• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

YGD - As the snow melts, the mighty Dinosaur rises once more!

Best Yoshi Attack

• Total voters

Sharky

Smash Master
I won against a Marth yesterday! 2:1 lost the first, 2-stocked the second (unnecessary bad DI and some point) and won the last due timeout 182% to 178% !
yeeeessssssssss
Really? I find Yoshi's ledge-options at 100+% to be better than the ones he has when he is less than 100%. His get-up attack has invincibility until the hitbox comes out and does 12% (which is a lot for a get-up attack), and his roll has invincibility until like the last 4-5 frames or something (even if it is slower).

:069:
noooooooooooo.
LedgeDR makes your day!
yeeeeeeeeessssssssssssss

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Guys, im gonna play some kirby over wifi this week. I plan on hitting him with one egg then scrooging the whole game. I'll tell you if it works.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
invincibility for get-up options are not that important, important is the duration.
Get-up Roll is the worst option I've ever seen, it's just a very crippled movement and it gives the opponent tons of time to react, it's almost impossible to not get hit out of it.
I'm not saying that these are the best options you can do, but they are still usable. I really only do these like 2-3 times per match maximum. So, my opponent usually doesn't expect these.

Also, with the 100+% ledge-roll, my opponent usually hits me when my invincibility frames are still active. The invincibility lasts for such a long time on that move.

EDIT:

Ledgeroll (>100%)
Invincibility: 1-60
Ends: 79
Ledge Occupied: 1-32
A full second of invincibility is quite significant and can sometimes throw people off.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
And that's why I'm majoring in computer technology, not english

Sharky

Smash Master
I'm not saying that these are the best options you can do, but they are still usable. I really only do these like 2-3 times per match maximum. So, my opponent usually doesn't expect these.

Also, with the 100+% ledge-roll, my opponent usually hits me when my invincibility frames are still active. The invincibility lasts for such a long time on that move.

EDIT:

A full second of invincibility is quite significant and can sometimes throw people off.

19 frames is quite a long time to not get punished, though. If they are hitting you during the invincibility, then they clearly haven't learned that aspect of yoshi well enough. =/

indigestible_wad

Smash Lord
And that's why I'm majoring in computer technology, not english
Touche isn't english. lol

Although now that I think about it, I'm not one hundred percent sure which language we borrowed it from, although I've narrowed it down to one of romantic descent, specifically french or italian. But I may be completely off on that one. Though I can't think of any languages that have the hash above vowels that aren't romantic, at least not indo-european. Eh, slavic.

I'm not an engish major either. Geology.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Touche isn't english. lol

Although now that I think about it, I'm not one hundred percent sure which language we borrowed it from, although I've narrowed it down to one of romantic descent, specifically french or italian. But I may be completely off on that one. Though I can't think of any languages that have the hash above vowels that aren't romantic, at least not indo-european. Eh, slavic.

I'm not an engish major either. Geology.
I didn't major in italian either

My Skins baby

don't fuxz
Yeah... stupid redskins
likes cowboys =(

SOVAman

Smash Hero
If you are really a Cowboys fan you would be happy we won right now because the Eagles were in first place

SCRUB *** FOOTBALL FAN RIGHT HURRRRRRRRRR

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
19 frames is quite a long time to not get punished, though. If they are hitting you during the invincibility, then they clearly haven't learned that aspect of yoshi well enough. =/
True, but that's why you use it sparingly. It can become useful in certain situations.

D

Deleted member

I just read this touche convo...and my IQ dropped several points

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
If that download he gave works with all characters, I'd be happy to

Airborne

Smash Lord
Touché is French you clowns.
Jile tellin' like it is.

I just read this touche convo...and my IQ dropped several points
Really? It made me feel better about myself.

Hey guys, check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jG7mu4_JLzE

I think this is pretty cool. I really want to see how Yoshi's hurtbubbles act relative to his attacks. Can anyone get this done?

