• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

York University Smash - No longer on strike, due to werewolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
i have to call in work @ 4 to see if they want me to come in(god i ****ing hate my job) if i dont work ill try and come

idea

Smash Master
mmmebbe. i'm up for it if any of the other melee regulars are.

looks like my last wednesday class ends at 6:30. so depending on whether or not i'm hungry after that, i could get there for around 7:00.

nickcam

Smash Ace
You'd GO train it for a casual? Dayum, dedication, lol. Yo Nick, where did you decide to go for school? I thought you said you were considering York.
I'm going to ryerson and theres a train from union to the york university go station so i could just catch that. Only thing is it seems complicated to get from that go station to founders lol

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Tin Man
JustNoOne
Kryptic
Rikana
Gichan (if Joe comes)
Nickcam (if sauga comes with a car and if enough people show up)

I am bringing a Wii with reg brawl and brawl plus. Joe get ur A55 over here

Gichan

Smash Champion
Okay, for brawl it seems it will only be Tinny, Carter, Jack, JNO, hopefully Joe, and myself. No point in trying to convince Ambrose unless he has class till a certain time on Wednesday.

idea

Smash Master
i'll be stopping by tomorrow and bringing a gamecube. i won't necessarily be staying too long, though. guess it depends who else goes.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
Yeah yeah I'll be there by 6 or 6:30... I just hope I don't get homework on the second day of school >.>

Rikana

Smash Champion
Tin Man
JustNoOne
Kryptic
Rikana
Gichan (if Joe comes)
Nickcam (if sauga comes with a car and if enough people show up)

I am bringing a Wii with reg brawl and brawl plus. Joe get ur A55 over here
Why's my name there?

Anyone wanna consider moving or having an additional smashday @ yorkU? I miss playing smash but I can't play if its gonna be hosted on Wednesdays.

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
I will not be coming for a while, school is serious buisness.

3 pages of math and 2 pages of english, not a very heavy workload but for the second day....

EDUCATION WINS...... FATALITY!! :urg:

Kryptic

Smash Cadet
I wasnt able to go this wednesday because i got off at 11:30 and i didnt know that my later lab session is only held on certain days, today not being one of them, so i decided i didnt want to wait 7 hours..but next wednesday looks more promising. Its okay though anyways because i needed to get some school things in order, silverdoc is right, school is super serial business.

Percon

Smash Lord
I wont be going either, sorry guys but I have 2 get some papers and s hit done for university (not work papers, registration papers and I dont wanna get kicked out last minute). Payments and course registration and s hit like that. At least I got percon here with me, I play him a lot now :D in person.

Edit: this is Tin Man (gonna sneak a peak at the SBR now :p)

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
Ewww you got suspended =P

I decided not to come since really... family johns. Oh well.

Gichan

Smash Champion
****ing balls man, i guess this was my punishment for not going last time. I waited 45 mins before I realized no one is coming and I'm super saiyan nerding that ****. Man I was pissed, BUT the day wasn't totally useless, after sitting there for a long time I saw that the place is too packed before 7, but at like 7:10 there are free classrooms and the place isn't so busy. Soooo, for people like JNO who like to be there early, don't bother, 7pm, no sooner.

Either way, first day of school was ****ing boring as hell, I'm pretty disappointed in my classes. Best thing of the day was finally going to the York gym and man was I surprised. I didn't expect it to be good but it is nice and spacious and the employees are always willing to help out. At the other gym, those ****ing personal trainers won't give you more than like 5 mins of your time. the guy completely went through the deadlift with me, the first time I experienced help like that at a gym.

idea

Smash Master
GI, it's not always that busy. this was the first day of classes. people will skip tutorials more and more as the year goes on =P

idea

Smash Master
i'll be going every week from now on, since i'll already be at york, and i'll get there around 6:30-7:00 unless class lets out early. and i'll always bring a cube.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
I think I can catch a go bus from UOIT to the york U bus loop, if that's where I think it is then I can just walk to founders, and therefore, I can make it next week.

RestInPeace

Smash Ace
BlurR! :D Finally found them xD

Anyways, I'm still trying to get to play you guys. Are any of you guys free weekends? I can do weekends for sure.

idea

Smash Master
I'll try to bring the VCR back if more people come. I don't know what we can do about TVs, I'm sure Idea, would love to bring one.
nah, when i first started smashing i asked if i could bring a tv to something, and my mom adamantly refused. the thing is, she so rarely refuses me anything like that, so i know she has a good reason. that reason is probably "i don't want my son carrying around a valuable tv on public transit"...and that's completely fair, i wouldn't be able to defend myself if someone tried to mug me :laugh:

so in short, no. but i always bring a cube + melee.

oh, and i'm generally free on weekends. but the gta thread and this are not the same group of people, they just overlap a little, so it's better to post about stuff in the gta thread. that's where the most relevant people are gathered, which is why i keep mentioning it =P

So it's founder's college room 104, starting at 5:30?
nah, it's never the same room, just walk around that area and listen for smash bros music. or a room with a few people playing video games.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
kk I'll show up

Also to anyone that went to the weekly on the last week of August... If you saw a case full of Wii games and SSBM... that's mines... may you come and return it to me please?

Gichan

Smash Champion
On second thought, I won't be going this week. Gonna help paint the apartment this week and it is a long nd hard process. Sorry homes.

And JNO, you might get ***** by life. I hope teh homie is nice enough to give it back, good luck to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom