• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi General Discussion Thread!!

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: I am in Georgia until someone pays me to move somewhere else.

Come play me, please. :D

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
Yoooooo Omg If i can your there by the summer. Or i get enough money before break. Im definetly playing you. THis is freaking awwsome.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: I am in ATL right now, sir. You have plenty of time, LOL. No rush.

yoshiiscool

Smash Journeyman
SHIIIRIIIIIII we're only 4 hours away now if you're in Atlanta. Why didn't you say anything earlier when I told you I was going to college in TN? xD Feel free to come get Yoshinated like Bloshi did last weekend, mwahahahaha!!! (I hate/suck at Yoshi dittos actually T.T)

Winnar

Smash Lord
Wait why are so many yoshi players in south US?

Seriously this is a large percentage of yoshi players

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
OMG All 90% of all serious yoshis have gathered in the south. Lol all we need now is for fumi, to move to florida

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: All the good players are in ATL South for some reason now.

Or something.

And Yoshido, relax, I'll be here for a while.

And Moo, I didn't say anything about GA because I don't forsee you coming to ATL in the near future and f*ck me driving to Tennessee, LOL!

Yoshi

Smash Lord
Am I like the only Canadian Yoshi user here or something? I feel so alone lol.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Well, if you're not doing anything in March, come down for Final Round XIII.

That's all I got until I start running my own tournaments, LOL. GA Brawl scene is pretty clutch, the Melee scene is...not so much, though.

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
what final round is in march. I could have sworn it was in the summer time cause i went to the one last year. It was alot of fun. Learnt alot from doggy. Got to c Ga wes there. Lol my friends and i got destroyed in Guilty gear.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: I am gonna get blasted hardcore if they still have Guilty Gear there.

I am hoping to do some damage in SF4, but I haven't played in a while and really need to practice badly.

I would like to also get more Blaz training, but WOW I just never seem to find time to play that game.

Winnar

Smash Lord

I am hoping to do some damage in SF4, but I haven't played in a while and really need to practice badly.

I would like to also get more Blaz training, but WOW I just never seem to find time to play that game.
Shiri you have PLENTY of melee smash scene in GA wtf

SleepyK, for one, and he can match you up with anyone near you because he's just that awesome.

Also you play BB? :O!! We should play sometime.

Also sorry Yoshi (the user) <3 your username though

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
Oh . Yall play BlazeBlue too. Who do yall play? Its alot of fun. I main Nu in that one. In guilty Gear AC, I main Venom. lol this semester I've been kinda out of training because I've had to play on different controllers. All they had by me was arcade pad, and xbox 360 controllers. Neither is like Ps3 controller lol.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Arcade pad's not bad, 360 controller is kind of stupid, least on the dpad.

I main hakumen because I am a glutton for punishment or something.

We ought to all play sometime this week :O!!

I have it for 360 << Gamertag - Winnar G

Bloshi

Smash Ace
There are two things I don't like about traditional fighters:
1. Having to memorize button input for all the moves.
2. They don't have Yoshi in them.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: You guys clearly never played Super Mario World 2. >:D

Yoshi was top f*cking tier in that game.

Winnar, there are plenty of people that play Melee in GA, but that doesn't necessarily speak of the community any. I'm going to be watching from the sidelines for the next few months because I feel that I may have judged them too harshly over the past few years, but overall I enjoy their Brawl community much more.

Yoshido, I play Haku-men and Litchi in Blaz and I play mostly Bridget in AC.

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
Lol true bloshi. His car is top tier though mario go cart ds.

And true winnar arcade pad isn't that bad. But its differnt. I haven't master the complete controll system

Nogzor'z

Smash Journeyman
I feel all alone as a serious yoshi from AZ :(

As a side note... who here went to Mango Juice? Or was I the only Yoshi there?
(Too bad i didn't even make it out of the pool'z)

Winnar

Smash Lord
:yoshi: You guys clearly never played Super Mario World 2. >:D

Yoshi was top f*cking tier in that game.

Winnar, there are plenty of people that play Melee in GA, but that doesn't necessarily speak of the community any. I'm going to be watching from the sidelines for the next few months because I feel that I may have judged them too harshly over the past few years, but overall I enjoy their Brawl community much more.

Yoshido, I play Haku-men and Litchi in Blaz and I play mostly Bridget in AC.
Oh, yeah actually I know what you mean.

