• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

YGD - As the snow melts, the mighty Dinosaur rises once more!

Best Yoshi Attack

• Total voters

Steam

Smash Hero
GW is a character that thrives completely on bull****. sometimes I feel like a doorknob could play that character decently well >.>

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
lol, GW is my least favorite character in the game and I hate playing against him. I'd say GW is easily my second hardest personal MU as well, even though I really havent lost to any GW players.

Steam

Smash Hero
I've never taken a set from the GW main ranked 5th in CO.... he always gets some DUMB **** that saves him... sad thing is he gets saved by ****y stuff like that in every set.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
GW is a -1 for Yoshi. I personally think it's -2 but that smy personal bias/hate/dislike/etc of the MU.

D

Deleted member

G&W is even at worst i think.
He cant kill or approach yoshi at all.

He wins on wifi thats it.

D

Deleted member

Yea yoshi has to be really really really patient. But if you know G&W's options (i play him pretty well so i know what he doesnt like), its really tough for game and watch because eggs are like the perfect speed for limiting his options. Yoshi cant really kill G&W without a good read either, so its really gonna be chip damage from yoshi until you get a nice read or down b, and chip+juggles from G&W until he gets a hard read. His hard reads hurt, but if you are just really patient and dont get into spots where he can make those reads (aka, stay the fk away from him), you should be able to live forever. Fair is G&Ws best kill move in that its fast, but if you understand G&W you can kinda know when its coming.

I would pick up the character for a few days if you have trouble and just see what makes him not a great character.

Yikarur

Smash Master
I think it's even, it could be -1 if we look the current standard Yoshi Level.

I'll stick with Diddy in the future for that MU though, I don't want to lose because of random bull**** that GaW might pull off.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
From my experience, Yoshi's problems are Falco and people of a higher skill level than you lol.

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
We need to make a new guide without polt.

I don't wanna commit to it, but I'd love to have it get done. And help in any way.

Delta could cover effective camping, Zz could cover egg lay/roll shenanigans, Socks could cover like different MUs and stuff. IDK.

I just wish we had a new guide. We can always steal tidbits of the last guide of course.

:phone:

Sharky

Smash Master
I do feel a revamp is in order. Polt's officially useless, so I won't even bother trying to get him to write anything this time around. Over the week I'm going to start checking out vids and seeing who I want to pull what from.

edit: new sections I want to add:

controlling space/zoning - will include karamity zone
dash grab spacing (I'll just like to delta's thread or quote the important bits idk)
juggling/how to manage aerial opponents/bait airdodges
practical uses of dr

gib moar ideas!

Scatz

Smash Champion
Most were said earlier. They're just the more broad aspect of them. Not only that, but you don't want to rely on gimmicks. They're not going to help that much in the long run.

Bigman40 quit the game. Dunno why he took it down though since he had a fairly good tutorial of it back then.

D

Deleted member

scatz originally called me stocky because people called me burnstocks xD
so the problem doesnt originate there

also, ZZ, just admit you need to get better at the falco matchup and stop saying yoshi gets ***** by falco.

I think if we looked at current level yoshi would be +1 vs G&W. I cant think of a good yoshi losing to a good G&W, only the opposite.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Guide Ideas:

Spacing/Zoning - You can just use my thread, I guess. This is really important and needs to be discussed.
DR - It's application to zoning should definitely be looked into. It's why I've decided to start working DR into my game.
Item Play - PLEASE YES HELP WITH THIS I SUCK WITH ITEMS AND AGAINST DIDDY.
Momentum - How to carry it and learning when to stop. (Includes juggling + pseudo combos).
Recovery - General tactics, safety, mixup options, ledge tricks

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I feel like teaching the idea behind creating mixups is better than simply listing mixups, although a small list of easy mixups, like the relationship of Dash Grab/Charged Usmash, would be good to have.

Top Bottom