• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Y. Link Match Up Discussion. Ask Questions Here!

rhan

Smash Hero
Is Vanz really retired...? My day has been shot to hell if this turns out to be true...

rhan

Smash Hero
Tru tru. I thought I quit after pound but look at me... I'm back! But I'm shifting more towards Street Fighter. Mainly due to the fact that the SF community is more active in my area than the Smash community..

Though I cannot ever forget how to play Smash. I think it's encoded in my DNA now..

rhan

Smash Hero
I understand. <3

What's the next big tourney? I'm so outta date with this **** now...

rhan

Smash Hero
Word... I can try for APEX. Where is that located again? I heard stuff about it but I can't remember much.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Apex is in NJ, my home state :D

Rutgers University, New Brunswick, New Jersey (to be more exact).

I would link you, but I'm playing smash64 online atm and I'm just typing here as ppl choose their characters.

rhan

Smash Hero
Lol nice. Looks like I might go to Apex. It's close and I think we're going up to NY anyway to see family sometime this summer anyway. Just gotta find out when.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
ULTRA BUMP

I am watching Apex stream right now
and I swear to god I heard "Jash" called out in Melee Round 2 pools

AM I DREAMING YOUNG LINK BOARDS
AM I DREAMING!?!??! OR IS THIS FOR REEEEAAAAAAALLLL

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
DOUBLE POST I DON'T CARE HE REALLY IS PLAYING CONFIRMED OMG

JASH IS IN APEX RIGHT NOW HOLY ****

PLAYING YL

MATCHES ARE BEING RECORDED

OHHHHHH
I'm coming back to Melee now I have to if Jash is back <3<3<3<3

rhan

Smash Hero
DOUBLE POST I DON'T CARE HE REALLY IS PLAYING CONFIRMED OMG

JASH IS IN APEX RIGHT NOW HOLY ****

PLAYING YL

MATCHES ARE BEING RECORDED

OHHHHHH
I'm coming back to Melee now I have to if Jash is back <3<3<3<3
OMFG! I missed seeing Jash... Insted I went bowling with my girlfriend and my best friend and his girl friend...

FUUUUUCK MYYYY LIIIIFE!

Shaeman <3

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
it's okay he wasn't on stream
but all matches were recorded (or so said NjzFinest)

and I just heard he got 5th in his R2 pools and didn't make it, sorry guys, but at least we'll be getting new Jash footage soon!
PS he was in both Brawl AND Melee. what a champ!

CaptainRanD0

Smash Apprentice
hey guys just letting you know I'm going to start using Ylink more because he's so fun to play and pretty underepresented

so expect to see more of me around in these boards :)

did Laijin end up going to Apex? juggleguy didn't mention him when he was reading out pools.

Rich Wheeler

rhan

Smash Hero
I have no idea. I should have went by I had court costs to take care of and like my paycheck from this week would have allowed me to go.. :(

Also that nice fat child support check from my dad would have paid my way through. Dammit why couldn't this be next weekend. :(

Also good **** Rich.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
I finally got to meet Jash yesterday and watched his melee matches.

Everything was recorded :) There was some dude with a camera behind him for every pools match lol

rhan

Smash Hero
I finally got to meet Jash yesterday and watched his melee matches.

Everything was recorded :) There was some dude with a camera behind him for every pools match lol
I love you! <3

Laijin went. he texted me earlier in the day. I don't know if he made it out of any pools, or even if he entered.
Lesss go Laijin! I would have probably done the same thing. I'm only confident in teams now..

Laijin

Smash Hero
I didn't make it out of pools lol.

My first round pool was really hard.
I got 2-0 by MacD
2-1 by Daikanos
2-1 by Smashmac

Really close matches with them though. But Apex has hyped me up enough to REALLY play a lot

Jash got beat by everyone in his second round pools I think? I blame too much brawl for that lol

Rhan come to more MD/VA tournies. Follow Tope and Cyrain up here

rhan

Smash Hero
I didn't make it out of pools lol.

My first round pool was really hard.
I got 2-0 by MacD
2-1 by Daikanos
2-1 by Smashmac

Really close matches with them though. But Apex has hyped me up enough to REALLY play a lot and prep up for Pound 5....6 months in advanced lol.

Rhan come to more MD/VA tournies. Follow Tope and Cyrain up here
Lol last time when we went up top Richmond they said the same thing. They're cool peeps and as long as I can get a ride to Richmond they said they'll take people as long as they got gas mownay. Best believe I'll be up in NoVA for a few tourneys. ;D

Also good ish on doing that good against Daikanos and Smashmac. MacD knocked out our hometown hero here Ether in brackets. :[

He must be really **** good..

