• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

YGD - As the snow melts, the mighty Dinosaur rises once more!

Best Yoshi Attack

• Total voters

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
If were counting singles and doubles I've won 3 and made money at like 3 more. I'm still a major pot monster though because I'm down a lot of money :p this is what we get for maining Yoshi

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Im a total pot monster, but then i get most of my money back from playstation allstars because nobody plays it and im apparently good at convincing people to enter it lol

Last edited:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Indeed, i am none other than Lofn, the Norse Goddess of ilicit unions, kneel before my comforting bussom.

Depster

Smash Champion
So I took this girl to a banquet Tuesday. She told me she grew up playing Smash and Mario Kart and was super hype when Brawl came out. I may have found a keeper.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
WHOBO hasn't been as big since WHOBO 2 or 3. And upon just clicking any random tournaments in Tournament Results that had PM Melee and Brawl or Brawl and the other. Brawl didn't have the most entrants.
to be fair, whobo 4 and 5 were MK banned. i basically told 1/3 of all brawl players that i am banning their main. lower turnout was expected. i do still hold the record for largest MK banned event of all time.

Last edited:

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Even more horrific when you ban MK and get a lower turnout.
Goes to show the great community :^)

Ooooh we all know MK mains legit are just there too make money. Ha!
I hope the next game is balanced. Even if there is SOME imbalance, atleast it won't be as mindless as MK is. Brain dead character that does everything better then everyone else. Guh.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Who is that literal who MK?
Why is MX playing infinitely slower than usual?
Why wasn't the actual match, Tech chase vs MX, streamed instead of this 18 minute fest of tag?
Why did MX miss literally a million kill opportunities when this MK clearly didn't adapt to obvious b reversals and Slope shenanigan attempts?
Why am I awake at 5 AM posting on snoreboreds?

Scatz

Smash Champion
Don't worry about Slush. He gets crazier when he doesn't get his sleep.

Still, that MK did not adapt nearly at all. I've already watched all the current matches, and when I get free time, I will wreck every piece of fiber in his being for the reckless stuff MX did.

Last edited:

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
Just thought he had a lot of cool mix-ups, smart decisions and tech skill stuff going thats all.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Most of his tech skills was actually pulling DR off, which was just making it look fancy. Think there was only one instance where it kept him from getting damage, which was just a fair at low %. Otherwise B-reversals put him in bad situations cause he faced the wrong way or fair just outranged him, threw him offstage twice I believe where my heart honestly skipped a beat cause he was offstage with no double jump and even if he could've egg tossed back both occasions I expected him to wavebounce it.

Also also, he got 17th place. Curse will never end, will it continue for Smash 4 I wonder...

Scatz

Smash Champion
What's funny is that I've started my career at 13th place. I've gotten over that hump about a total of 5+ times. My first OoS tournament (HERB 3), I got 13th, losing in possibly the worst way possible >_<

Hopefully, I won't be held back in smash 4 like I was in Brawl. Freaking curses.

Last edited:

Karaoke Man

Smash Apprentice
Who is that literal who MK?
Why is MX playing infinitely slower than usual?
Why wasn't the actual match, Tech chase vs MX, streamed instead of this 18 minute fest of tag?
Why did MX miss literally a million kill opportunities when this MK clearly didn't adapt to obvious b reversals and Slope shenanigan attempts?
Why am I awake at 5 AM posting on snoreboreds?
I'm hoping that I'm blind and that I missed "good job" in there somewhere. Sorry that I couldn't run into MK's fair fast enough.

I've also played Scribz before. He's not the type of player that was going to fall for rather basic Yoshi shenanigans. Yeah, I might've more or less messed up at certain points, but understand that I did what I felt were the best options within the heat of the match I was in. That being said, the b reversals were used for more than one purpose. One of which being to keep the good acceleration momentum I had while in the air and countering the opponent at the same time, even though I ****ed it up at points.

I also don't recall 17th place at a tournament with a good slew of national level players with
being a bad thing. To me personally, this is quite an accomplishment considering that most people figured I wouldn't make it out of pools lol.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
The good job is the "Tech chase vs MX" part.

Also it's usually incredibly rare for any yoshi in general to get out of pools. I mean, not saying you wouldn't have cause I had absolutely no idea this tournament was even happening so didn't get to have an opinion beforehand. But good job nonetheless for 17th in dunno how many people for that, apparently, MLG grassroots tournament.

You get any points for seeding in any future ones you go too? And who else from this thread is possibly going to one of these grassroots? I might be going to the one in Houston around May.

Last edited:

Scatz

Smash Champion
It's good, but you can't deny our curse is strong in placing lol. We barely break the 17th/13th curse.

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
Aus doesn't have any smash MLG related tournaments, so would anyone mind filling me in on what a grassroot tournament is?
Incidentally, I made it out of pools but got eliminated soon after at both interstate tourneys I've been to >_> I'm absolutely positive we can break out of this cycle however.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
We usually get 17th or 13th place a lot cause we're usually in losers bracket by the first or second round in winners and the Winners 4 or so starts turning to mostly top level players using top tier characters that'll end up 1st-5th in the tournament.
So Yoshi + Against top tier player/character = ...........no

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I usually get 7th or 9th because, 1. Im bad, and 2. my scene is smaller than the ones most other yoshis are in.

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
Debating on weather I should go to a local tournament this saturday...or to a fundraising event I've been looking forward to...

Last edited:

Scatz

Smash Champion
whether*

I'll be heading to a melee smashfest tomorrow after work. Should be fun to **** around in.

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
Yea leaning towards the fundraising event. It's an annual thing I never miss and brawl isn't going anywhere.

Still though, unfortunate they fell on the same date. It would've been the first big local i've been to since I broke away from garbage status.

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
My heart is conflicted T-T

Edit: Actually I just checked the times and one conveniently starts an hour before the other O-o. Gotta leave the fund event slightly early to make it to the tourney...Sooo, yay if I can make it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom