• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Interview Thread! Round 15 Voting is Here... Still!

bigman40

Smash Master
I just don't want to be on there. I know a lot cause I've experienced it or done testing on it. I'm not a consistent player to be placed on there in the first place, and to this day, it still affects me. I'm, more or less, a player that has good moments, but can never finish strong.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
You're too hard on yourself, Scatz. Everyone can improve. ^_^

EDIT: In any case, I'm going to sleep now. Wish me luck in DC, everyone!

:069:

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
Just wait until I get all the character MU experience I need and I'll be up there with you Polt. I still to this day have NEVER played against a Luigi or Wolf main... EVER.

Anyway, how much money would you say you've won in tournaments?

Also, how many have you placed first in in regular singles?

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Good stuff Polt.

I saw that you teamed with GDX. Was teaming with him easy since you teamed with DFEAR alot before or did you have to adjust a lot to his playstyle?

Also, did you pull off any balanced breakfast combos LOL?

D

Deleted member

Polt and GDX did really well i think, i know they beat bizkit and BC (who beat tearbear and kadaj, who got 4th lol)

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
What makes you say that?

Are you aware that I'm probably the best Yoshi at the match up, and I play it against who is most likely the best Wolf at the match up?
Because it's Wolf. :laugh:

Now, I may be suffering from "unfamiliar match-up" syndrome, but from what I've played Wolf shuts down Yoshi hard. Maybe I should have played more against Seagull Man at MLG, but I guess I'll just have to do that at another time.

Just wait until I get all the character MU experience I need and I'll be up there with you Polt. I still to this day have NEVER played against a Luigi or Wolf main... EVER.

Anyway, how much money would you say you've won in tournaments?

Also, how many have you placed first in in regular singles?
1. Hm... Roughly 200$, perhaps? This is not counting MMs (although I pretty much break even in those). It's not a lot considering the amount of tournaments I've been to, but I live in hard regions.

2. Once. I won about $120 from that tournament.

It's in number-of-meatriders order.

Where does "Blood God" come from?
It may have come from that tournament I won. The guy I was fighting in grand finals had a massive hand cramp during one of the matches, and I guess people started joking that I was making the blood in his hand contort or something.

It's a stupid name. As mentioned earlier, I'm hemophobic. I can't stand blood at all. =/

how did u beat dsf? was it seibriks or redhalberds fault?
It was DSF's. :laugh:

Good answer. Even then though, I still think I'm too high. I haven't really performed in that regard at all lately...

But yes, I want to hear more about how you vs. DSF went.

:008:
The matches got recorded by MVD, actually (and even includes crown reaction). You'll see them soon enough. :)

do you think dsf knew the mu at all
No idea, but I don't think it should take anything away from my win if he didn't though.

Good stuff Polt.

I saw that you teamed with GDX. Was teaming with him easy since you teamed with DFEAR alot before or did you have to adjust a lot to his playstyle?

Also, did you pull off any balanced breakfast combos LOL?
1. We worked really well together. Our highlight as at team was beating Bizkit and Bloodcross (one of them got really angry after the match, although I'm not sure who since I don't know what thet look like lol).

2. Yeah, some grab-releases and banana shenanigans. He was really good at linking f-airs with my moves, too.

How much larger is your ego now?

How bad is the lag?
1. +30 ego points.

2. I didn't really notice it. 1 or 2 frame lag doesn't really make a difference in the long run.

Polt and GDX did really well i think, i know they beat bizkit and BC (who beat tearbear and kadaj, who got 4th lol)
Honestly, we were lucky the 3rd match. I managed to spike Bloodcross at like 60% (which he didn't bother jumping out of for some strange reason). After that he got frustrated and play more aggressively allowing us to do harder punishes.

They were also not so good at dodging my u-airs lol.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Best Disney movie ever?

Best Disney love song ever?

Is mikeHAZE Mr. R?

How amazing is Bowser's jab > fsmash?

What would you do if Detective Conan got canceled?

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Best Disney movie ever?

Best Disney love song ever?

Is mikeHAZE Mr. R?

How amazing is Bowser's jab > fsmash?

What would you do if Detective Conan got canceled?
1. Tough decision... probably Mulan. I think that's the movie I've watched the most.

2. A Whole New World (Bored is going to hate me XD).

3. That's what everyone says. :laugh:

4. It's too good... on people with bad spot-dodges. Thankfully it doesn't work on Yoshi. :awesome:

5. Leave now. Don't speak such blasphemy.

Who did DSF use?
And did you chaingrab him? (Ignore this question if the character he used wasn't chaingrabable.)
1. MK both matches. They should be on Youtube soon.

2. Of course (when I could). I messed up a few times due to nervousness, though.

That reminds me... I don't think that Yoshi's shield-grab is super-terrible anymore. It's still pretty bad, but I think it actually has some use to it. I managed to land my shield-grab a lot during MLG, so...

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
I can't go to MLG Dallas =( I have work on Friday and my boss won't let me off, and since the bracket starts on Friday, I can't make it. *sadness*

Polt, will you get top 8 for me since I can't go?

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I may be there, if I do make it, I call 10 mins 1 on 1 time to learn from the blood god.

Is that fine with you?

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I may be there, if I do make it, I call 10 mins 1 on 1 time to learn from the blood god.

Is that fine with you?
OK, but I'm not doing Yoshi dittos. I always use Sheik/Zelda on Yoshi.

Oh, NOW the oblivious ones catch on.
:laugh:

Like I said, it's still bad, but at least it's usable (unlike Egg Roll). I see NickRiddle land his grabs on people multiple times and I did the same as Yoshi. I was surprised at how often it worked.

Airborne

Smash Lord
Nah, Eggroll still has its uses, they're just far more situational than shield/standing grab. Shield grab works on any move that has at least -17 frame advantage when hitting a shield (i.e. Pretty sure marth's last couple hits of DB do.)

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
I love shieldgrabbing dancing blade =D

YOSH nooooooooooo!! I wanted to see you **** face at MLG =(
I love shield grabbing that move too, heh.

Also, I know =( I'm not happy about it. I was psyching myself up for it so much and then the guy going with me just told me to check the schedule for it, and when I saw stuff happened Friday afternoon, I asked my boss and he said that 3 people are already off that day so he couldn't let me take off.

All of the Yoshis should go to Genesis 2 though. Genesis 1 was awesome, and after all the experience I've gotten since then, I have high hopes for Genesis 2.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I've got one.

Have you ever gotten curious enough to drink vinegar?
Even a little sip counts.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Of course not. Who would be dumb enough to do that? It's like taking a spoonful of cinnamon.

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
What's your major gonna be in college Polt? Cause if you don't know yet, you should totally be a physics major *shameless marketing since I have my physics degree*

Top Bottom