• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Y. Link Match Up Discussion. Ask Questions Here!

rhan

Smash Hero
Shaeman, MM this weekend?

Let's finally beat the Stone Tower this weekend!!!!! :D

Vanz that sucks... :(

rhan

Smash Hero
KK - Anytime we're at a tourney together.

Shaden I'm as serious as a heartattack.

QUOTE MY POST NIIGGA!

Shaeman111

Smash Ace
um where's a good place to take Captain Falcon?

also-money match?
money match. take him to yoshis, or FOD. anywhere where edges are abundant. if you can keep him off of the edge then youve won. just try to avoid being pwned by his platform game. crouch under platforms to avoid... well... getting comboed.

money match
yes. now you get it.

Take that homo to Rainbow cruise.
No. Its all about brinstar these days. (:

rhan

Smash Hero
money match. take him to yoshis, or FOD. anywhere where edges are abundant. if you can keep him off of the edge then youve won. just try to avoid being pwned by his platform game. crouch under platforms to avoid... well... getting comboed.
Did you forget the factthat Falcon can still Dair through the platforms plopping you upwards into things that will just set you up for death? I mean that's the downside if the plats are low... It is still possibly one of the best stages to take Falcon to due to the little room he has and the moving plats.

rhan

Smash Hero
That depends on the platform position.

I'm just saying. Don't rely on the platforms for protection.

Shaeman111

Smash Ace
That depends on the platform position.

I'm just saying. Don't rely on the platforms for protection.
it's not relying on them. unless youre on yoshis, in which, you SHOULD rely on them.
on FOD it's just being able to have him on platforms and upair juggle and upsmash... and pressure.
mindgame= false sense of security.
Falcon comes in to dair, you crouch at the last second. he misses. You punish.

Professor :3

Smash Journeyman
Falcon doesn't die that easily, his recovery is easily one of the best in the game. I never had trouble getting back on to the stage myself.

Shaeman111

Smash Ace
I meant to. I tried to edit my post.... I had a paragraph laid out, and i left to fix something in the house.
i came back, refreshed the page without thinking. Everything was gone.

but basically what i said was,
his up B is the same every time, with NO hitbox. Just a grab that goes in front of him. easily punished, and easy to see when he will try to sweetspot. and y.link can hit him out of a sweetspot, so it's really just useless.
if he lands, he gets daired [dies] or downsmashed to the other edge, and then repeat steps 1 thru 4.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
Falcon really does have an awful recovery, at least if you can't tech 100% of the time.

I would also take CF to brinstar.

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
Falcon doesn't die that easily, his recovery is easily one of the best in the game. I never had trouble getting back on to the stage myself.
ah ha.hahah. hahhaha. I think you mean that he has one of the worst. the only reason you're getting back on stage is bcuz the person or cpu :embarrass that you are playing has no clue how to edgeguard. Falcon is done once he's off the stage. thats it. Its uber predictable and almost any move goes thru it, not to mention a plain old edge hog will do the trick.

D20

Smash Lord
Falcon is one of Young Link's worst match ups. Of course... Young Link has a long list of worst match ups.

rhan

Smash Hero
It might be but it's probably the easiest match for us.

Nair beats everything of Falcon's.

rhan

Smash Hero
I'm just a guy that states an opinion.

All these money matches flying aroung this thread though... lol I know most of you all are joshin but me being a complusive gambler.... I can't help but twitch at the sight of them....

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Falcon's Nair ***** YLink's Nair if the Falcon has any idea on what spacing is.

But the bulk of them don't so whatever.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
It's slow and easy to hit the startup.

If he lands onstage without an edgecancel, he gets hit off again almost guaranteed because of the lag.

Not exceptionally mobile and completely vulnerable when coming down from it.

Top Bottom