• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

YGD - As the snow melts, the mighty Dinosaur rises once more!

Best Yoshi Attack

• Total voters

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
The 17th and 13th curse is literally just because of seeding (well at least for the most part). As soon as I started getting seeded I just kept getting 9th and I haven't really gotten better since then.

Also good job, MX :3 I hope to see you at SKTAR so we can both rep Yoshi. This time I will be there so I will be able to stop you from stupidly switching to Fox <3

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Its a way to make 'fair' brackets by making sure the best players dont play each other early on and allowing for what are considered higher level matches to happen late in the brackets. It prevents things like having #1 in state play against #2 in state in the first round and immediately losing when he couldve easily taken 2nd kind of thing. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seed_(sports)

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
It's also a way to make top players knock out lower level players into losers quicker.

Sometimes, if you wanna not-so-much be pot filler, you gotta go spend 30-400+ (depending on tournament plane ticket etc.) for seeding points at the previous tournament just for that slim possibility to not face 1st-3rd in your state but 4th and lower instead and get a higher placing cause you survived the first or second round of winners brackets after pools. But you'll still be pot filler sadly, just proving you can maybe break that Yoshi curse though.

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
Good job making it to GF's something Slush could never do :troll:

Anyway, you put yourself in a lot of unsafe situations. You're being aggressive but not putting much thought into it which results in you getting into those situations. One thing that you do nearly every time you recover is a rising DJ fair from below the stage. DO NOT do this. There are a few instances where you can do this (for example hitting their shield to push them away then you grab the ledge) but every time you did it you put yourself at risk of getting killed (that guy was really bad so you got away with it) When you're below stage your first priority is to get back onto the stage safely. Another thing I noticed is that there are times you will get him in the air or just get momentum in general and you would give it up by giving him space or throwing an egg. When you get momentum you have to keep it or at least try to get a followup. Yoshi is not good at neutral position so we have to avoid that. Lastly, throw more eggs from the ledge so you can recover more safely. Even if you don't hit him you're applying pressure to his shield and also forcing him to keep a distance away from you so you can get back easier.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I could never do cause I had actual players in my state like Gnes Trela Razer Dojo Espy Denti K prime etc. :^)
REAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLL PLAYERS IN A REEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLL STATE LIKE TEXASSSSSSSSSSSSSS

To be fair if any grand finals has GRIM TUESDAY OF ALL PEOPLE there, you can't call that a tournament Raptor.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 189823

Nikes giving Yoshi a good name internationally.
ok now it's my turn
someday

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
AIGHT QUESTION!
So i'm curious, if you guys didn't main yoshi, and saaaay dedicated yourself to a high tier/top tier that played the same, how highly do you think you'd place?

Just outta curiosity. I regularly place around 4th now, but i'm fairly certain that would be different if I decided to dedicate myself to a low tier character earlier. Also fish baits probably the only national level player here in CO. Ha!

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
If I were to switch now, probably the same. I have no motivation and catching up on the metagame sucks without good practice partners.

A couple years ago? I could imagine consistent top 8. But I'm not gonna fool myself into thinking I'd win a ton. The players who win have infinitely more dedication and natural ability than I care to give/have.

Depster

Smash Champion
That's a pretty tough hypothetical. If we had all the time and effort from Yoshi into a top tier, we'd be better for sure. But if we just switched tomorrow? It'd be a while before we were even placing as well.

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
If I absolutely had to pick another character, it'd be Pika. Because I still have a huge way to go in becoming a good smasher, I don't think I'd benefit from using another character since I'm still in the learning stages, so I don't feel Yoshi's holding me back whatsoever in regards to tournament results.

Fueled by character priiiiiide~

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Hello my discombobulated Yoshi pals.

Me and Blazer are on a mission to save WiFi. We have many ideas stored up Inside our mind. But for now we've started a petition. Please support our drive to save WiFi and sign this petition.

https://www.change.org/petitions/nintendo-keep-the-wii-and-ds-servers-online

If you need clarification 'd be glad to clear up anything that you all seek for answers. The WiFi Is affecting all Brawl types (Including PM) so, I suggest you work with us and let us beat the system.