I think we all already know that there's going to be this basketball shaped hurtbox the size of Bowser where his nose would be located.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I think we all already know that there's going to be this basketball shaped hurtbox the size of Bowser where his nose would be located.
lol So true.

Still, I'd like to see how his up-smash/f-smash/dash attack work. If his head is truly invincible his hurtbubbles should turn blue in that area (like how MK's hurtbubbles turned blue when he Shuttle Looped).

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Im not gonna lie, I was thinking the same thing. Ill try it when I get home. So... an hour or so.

Chuee

Smash Hero
With such a big nose, Yoshi must have super smell.
*starts using wario's fart more against Yoshi*

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
lol So true.

Still, I'd like to see how his up-smash/f-smash/dash attack work. If his head is truly invincible his hurtbubbles should turn blue in that area (like how MK's hurtbubbles turned blue when he Shuttle Looped).

Watching the video a day or two ago made me want to download the Media file and start taking a look at Yoshi's Hurt/Hit/Invincibility bubbles and most likely post images in a Topic.
Wondering if I should be doing this kind of (Research?) stuff so early when I don't have any frame data knowledge.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
You don't need frame data knowledge. You can look it up if you need. I don't have any memorized at all, really.
I know you don't But basically for me, If I learn about one thing. I just have to learn it's component (Twin, Other etc.) to atleast know more stuff about whatever i'm learning.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
You don't need frame data knowledge. You can look it up if you need. I don't have any memorized at all, really.
You don't? I know quite a bit of it.

Yoshi's jab and n-air come out in frame 3.
Yoshi's u-air comes out at frame 5.
Yoshi's f-tilt, d-smash, and down-B come out at frame 6.
Yoshi's d-tilt comes out at frame 8. I believe his b-air also comes out in frame 8.
Yoshi's pivot-grab comes out at frame 10 (or 11 if you count the actual pivot).
Yoshi's spot-dodge comes out in frame 2 and only has 3 total frames of vulnerability.

I basically memorized all of the quick options Yoshi has because it actually matters in CQC. :nerd:

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
You don't? I know quite a bit of it.

Yoshi's jab and n-air come out in frame 3.
Yoshi's u-air comes out at frame 5.
Yoshi's f-tilt, d-smash, and down-B come out at frame 6.
Yoshi's d-tilt comes out at frame 8. I believe his b-air also comes out in frame 8.
Yoshi's pivot-grab comes out at frame 10 (or 11 if you count the actual pivot).
Yoshi's spot-dodge comes out in frame 2 and only has 3 total frames of vulnerability.

I basically memorized all of the quick options Yoshi has because it actually matters in CQC. :nerd:

Would you like a cookie?

When someone's in my face, I'm not thinking about the ****ing amount of frames it'll take to throw out an attack. I'm thinking about what they're going to do, and how the **** I'm getting them out of my face. One frame RARELY matters, except in making guaranteed combos or CGs.

This is how I view movesets:

Really fast
Fast
Average
Slow
LOL GET ***** ON REACTION Slow

I don't really think frame data has practical application during a game. It's easy to tell what's faster than what in the first place.

Yep, I just raged at frame data. Get @ me.

D

Deleted member

Frame data only matters in relation to things coming out at the same time.
For example, knowing how fast jab is in comparison to other jabs is muchos importante.
Besides that, i dont think its important unless ur scatz

Yikarur

Smash Master
lol So true.

you don't need that to know this, Yoshis upsmash/fsmash/dash attack nose is definitly intangible while the hitbox is out.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Yes, but I want to see how much of his body is actually invincible during the move. The nose is a given, but how far down his body does the invincibility extend?

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Kay so.. watching this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmVMOij6HdM
And trying it out it got me use to DR but still didn't understand how to do it. A few minutes of trying and I noticed something.
Like Egglay. if you press Y(Jump) and B(Special) at the same time it shows he DJ'ed (Spirals) but you go down and use Egg lay. For DR it's like that but have to Press three buttons faster then DJC since you can do it anytime and still reverse the Egg lay.

Top Bottom