• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

YGD - As the snow melts, the mighty Dinosaur rises once more!

Best Yoshi Attack

• Total voters

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Sweet, I can't wait to meet you irl! Then I can see the true **** that is lucario v. yoshi
This is something I wanna witness too.
If yoshi v lucario really is such a bad match up and im in a state wear half the players are lucario, I really don't see me winning stuff with yoshi... ._. Thank god dedede's my secondary.

Yikarur

Smash Master
Lucario is not that hard if you play concentrated and carefully and keep his options in your head.
but it's still a bad match-up D:

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
I think its because every hitbox of his is disjointed ._. I think I should learn this MU though. My dedede's decents but players tend to see through how you play him rather fast.

Oh and totally unrelated, but I up aired a dedede out of his U-tilt today without getting hit. I heard our Uair has a slgiht disjoint on the sides or something. Is that true.? '3

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
This is something I wanna witness too.
If yoshi v lucario really is such a bad match up and im in a state wear half the players are lucario, I really don't see me winning stuff with yoshi... ._. Thank god dedede's my secondary.
lol i second d3 as well. But i never use him in singles, i only sometimes use him in doubles when yoshi wont behave

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
@Killa: yup, almost 4000 posts now.

@Sunny: sure, ill check it out later

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Hitboxes are designed to extend past the visible extensions of characters.

Disjoints actually refer to attacks wherein those hitboxes aren't attached to anything that is hittable, so while Yoshi's up air is pretty effin big, it's not actually disjoint.

Airborne

Smash Lord
I wanna see as many yoshis as possible at this event(poltergust and yosh are already going). Its during spring break so its gonna be HUGE!!!
Xyro, you know I love yo low tierin' *** and stuff, but I has top tier johns.

Edit: Also, in other news, Platform Canceling and Wavelanding on platforms is easy as sh*t with Yoshi; ya just gotta know the rhythm, and the waveland got dat swing. It don't mean a thing if it don't. ;D

Depster

Smash Champion
Xyro, you know I love yo low tierin' *** and stuff, but I has top tier johns.

Edit: Also, in other news, Platform Canceling and Wavelanding on platforms is easy as sh*t with Yoshi; ya just gotta know the rhythm, and the waveland got dat swing. It don't mean a thing if it don't. ;D
You talkin DR?

Yikarur

Smash Master
I won against a Marth yesterday! 2:1 lost the first, 2-stocked the second (unnecessary bad DI and some point) and won the last due timeout 182% to 178% !

but Marth is still annoying if he knows how to fight against you, he didn't know apparently .-.
and I lost to a Toon Link like always. (I switched to Diddy but my Diddy sucks so baaad and I don't know what I'm doing wrong :/ )

Yikarur

Smash Master
SV is such a good Yoshi Stage due to platform canceling, it turns our recovery at 100% into something much much better =D Yoshis Ledgeoptions at 100%+ are awful.

But I like back doublejump to B-Reverse NeutralB, I'm only scared of the risk to accidently SideB but that did happen only once in my entire career! D:
Backdouble jump to platform cancel on SV is sooo nice, it's like the ultimate recovery option for Yoshi
SV <3

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Really? I find Yoshi's ledge-options at 100+% to be better than the ones he has when he is less than 100%. His get-up attack has invincibility until the hitbox comes out and does 12% (which is a lot for a get-up attack), and his roll has invincibility until like the last 4-5 frames or something (even if it is slower).

:069:

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
But the invincibility is so nice. ^_^

Just use them appropriately. You obviously wouldn't do a get-up attack if your opponent is just standing there, but if they are charging a smash or if they are landing in front of the ledge then it's a nice option to have.

:069:

Yikarur

Smash Master
invincibility for get-up options are not that important, important is the duration.
Get-up Roll is the worst option I've ever seen, it's just a very crippled movement and it gives the opponent tons of time to react, it's almost impossible to not get hit out of it.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Its good to mix in rolls and ledge attacks. I usually play around on the edge until the opponent gets patient then do either or.

Also DKs ledge attack under 100 damage is amazing ._. Why can't we have an awesome ledge attack like that?!

Top Bottom