But don't let that stop you :O!! SleepyK is seriously the nicest guy in the smash scene hands down (from personal experience). Start by talking to that dude and let him introduce you to guys. I hear they're all a lot cooler IRL

Also yeah GA brawl scene is awesome, biglou, calvin, you, etc. Pretty cool imo

Edit - Also boss and chudat are so cool too but they are in VA sooooo :O

Also also that makes two players who both play hakumen and yoshi...conspiracy?

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: No conspiracy.

We just like fat characters who hit really hard.

To be real honest, the only reasons I play Litchi are to spam really long combos and because she reminds me slightly of Bridget. I find Haku-men entirely too enjoyable just on his basic merits.

Yoshi

Smash Lord
Sorry to burst your bubble, but I'm a guy, and just lucked out on the user name =P

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
I MMed Pakman for a dollar with Sheik against his Yoshi. I wasn't allowed to chain grab.

Yoshi is surprisingly annoying.
.... duh? XD

I mean, when a character can straight up jump through some of your best attacks, completely change the direction of his jump arc, and net a clean 20+ damage from one move AND THEN COMBO FROM IT, he tends to be considered dumb. XD

.Marik

is a social misfit
I MMed Pakman for a dollar with Sheik against his Yoshi. I wasn't allowed to chain grab.

Yoshi is surprisingly annoying.
Annoying? Yes.

Tricky when played in an unique and skilled way? Yes.

Easy to gimp and no OoS options? Unfortunately, yes.

Yoshi is mad fun in Melee, but he gets gayed hard at times.

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
Annoying? Yes.

lol word. But thats what makes Yoshi, Yoshi. Maybe in smash 4. they will make like a melee 3.0 with more characters but similar physics. And give yoshi the ability to jump from his sheild without having to break the game.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
.... duh? XD

I mean, when a character can straight up jump through some of your best attacks, completely change the direction of his jump arc, and net a clean 20+ damage from one move AND THEN COMBO FROM IT, he tends to be considered dumb. XD

Oh Dogy :laugh:

I truly believe you could make any character sound good.

Annoying? Yes.

This, basically.

I felt like I lost a lot of my options. Then I realized I still had "run away" and "shield a lot". And I still had my trusty grab-them-out-of-the-air-because-I'm-Sheik maneuver handy.

Yoshi didn't know what hit him.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
-Reads through the thread-
:yoshi: I am in Georgia until someone pays me to move somewhere else.

Come play me, please. :D
~~!

^_^
:yoshi: I am in ATL right now, sir. You have plenty of time, LOL. No rush.
.... :(
what final round is in march. I could have sworn it was in the summer time cause i went to the one last year. It was alot of fun. Learnt alot from doggy. Got to c Ga wes there. Lol my friends and i got destroyed in Guilty gear.
^_^

..... oh wait a sec I read all this last time I was in here wtf. XD

__

But yeah, there's not a huge GG scene in GA, but there is one. Dunno how big it is around ATL. I know Marty (GA Peach) would still be game for it, but he lives in Kennasaw. BB is pretty much the same. There are some people and around GA Tech that play it, I dunno about much else.

SF4? Yeah, You can find plenty of people for it. Hell, if you have it on 360 and XBL, I'd play some games with you myself. Other than that, You're pretty much lookin to go to waba or head to an east point gathering.

____

Oh Dogy :laugh:

I truly believe you could make any character sound good.
That's what I get paid to do, man. ^_^

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: I wanted to go to WABA last weekend, but I had obligations I wasn't expecting.

I need to get out there one Sunday.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
I need to get up there myself. It's kinda lonely down here. :|

Nothing happens, tumble weeds roll by, etc etc. I thought about takin some pictures of me standing in cotton fields so I can just prove a point.

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
I was inspired by Mind Trick's video to pick up Yoshi...Well I love 'em. There's so much about him that I was looking for in a character. Cept for the slow shield I like everything about him. Why is he low tier?

Questions!
I'm still very new to yoshi-about 6 or so hours of play :) - Im not sure what moves to do and when.
1) judging by the guide the dtilt is pretty much the bread and butter, is it usable against all characters?
2)I play against a very good cfalcon a lot. The guide suggested bair, which i used, but i dont uderstand how it can set up for a uair??
3) I also play aginst a good marth, well im at a loss in that fight... i can DJCC thru his combos and such but i dont know what to do to set him up for a kill.
4)Is SHFFLing useful with yoshi? or is the DJC just better in general?

Top Bottom