Laijin

Smash Hero
MacD is GOOD. Easily the best peach at the tournament besides Armada. I actually had that set recorded. Close match the first game on FD, then I counter picked Yoshi's and got 3 stocked :( NEVER counter picking that stage again against Peach.

Daikanos gave me the me buisness the first match with his fox. Then I beat his sheik. He counter picked FoD and played his Fox again. I almost won except I jumped out while he was doing a fire fox and missed the f-air. I suck LOL.

That pool overall was a huge cluster****.
Daikanos 2-0ed everyone in there except for me.
Smashmac 2-1'ed MacD
MacD got third seed I think while I got 4th :(

But yea man I expect to see you at some VA tournies soon

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
just curious did you play Vanz? cause his Peach is really, really good. so I don't know about that "easily best besides Armada", is all, cause Vanz is... really good. I mean, ***** got 9th place.

what character(s) did you use in your pools matches, Laijin?

Laijin

Smash Hero
Vanz is really good. I saw him a few times but didn't get to play him. Hopefully we play soon since he lives in tristate and it isn't that far from MD.

I played all Sheik the entire tournament. I took my Young Link out in money matches.
I beat WarriorKnight's bowser in a $5 money match lol and played against Axe's Pikachu which was pretty fun. I really wanted to money match Taj, but kinda forgot to...lol

rhan

Smash Hero
just curious did you play Vanz? cause his Peach is really, really good. so I don't know about that "easily best besides Armada", is all, cause Vanz is... really good. I mean, ***** got 9th place.

what character(s) did you use in your pools matches, Laijin?
I played and roomed with Vanz at Pound 4. Didn't even realise that he was Vanz until Hax offed us a car ride lol. Me and Shaeman was hype when we found that **** out. He's ****ing amazing with pretty much everyone on the cast. His Peach is godlike!

Though when I was watching the stream when he pulled out IC's I was shocked as hell. @_@

Vanz is really good. I saw him a few times but didn't get to play him. Hopefully we play soon since he lives in tristate and it isn't that far from MD.

I played all Sheik the entire tournament. I took my Young Link out in money matches.
I beat WarriorKnight's bowser in a $5 money match lol and played against Axe's Pikachu which was pretty fun. I really wanted to money match Taj, but kinda forgot to...lol
You lucky bish! Good job on beating Warriorknight's Bowser. xD

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
I know dude I was sittin' on the stream just waiting and I heard the 2nd round pools being announced and someone was like "who the hell is Vash" and I was like "NAH ***** DAT'S JASH WTF" and then NJzFinest confirmed it was him and the matches were reeeecorded!!!

btw looks like I'm back, Young Link forums, LOL

Laijin

Smash Hero
I saw Jash vs PC Chris. Good ****.

But then second round pools came...
and Jash got beat by EVERYONE in his pool(0-2 even?). I blame Brawl. Too brawl Jash(He did get like 25th I think in Brawl singles).

WarriorKnight's bowser is legit. He was kinda frustrated by the match up though. Bowser just gets out camped and theres nothing he can do about it lol

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Lajin, I was also watching Jash vs PC Chris lol. That means we were next to each other and didn't even realize it.

Sigh, I always wanted to play your YLink >.<

rhan

Smash Hero
My memory of Laijin.. He's ALWAYS SMILING! Look for a guy that looks like DeeJay from Street Fighter. 10 times out of 10 it's Laijin. xD

Omfg what's the next big tourney?! I'm so gooing to whatever is may be.

MacD

Banned via Administration
peek a boo

you were fun to play against laijin, and some sheiks like yoshi's some don't, idk what to say

also i got first seed, i 2-0 diakanos so i still ended up getting first seed

Laijin

Smash Hero
peek a boo

you were fun to play against laijin, and some sheiks like yoshi's some don't, idk what to say

also i got first seed, i 2-0 diakanos so i still ended up getting first seed
Good **** man.
Your Peach is easily the best Peach I have ever played. Wish I could have played you more. :)

LOL. Were you the guy with camera NJz?

The next big tournament is Rom2?
I'm trying to get an MD/VA caravan to Tipped Off 6

rhan

Smash Hero
Good **** man.
Your Peach is easily the best Peach I have ever played. Wish I could have played you more. :)

LOL. Were you the guy with camera NJz?

The next big tournament is Rom2?
I'm trying to get an MD/VA caravan to Tipped Off 6
RoM3 might happen for me. I gotta see where I'm at first.. But omfg if ya'll get a ride to TO6 come scoop me on the way! :D

This is wishful thinking but that would be pretty awesome.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
I was the black guy with glasses in all maroon clothes xD

Dude with the camera was thin and asian, I wish I was him though.... cause I'd be jerking to that Jash footage every night.

rhan

Smash Hero
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Wait do ya'll know who he is on the boards? Maybe we can harass him to post that ****!

Top Bottom