Deleted member

uhh
Dont throw out bairs randomly. Empty short hop sometimes to try and lure out a spin dash then pivot grab. Try to get up close and personal, dont let him play his spindash game.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Made a few Updates on the OP check em out if you want

also if I did not already say I got rid of the doubles section for now I MIGHT bring it back

pidgey14

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Redpidgey
because very few scottish smashers play brawl. Most of them is are into Melee and hate brawl. not enough brawlers for tourneys here :(

Talazala

Smash Journeyman
Well, I'm going to the Philadelphia VGXPO Brawl tournament.

Thing is, tournament's at 3:30, and my train gets there at 3:32.

BY GAWD I HOPE I DON'T MISS THIS BY 2 MINUTES. Even worse, trains can be late. I really, really, really, really, really hope I don't miss the time cut and get disqualifed.

Please tell me tournaments have a tendency to start late.

Do they have mercy for late contestants? I'm only gonna be lat by around 2 minutes.

*Prays to Gawd*

Wait, maybe I should give my soul to the devil.... That might work better.

Talazala

Smash Journeyman
Results are in from my tournament. And hey, I did alright!

Brawl tournament 1 at the VGXPO in Philadelphia.
November 21
6th place out of 30 something (I forgot how many exactly)

Costed me $15 to get into the VGXPO, and $10 to play in the tournament. Got to see very little gaming stuff, was mostly hanging around the tournament area.

I'm gonna compete again on Sunday, Same place, except it will be VGXPO Brawl tournament 3. Hopefully I won't fail. =D

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Results are in from my tournament. And hey, I did alright!

Brawl tournament 1 at the VGXPO in Philadelphia.
November 21
6th place out of 30 something (I forgot how many exactly)

Costed me $15 to get into the VGXPO, and $10 to play in the tournament. Got to see very little gaming stuff, was mostly hanging around the tournament area.

I'm gonna compete again on Sunday, Same place, except it will be VGXPO Brawl tournament 3. Hopefully I won't fail. =D
My format or I won't post and I need a date

15$ venue fee that is horrible sucks for u

PRiDE

Smash Lord
Ughhhhhh.. Sorry guys not a good weekend for me! >_<

Sigh, I had no problems, beating the meta knight, the rob, and the snake, but I lose to the Pit and the mother ****ing god **** WOLF!!!!!!!!!!! >_> Pit loss was a lucky 4 percent gimp (angel ring air puff blew my jump back and missed the ledge..) sigh

Oh well, next week at Chu's maybe better results..

Airborne

Smash Lord

Sigh, I had no problems, beating the meta knight, the rob, and the snake, but I lose to the Pit and the mother ****ing god **** WOLF!!!!!!!!!!! >_> Pit loss was a lucky 4 percent gimp (angel ring air puff blew my jump back and missed the ledge..) sigh

it's ok pride... we still love you.... and worship you >.>.....

SOVAman

Smash Hero

Ur going to chu's?????

good now I can finally play u in some yoshi dittos

D

Deleted member

I dont have the full results, but i got 13th out of around 80 yesterday =)

Kirby matchup is too hardziez.

Top Bottom