• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Y. Link Match Up Discussion. Ask Questions Here!

.Guu~

Smash Cadet
One of my more difficult matchups is vs Doc / Mario. What are the best ways to approach him / deal with pills? I can't really figure out a way that wouldn't be incredibly predictable.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Though the discussion has passed, Pichu is our Dan. His trophy implies or says that using him is like handicapping yourself, which is closer to joke character. He's even a crappier version of a classic character in smash as a title (Pikachu).

Kirby I'm not sure who he compares to. He doesn't seem intended as a joke character, but he turned out to be one.

Mario vs Young Link sounds really boring. Mario's probably in trouble if you get him above you.

Dojomaster2

Smash Cadet
Need some sound YL vs Marth advice. 3 of the people I usually play with main Marth, and I can't recall the last time I took a match off of them as YL.

Dojomaster2

Smash Cadet
Once you get inside on marth (I have a tendency to stay in a lil too long lol) What is the best way to get out? I usually end up getting hit by a nasty combo after i get in and try to land one of my own

Laijin

Smash Hero
If you have a bomb in your hand, a simple jump -> Z Bomb drop will do the trick. Otherwise you're gonna have to get a hit in on him somehow. I typically use my shield offensively and read them. If they go in for a grab I'll n-air. If they space their f-airs against your shield they are not moving closer to you, giving you ample amount of time to Shield Dash(Wavedash out of shield) backwards and run away. :p If they f-air close to you, n-air out of shield. You can also watch for them to land and grab them.

Dojomaster2

Smash Cadet
*Bows down to laijin* Thank you for the advice. I didn't realize there were really that many options to it so this plan will go into effect asap and I will have to share how it worked.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Oh. and lets not forget to use YL's amazing side step. He has one of the best side steps in the game, so use it! You can effectively replace most options you would normally do with a shield and side step instead. It makes it safer in case he goes for a grab. Just don't be too predictable with it.

Dojomaster2

Smash Cadet
Orly? Think its hardcore practice time until Pound 5, then it will be time for some MM's. Whos interested in trying to take my money?

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
hello Young link forums.. I'm off work tomorow.. and am very bored/and very lonely.. :( (yoshi boards are sooooo dead.. it hurts me) *sniffles*

@Laijin - I've been playing a tiny bit of Young link and so has Axe, get some moar vids up plz! n_n
^^ me = fan.. :)

uhhhh...........

oh yeah.... - You all should watch these... I'm sooooo bored ><; anyway hope you enjoy! and I'm a keep practicing Young link and catch up ^^

EDIT:

you all are soo kind and supportive.. It means alot.. (I know I keep saying this) BUT IT REALLY DOES!.. <3
Updated OP... more matches vs Axe... finally added parrying into my game for keeps...hope you all enjoy

NEWEST!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDNM4Ojvyoc <---- vs Axe Falco
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVbdG2cXrQM <---- vs Axe Fox
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cd7IbzmNb4o <---- vs Axe Pikachu

These above ^^^^^^ are the newest I've had so far and I hope to continue more.. ^^ thanks everyone for the support ^^

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
wow, vector, wow.

People told me about your Yoshi, but I never bothered looking until now (because I honestly thought no one would ever be as fun to watch as Fumi).

You are officially my new favorite smasher lol

And yes, plz rep YLink and be the next godly AZ YLink player :D

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
wow, vector, wow.

People told me about your Yoshi, but I never bothered looking until now (because I honestly thought no one would ever be as fun to watch as Fumi).

You are officially my new favorite smasher lol

And yes, plz rep YLink and be the next godly AZ YLink player :D
Awwwwwwwwwwww:embarrass: <33

there is a favorite smasher thread in the melee discussion... :) lol jk jk

Thanks man it really means alot.. im doing whatever I can to show everyone that Yoshi's not that bad of a character that people are claiming.. I know it/I just feel that there is something more Yoshi has to offer and I wanna tap into that.. so badly... :) I really appreciate the support you're too awesome :)

btw...

Idk how you do it but DK's freakin hard ><; I was lookin for another low tier character to perhaps try out and I just can't do it ><; help plz? so currently i'm working on Young Link, YLink has so many cool nifty tricks i'm starting to like him alot more ^^

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Haha, keep it up dude. I think I'll try to do the same. Like, I'm more skilled with my low tiers then my top tiers, yet I always get scared and go Fox in tourney :L Give me your courage plz

As for DK, yeah... he's really weird. I tried teaching a lot of people but... they eventually quit because of how awkward he is. Lucky for me, back in 06 when I was picking him up and had that problem, Bum taught me all of the basics and that helped a lot. After you get used to the fact DK basically doesn't l-cancel when comboing, he feels pretty comfortable. Apparently, he's extremely easy to pick up by people who are good with CFalcon.

YLink is more fun though, especially if you mess around with bombs. Having 3 bombs out to toss is too awesome.

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
Yay! more ylink playas! I havent been on boards in a long while. My ylink has indeed improved im hoping to get more vids up in the next month or so. What's the next big tourny coming up besides pound 5?

rhan

Smash Hero
Lasers shoot bombs. Lasers stun. Lasers are faster. Laser lock down can stop bomb production.

Do I need to even continue?

Laijin

Smash Hero
Lasers only go in one direction therefore bombs can go over them. Bombs do more stun and damage. Bombs can bounce off of shield and be reused. Bombs are better for edge guarding.

LETS DO THIS BRO.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
one direction doesn't matter. lasers shut down a ridiculous amount of options, while bombs don't. the things you listed really not don't matter that much, because of the speed of lasers.

Top Bottom