• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

YGD - As the snow melts, the mighty Dinosaur rises once more!

Best Yoshi Attack

• Total voters

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Usually if i'm gone from Skype for a day or so, I go back to the last message and read every single post I missed...

I saw everything Yoshi's... atleast 4 of you actually liking MLP, watching it, and discussing about it for almost three hours. My powers are STRONG, Only Scatz is still immune..
You guys like MLP don't you? Do Not Deny The Facts!

Friendship IS MAGIC!

CelestialMarauder~

Smash Ace
Usually if i'm gone from Skype for a day or so, I go back to the last message and read every single post I missed...

I saw everything Yoshi's... atleast 4 of you actually liking MLP, watching it, and discussing about it for almost three hours. My powers are STRONG, Only Scatz is still immune..
You guys like MLP don't you? Do Not Deny The Facts!

Friendship IS MAGIC!
Me and firefly watched episode 1 like last year when the whole weird movement started.

We went all superfan to troll scatz <3. I think he's still walking over to NJ to break my face.

I googled it to try to enhance my trolling and found out that Lauren Faust (One of the people behind fosters) was the producer so i was like oh **** respect points.

3 hour discussion? we talked about fosters more than MLP and even that was only like 20 minutes

Scatz

Smash Champion
Yes, I'm still coming to break your face.

I've watched MLP, and I don't mind the show (too girly for me to watch), but I hate it when it's the only conversation that comes up constantly. I see that **** too damn much.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Watch the episode, 'Fall Weather Friends' Scatz, its not girly AT ALL and is an amazing episode that requires almost no background knowledge of the show. It's about competition and PHYSICAL PROWESS.

Depster

Smash Champion
I wasnt in that conversation, so dont lump me in with that group either...

Home golf meet today. Ima tear it up.

:phone:

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
[11:10:57 PM] Laago: other than that your yoshi was solid as hell
[11:11:02 PM] Laago: Those upairs omg

[11:11:13 PM] Sharky: confession time guys
[11:11:16 PM] Sharky: you won't like it
[11:11:23 PM] Sharky: it's about the upairs
*insert dramatic confession here*

[11:11:42 PM] Deltacod: YOU LYING *****
[11:11:45 PM] Laago: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
[11:11:48 PM] Firefly: loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool
[11:11:50 PM] Firefly: the salt

[11:11:50 PM] Laago: lol seriously
[11:11:50 PM] Sharky: sorry guys
[11:11:52 PM] Deltacod: NO
[11:11:54 PM] Deltacod: LYING
[11:11:55 PM] Deltacod: *****
[11:11:57 PM] Deltacod: ** ***
[11:11:58 PM] Deltacod: *****
[11:11:58 PM] Deltacod: ****
[11:12:01 PM] Laago: i dont believe you
[11:12:03 PM] Deltacod: SUCCUBUS

You guys miss the best stuff.

D

Deleted member

Hey Yoshi boards!

"Home of the Modless"? Was Yink the last mod you guys had?

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Yes, And before Yink's Reign we had Youko I believe Shiri and someone else I can't quite remember.
Why may I ask that you want to know this information? (Just curiosity?)

D

Deleted member

I chat with Yink on AIM, and I remember when she stepped down. It just seems like a long time for a board to be modless, but then again, the Fox boards finally just got a new mod today, and KJ has been off the boards for some time now.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Not really sure how the Staffer Shack does things, But my guess is "A Mod is needed for an active board"
Since we're not really active and nothing is going on there's no need for infractions to be handed out. Though someone who's willing to Mod our boards and try to get us back on our feet by presenting some Knowledge of Stages/Frame Data towards Yoshi, the likes. Could possibly revive it... I dunno, All I know is we're pretty inactive for a Board that houses a Mid Tier character.

We live up to being true Yoshi mains! Most of us being Lazy, Lurking, Bad with our hands and memory.

D

Deleted member

I thought laziness was a Wolf main trait? :p

Bad with your hands and memory? How so?

Scatz

Smash Champion
Not really sure how the Staffer Shack does things, But my guess is "A Mod is needed for an active board"
Since we're not really active and nothing is going on there's no need for infractions to be handed out. Though someone who's willing to Mod our boards and try to get us back on our feet by presenting some Knowledge of Stages/Frame Data towards Yoshi, the likes. Could possibly revive it... I dunno, All I know is we're pretty inactive for a Board that houses a Mid Tier character.

We live up to being true Yoshi mains! Most of us being Lazy, Lurking, Bad with our hands and memory.
Having a mod get us back on doing work for our character states that we're too lazy to even get **** done for our own gain. The players that play the character are responsible for finding out all the information possible. People here don't want to find the new information if they have to search for it. Most of yall live up to being lazy mother****ers that want others to do your work. Being lazy, lurking, and all that other crap makes up a Yoshi main.

Auspher, Hylian is basically the only admin/mod we need cause nothing happens here.

Scatz

Smash Champion
Cause for the Snake boards, you only have to worry about landing Utilt and you're good to go.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
There's not really anything else to talk about with him.

"Get slapped around really hard for a few minutes, then hit them 4 times and win."