Be sure to spread this everywhere. 2014 we save WiFi. Good day~

Last edited:

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
Signed it, really don't want to see Wifi go no matter how bad it is...you can still learn a lot from it and it's the only option lots of people have :(
I don't care if people think it's not going to make a difference, if you don't try you won't ever know, and you'll never have that chance again.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I honestly do not think even if the petition got the 10k you guys want it wouldn't stop nintendo from shutting it down.

Doing that is basically their way of saying for you people to be moving on (which you should cause both of the consoles are almost a decade old, well wii, DS is 10) along with Please buy the Wii U if you want online. Kinda like (well opposite in this case) where microsoft told their fans to **** off by basically saying if they want to enjoy online games go back to the previous generation, Xbox360, instead of the Xboned.

Last edited:

Scatz

Smash Champion
It's their desperate attempt to make up for the lack of sales they've been having over the years.

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Thank you all for signing. Many of us thank you. It doesn't matter, leave our Wi-Fi alone and then do whatever thing you want with Smash4.

You guys keep forgetting that IT effects even Pm.

Everyone, spread this around, let's make it and at least show them that we actually care about Wi-Fi. It may be lag and stuff, but It's our Wi-Fi that we all grew up on. Fight the system! Good day all~

Last edited:

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
You guys keep forgetting that IT effects even Pm.
No ones forgotten that. We're just saying it most likely won't be able to make a difference, most likely.
As Scat-man said, this is there way of getting everyone to move on and buy there new consoles. If it doesn't benefit them, they won't do it.

Scatz

Smash Champion
I guess it affects PM in the sense that you can't use wifi to play someone else. It'll just mean that Brawl / PM will become offline only games, like Melee has.

Or you can buy a decent computer and run dolphin and use their wifi version to keep playing. Dunno how good their wifi is yet though.

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
No ones forgotten that. We're just saying it most likely won't be able to make a difference, most likely.
As Scat-man said, this is there way of getting everyone to move on and buy there new consoles. If it doesn't benefit them, they won't do it.
Naw, me and Blazer will do it, I have faith In his determination and mine to save WiFi for all. You still don't understand Sunny. Were doing this to show an Attention icon, that we're here to show Nintendo that we care of their work. Not just that, but It will also not make Nintendo think of preforming this action Of canceling WiFi If Smash4 doesn't become that much successful or whatever Is hidden Inside their mind. I honestly feel Nintendo Is making a big mistake, all they will do Is show their dominatrix and, look like corporations that just want your money and don't care about you. I know that's true, but say that to the kids that enjoy Nintendo all their life. Nintendo Is going downhill! I've always been a loyal fan to Nintendo, but this... is bad... First they disconnect WiiConnect24 (what the flip was that for?) Now WiFi Itself... There is no need to look smart in this situation, all me, Blazer and so much more ask for Is to support us. We'll be making blogs as well here, and Aib. :O

Also, PM made Brawl popular now, Brawl Is the number one game for the Nintendo Wii... yes... It's the best... and they want to cancel a piece of an amazing game. I get what they're doing, they want to force change (just like Obama that sucks) he rushed things and America Is more crappier than before. I wouldn't be surprised If Nintendo does the same to their company. As The Fallen Angel said "Nintendo Is digging a grave to their company" I totally agree. Now, It might work with the Wii-U, but eventually people will wake up and notice that Nintendo are bullies now and all they want Is the money. Why else would they cancel WiFi? And of course force Smash4. I honestly think making Smash4 Is bad In general. Just like Brawl and Melee this wont be any difference. I still bet you Melee will still be the best and PM as runnier up. Nintendo better think of sealing this barbaric and outrageous decision.

So, are you knuckle heads going to help or not? You can troll all you want, but as long has the petition grows, I don't care what you do. Good day~

Oh and @ Scatz, Melee Is a perfect game and It pretty much the only game that can survive without WiFi, same for PM. But Brawl (which Is PM) will not survive and Smash4 will suck, only with some new available characters. All their going to do Is just add some new moves to some veterans, and the Brawl cast, then just pretend they don't know how to make Smash4, so they ask people to help them. Haven't you guys noticed every um three days or so they finish it, If they finished It that fast, then the game Is done. The game Is done, only they want to make the suspense untenable. So they're waiting to destroy the good games. Nintendo will never destroy Melee. Long live the old~

Last edited:

Scatz

Smash Champion
Perfect? Far from it. Though, I give it enough props that it's a stellar game under the scrutiny that it never got any patches or updates.

