• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Y. Link Match Up Discussion. Ask Questions Here!

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
Are you saying that ylink counters them? cuz on the matchup chart they have it as icies with a slight advantage. ive never played that matchup myself.

Laijin

Smash Hero
My opinion of the match up vs ice climbers is pretty old(3 years old lol) especially since my yl has improved in that time . Im gonna start using young link in that match up more often instead of sheik and I will let you know the results.

Laijin

Smash Hero
I'd believe Y.link = IC's. I am starting to believe more and more that y.link legit counters jiggs.
No. He does not counter jiggs. Jiggs can gimp YL just as well as any other character. Its not a terrible match up though. I'd say 6-4 in Jiggs favor. She can effectively dodge projectiles cause of her mobility and just do all the same gay stuff she does to everyone else.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
That's nice to say I guess, but I don't believe that. I've never been in a situation where throwing **** at jiggs didn't significantly reduce her options. Plus 1 bomb is like 1/10 her stock and 1 strong boomerang is 2/10 her stock, it's kinda ridiculous. I'd love to vs really good jiggs just to see what they'd do, because I am sure they would think of something.

Laijin

Smash Hero
That's nice to say I guess, but I don't believe that. I've never been in a situation where throwing **** at jiggs didn't significantly reduce her options. Plus 1 bomb is like 1/10 her stock and 1 strong boomerang is 2/10 her stock, it's kinda ridiculous. I'd love to vs really good jiggs just to see what they'd do, because I am sure they would think of something.
Eh. I guess you have never played against Mango or Hungrybox? >__>
I speak from personal bad experiences. lol

Alphicans

Smash Hero
The two best players in the world? Like, those are just straight up bad examples to use especially when they out class you so heavily in skill level.

rhan

Smash Hero
Isn't S0ft a decent Jiggs player in FL/GA?

I think you'd probably go even with him Laijin.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Dude I have not played s0ft in like 3-4 years LOL.
Keep in mind I lived in FL, so the only jiggs players I played the most were Raistlin(He got 9th at genesis I think) and Hungrybox. And I'll tell you YL was not really a good option. I went sheik. Always.

Last two times I went against Raistlin I won the first time, then he won the second tournament. I have not played since then, so I guess we're even(Those were both with Sheik). But I never do so well with my YL. Same goes for Hbox. I don't feel too strong about the match up =\

Overall, I really do believe Jiggs has mobility options that allow how to dodge projectiles in ways most other characters are unable to. Plus with the ability to gimp YL very easily and generally just have no problems at killing him at early %s, its fair to say Jiggs definitely has the advantage at the very least 6-4.
But this is just my opinion.

Edit: Alright. So now that I think about it..all the jiggs players that I played at Pound 4(in general) in friendlies definitely were not all that bad. Jiggs still had the advantage, but being able to tell where they are moving and when they are attacking were pretty important. Sometimes it might actually be a good idea to go with YL during that match up. It all depends on the player really =\ Some people react differently to YL than others from what I have seen. And also how comfortable you are with the match up in general.
In my case, I'd go Sheik instead since I'm more comfortable with that.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
All I know is that I lose to jiggs as fox and beat jiggs as y.link. I don't see how jiggs can camp y.link without a projectile. It's not like brawl MK here where she can just glide under the stage when she has a % lead.

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
Honestly Fox is the kinda character everyone knows how to play against... so unless you have a super good fox ur not gonna win. I would go Ylink anyday. Jiggs players usually dont expect that imo. Also I think its harder for jiggs to rest ylink than most.

rhan

Smash Hero
Back from life... and Laijin's post had me rethink ylink v jiggs. I still feel ylink does exceptionally well for what he is. I usually go Samus in the match though... As long as I stay patient, the match will hopefully run the clock with me a stock ahead...

Also, I resently found out that Samus is my best...

BUT ylink will always be my favorite!

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Honestly Fox is the kinda character everyone knows how to play against... so unless you have a super good fox ur not gonna win.
Unless you're playing one of the three or four good Jigglypuffs, I doubt this. Unless you're doing the matchup horribly wrong, which is fairly common.

Shaeman111

Smash Ace
No one wants to record Low tier matches though.... There are a few out there bit they're overshadowed by the upper classed characters.

Vanz has probably one of the sick nastiest Young Link's.

~Rhan​

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
people will record anything that is interesting

watching m2k chaingrab g&w into a four stock was an example of why people usually dont record low tier matches

they are rare and usually uninteresting

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
yeah, it's really only stuff like m2k losing to HDL's link or something that people would want to see.

low tiers are only entertaining when they're beating up high tiers

Cia

das kwl
^ lol.. I kind of agree with this.. but i like watching advanced low tier play even if they are getting *****. Who's the top YL anyway? (excluding Jash) I wanna steal some of their stuff =D

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
You and TRC are the only people who seem to bust him out in tournaments lol

Also, gratz on the mod ish

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
If the arrow hits lol.

Btw, I think people should mess around more with placing bombs and throwing them one after the other. So much fun. You can set them as you jump past platforms, or, if you're on a platform, you can just press Z as you fall through it and press down B. Bam, 2 bombs. Throw one, quickly grab the other.. like.. SH bomb throw, double jump catch. ULL BE AMAZED.

edit:
Make sure you guys check out that cool recovery thread.

Cia

das kwl
If the arrow hits lol.

Btw, I think people should mess around more with placing bombs and throwing them one after the other. So much fun. You can set them as you jump past platforms, or, if you're on a platform, you can just press Z as you fall through it and press down B. Bam, 2 bombs. Throw one, quickly grab the other.. like.. SH bomb throw, double jump catch. ULL BE AMAZED.

edit:
Make sure you guys check out that cool recovery thread.

I've always been interested in this sort of thing, but my tech skill is so lame, i'd never be able to pull it off.

rappster - i love using arrow as a tech chase against grounded opponents

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Well, if you can do short hop, bomb drop, regrab... or if you can short hop to bomb drop + have the bomb not explode and land on the ground... then yeah, I'll easily give you that title lol. That stuff is hard.

Top Bottom