But even the social, where you go to talk about things OTHER than Snake, gets like 1 sometimes 2 posts a day.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I thought laziness was a Wolf main trait? :p

Bad with your hands and memory? How so?
I don't have enough examples towards any Yoshi players since i've only met Polt FTP and YoshSSB, but i'll state some things I notice.
Polt - I Hand him my Yoshi hat to hold back from Zigsta's Blizzard Beach, he somehow loses grip and tries to catch it for 5 seconds until finally failing and said hat impacting on the ground.

Myself/Slush - Can be told something nearly 7 seconds ago and already forget what I was supposed to do.

Having a mod get us back on doing work for our character states that we're too lazy to even get **** done for our own gain.
Doesn't more than half the boards have/had a mod that provided stuff for them when THEY did nothing, and eventually have the members do work too once the mod had something valuable their respective boards could discuss about?

The players that play the character are responsible for finding out all the information possible.
While the game has been out for 3 years and we've found many things, Some of us have tried to get more information that's Up-To-Date and isn't almost 2 years old. While i'm trying to be a Flashy Yoshi and get Good matches recorded (Outside of me getting my butt handed too me) I am trying to learn how this Dazzle works to eventually put up a Tech Showoff video with possibly two parts.

People here don't want to find the new information if they have to search for it. Most of yall live up to being lazy mother****ers that want others to do your work. Being lazy, lurking, and all that other crap makes up a Yoshi main.
While I am lazy for various reasons involving Life problems and how it's effected me, I tried.
I spend hours trying to figure out frame Data stuff, and with little to no success. The FAF/Hitframe/Damage project is an example, I actually had stuff written down. I just knew it was all incorrect. Since I lurked the boards for a good 7 years off and on before actually joining.
I actually saw lots of old and useful stuff, and mostly used that in (Sure you remember Scatz) Rel_12's/Dueldier12's (I believe) forums and always beat Rel in Yoshi dittos unless he had some excuse about losing.

Basically, it's just i'm not Intelligent enough yet in Smash to even be creating Arguements or helpful Threads on the level of BBR/Mods.

D

Deleted member

At least the social seems active enough. There are character boards that are a lot more of a ghost town than this one.

:phone:

Scatz

Smash Champion
Doesn't more than half the boards have/had a mod that provided stuff for them when THEY did nothing, and eventually have the members do work too once the mod had something valuable their respective boards could discuss about?
Here's the problem, we've had that already happened, and even then, most Yoshi mains don't care about finding the information if it doesn't pertain to them. Also, most of the boards did not have mods get the information for them. There's a few that did that (Ankoku is one I know of for the Sheik boards), but the majority was from other people getting the information. Not only that, but some of the mods mained the character they modded. Hence why it still follows my reasoning in the last post.

While the game has been out for 3 years and we've found many things, Some of us have tried to get more information that's Up-To-Date and isn't almost 2 years old. While i'm trying to be a Flashy Yoshi and get Good matches recorded (Outside of me getting my butt handed too me) I am trying to learn how this Dazzle works to eventually put up a Tech Showoff video with possibly two parts.
In all seriousness, there's billions of tutorials on explaining how to work stuff you buy or use. You even have the tutorial/manual from pinnacle themselves. If you really were trying to learn how to use a dazzle, you'd be asking people that are more experienced in such field, and learning so that you wouldn't be lost on something so simple.

Sharky has been updating his thread, and a few others have tried to rerun the matchup threads (which ends up with the same information since some of it is still valid). The amount of people you just marked is a small portion of the mains that can do something. Also, having a tech showoff video is just like (if not worse than) a combo video for a traditional fighting game (mvc3, ssf4, etc.). They show all the neat stuff characters can do, but what matters is whether you can apply it in an actual match. There's no point in me going under FD with Yoshi when there's no significance to doing it (other than to look pretty).

While I am lazy for various reasons involving Life problems and how it's effected me, I tried.
I spend hours trying to figure out frame Data stuff, and with little to no success. The FAF/Hitframe/Damage project is an example, I actually had stuff written down. I just knew it was all incorrect. Since I lurked the boards for a good 7 years off and on before actually joining.
I actually saw lots of old and useful stuff, and mostly used that in (Sure you remember Scatz) Rel_12's/Dueldier12's (I believe) forums and always beat Rel in Yoshi dittos unless he had some excuse about losing.

This is why you ask people how the stuff works. I didn't know of the other method to figuring out frame data until Yika asked me. Even then, I asked enough questions so that I understood what I needed to use and how to do it. We covered this in skype, and I told you that you could have left me a PM on here stating that you didn't understand what to do. I could've broken down the directions easily so that you would've understood it more. If you still didn't get it, then we'd actually talk through skype so that I can step it through for you. There's numerous ways to getting it done. Just because one method doesn't work doesn't mean you give up.

Basically, it's just i'm not Intelligent enough yet in Smash to even be creating Arguements or helpful Threads on the level of BBR/Mods.
Because you know how the game works to understand it on a fundamental (or theory) level? You have to put in the work (more than what most people think) to understand it.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
You know, if we really need a mod I suppose I could fill in the role. I'm basically a stickler for the rules anyways...

Top Bottom