Also don't act like you know exactly what will happen to Smash 4. You're not on the development team and if you haven't played it then your words are null.

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
It's basically going to be half brawl and half Melee... we have Pm and Wave dashes included. Like I typed, "Nintendo Is making a big mistake" but of course don't believe or trust the guy that's been right of everything so far.

Edit: Well, It seems I've done the usual "leave and wait until he leaves" relax, I'm gone, I'm not staying, all I ask Is that you support and spread the link around. Thanks for your time to all. Good day~

Last edited:

Scatz

Smash Champion
It's basically going to be half brawl and half Melee... we have Pm and Wave dashes included. Like I typed, "Nintendo Is making a big mistake" but of course don't believe or trust the guy that's been right of everything so far.

Edit: Well, It seems I've done the usual "leave and wait until he leaves" relax, I'm gone, I'm not staying, all I ask Is that you support and spread the link around. Thanks for your time to all. Good day~
I don't believe a guy that doesn't have actual proof or credibility. You trash SSB4 before the game even gets the chance to come out. That's just an ignorant person to me. Give the game a chance when it releases then come say that with legitimate reasons to it being bad.

Also, I didn't respond because I had stuff I needed to take care of. People aren't going to revolve around your timeline.

Last edited:

Karaoke Man

Smash Apprentice
If I had a choice of character to use that wasn't Yoshi, I'd probably go with Mario, Link or Kirby tbh

For once, I gotta' say I'm with GYK on this one. Nintendo is doing bad because it's trying far too hard to be something that it isn't; Which is whatever Sony and Microsoft is.
The pad for the Wii U is cool and all, but to have that as a main attraction to and for the system? Why? Dude, if I wanted to take a portable system with me whenever someone is using the TV and potty time rolls around, I'd just take my 3DS, GBC, SP etc. just like we always have. (Don't lie guys. I know you still do :troll: )

If I were to switch now, probably the same. I have no motivation and catching up on the metagame sucks without good practice partners.

A couple years ago? I could imagine consistent top 8. But I'm not gonna fool myself into thinking I'd win a ton. The players who win have infinitely more dedication and natural ability than I care to give/have.
It's okay Mateo. Just as long as you remember that in Brawl, it's the exact opposite of what you just said. That dedication is just...not measured that well when it comes to joining the Meta Knight wagon.

Where's the challenge and the FUN in learning a character that just meets your own skill level at the halfpoint of being successfully good? The strong dedication it takes to be so skilled wtih a character like Yoshi that you actually are considered a threat with this character... To me personally;

That's what true skill really is. There are absolutely no shortcuts to success.

Last edited:

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Okay, I'll try it, but, can you please sign the petition? Just like how you typed for me to give Smash4 give our support a try. Please? :I Also, I never thought that Scat, I just know I make people uncomfortable which Is cool I'm not denying that. :O Can we friendly brawl sometime? I just want to brawl everyone that I never got the change to before. I want to brawl everyone! I hope your life is going smoothly Scat, I really hope it does!

@ MX, Yo been a long time since I've seen you. Ha ha, this will come out aggro, but I've never been wrong with nothing I've typed so far. What does that mean? Trust me that's it. Oh, and sign our petition MX!

@ Depster, He's a friend of mine. :/

Me and Blazer hope you make the right decision. And please spread the link around. The link is located right above these posts. You won't miss it. Thanks for all your time. Good day~

Last edited:

Scatz

Smash Champion
I'll sign the link when I get off work.

I've pretty much retired myself from smash until I deem smash 4 to be worthy of putting time into. I only hang out with the local community to keep my skills decent nowadays (and that's only playing PM/Melee). If I ever get the patience to play Wi-Fi Brawl, then I'll let you know, but don't expect much. Just check here every so often.

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Awesome! Thank you for the support Scatz! I hope everyone else is taking notes? If not then please sign it!?

You can never go wrong with Melee. :)

Don't worry about it Scatz, I just want to brawl as many people as I can. Hope you're having a pleasant time at your work. Don't forget to Crip-walk with your Yoshi when we ever get the chance to brawl. :p

Again, thank you to all that signed the petition, and to the ones that didn't... please sign it and spread it around the Smash world. Please help me and Blazer save Wi-Fi, any signing helps a little. I'm going to go work on my long blog towards saving Wi-Fi and stuff. Good day to all~

Last edited:
Top Bottom