• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Xiivi Loves America Mafia - Game Over! Who won? DGames Copy

Sieg

Smash Champion
HAY GUIZ.

How do I play this Mafia game? I was so bad at it last time.

I can understand everyone's eagerness to play the game, and I'm sure you all think that's a good thing.

But I want you to also remember that experience and eagerness to play does not equal town.

Although at this point in the game, I think it's fine, I urge other players to remember that we all have our own opinions, and to not let other players lead you down the wrong path because of their "experience".

Sieg

Smash Champion
I wish I had that headbutt picture right now. I am so ****ing making that picture tonight so I can post it here.

Pete278

Smash Lord
Arrow pointing out mafia wouldn't vote no lynch, because of the suspicions of last game, but instead suggesting a perfectly random vote (which gets us to the same end location: no new information unless we luck out and hit mafia) indicates he's mafia trying to withhold information, in my opinion.

Vote: Arrow.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Aww Leisha.
T_T

Unvote: Sieg

Hi Sieg.

1) Who do you believe are the 3 plays today and why? What I mean by this is, I would like you to state the three most lynch-worthy individuals, and why by quoting posts to use in specific examples to back up your explanation.

2) If 1) doesn't explain as much, why is your vote on me?

I'm going to address the last few pages since I've posted a little later. Got another Mafia game to tend to.
In the meantime, watch your votes on Arrow. He is currently sitting at L-2.

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
yeah i am playing differently.

the game before set a precident for this one. hence why u using my behaviour change and hence why i said the mafia members are more likily to go for a vote.

also theres no rush. mafia could be rushing things being lead by summoner and vyse. there is no harm in THINKING -.-'

i want to vote. i stated it before the game started, i had my role.
why not liesha(sieg) or vyse?
i said that i felt liesha was more town than vyse.
and i felt sad to vote vyse off because he never plays with us. but if u telling me thats a bad enough reason not to vote for him.... then

Vote:Vyse

now theres gonna be suspicion cause i bandwagon -,- and probably a OMGUS vote from vyse :)

Sieg

Smash Champion
I'm Town.

Vanilla Town.

I've been thrown to the other end of the Spectrum.

Though you don't have to believe this if you don't want to.

Sieg

Smash Champion
I'm not going to answer your questions Anthony because I really don't care and don't have the effort to lol.

Although the only reason I voted you is because it was what Leisha voted. I'm still undecided.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Sieg, role claiming was a very anti-town move.

The mafia are going to be looking for the power roles with their lynches, and they now know not to lynch you.

Sieg, please go back and address this post because you seem to have ignored it:
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=9348543&postcount=165

I'll get back to you tonight Arrow. All I ask is that you guys keep me away from L-1 before I have a chance to post what I want to.

The next person to vote me will be putting me at L-2, and that'll put me in lynching range. I don't mind if you do so to put pressure on me, but be aware that a quick lynch could well happen.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
1st Order of Business:

Pete278, you forgot to answer my question:

Per your #103 you said you don't like letting people get to L-1 for pressuring townies. Can you elaborate? I know the reasons, but I'd like to know why you don't think so.

It was a kinda dodgy plan though as if I died, I wouldn't have told anyone.

are you happy with my replies Vyse?
They are fine. Your reads mostly agree with mine at that point in time, but I think I have much more solid reads on Moose and Arrow now.

well, with the slip of the tounge. I wrecked my own plan lol

I'm expecting mafia to kill you tonight Vyse (if you're town) because you're the most experienced. if they don't, suspicions rise. I can't use any of it now as I've posted it. so disregard it.
Tonight, Mafia have the WIFOM of whether there is:
1. A town doctor/body guard/bus driver and...
2. Whether that doctor believes I'm town or not.

This truly is WIFOM at its best.

As for the case where I do survive to day 2, worry about it when it comes. All players should expect to feel the heat the next day after being on a wagon, or being a suspect that survived :)

well vyse if i was mafia, ide probably switch to a No lynch, trying to withhold info from the town.
I think this is a cop out answer. You said yourself in another post that everybody was unhappy with a no lynch and that a lynch will happen today. By that logic, Mafia should want to go with the idea of lynching someone.

Not only that, but you contradicted yourself.
In post #153 you say the exact opposite!

well it would be a dumb move for mafia to be all no lynch.
when the previous game ended in one and upset people....

thats just one take on it. whether its true or not and whether i believe it or not is still to be determined.
Explanation please?

it was just a sugestion =P a when i said random vote.. we all kinda know its not. anything thats not can be traced back =P along with the night kill.. plus voting is evidence enough. not like last game where NO lynch was out and no ones "random" opinions surfaced.
That is fine.

and yeah summoner i am not really 2 fussed on day 1 not enough solid infomation to sway others with, so can afford to kill a townie for a starting point.
That's why we are creating information. From nothing, we have on record the opinions and voting patterns of all other players.

I feel that Pete278's actions are a tad conservative. I'd like to bring up this post:

While he is emphasising that he does have his suspicions, I think he is also taking the 'wait and see' approach to this day 1 much like Leisha. This gives me the impression that he wants Leisha lynched but is going to wait until he gets the last vote in case 'the mob get control of the hammer', which is something he supposedly does not want. I strongly suggest to take note whether he eventually votes Leisha, and if he does, whether he is in control of the hammer.
Good read. And I agreed until he voted for Arrow where he concisely made his case based on contradictions.

HAY GUIZ.

How do I play this Mafia game? I was so bad at it last time.

I can understand everyone's eagerness to play the game, and I'm sure you all think that's a good thing.

But I want you to also remember that experience and eagerness to play does not equal town.

Although at this point in the game, I think it's fine, I urge other players to remember that we all have our own opinions, and to not let other players lead you down the wrong path because of their "experience".
While I really want to post a 'Cool Story Bro' picture, I think it's important that you all heed this and stop saying 'I don't wanna vote Vyse because he's eager and doesn't get to play with us much'.

Although, I'd like to point out that this same attitude lost Town the game in Rocky, where Moose and Arrow had the mafia pegged, but town was too tunnel visioned. Basically listen to what players have to say, but don't follow it blindly. Form your own opinions and cases, and if they match up, then take that as a good sign too.

yeah i am playing differently.

the game before set a precident for this one. hence why u using my behaviour change and hence why i said the mafia members are more likily to go for a vote.

also theres no rush. mafia could be rushing things being lead by summoner and vyse. there is no harm in THINKING -.-'

i want to vote. i stated it before the game started, i had my role.
why not liesha(sieg) or vyse?
i said that i felt liesha was more town than vyse.
and i felt sad to vote vyse off because he never plays with us. but if u telling me thats a bad enough reason not to vote for him.... then

Vote:Vyse

now theres gonna be suspicion cause i bandwagon -,- and probably a OMGUS vote from vyse :)
You are continually sweeping away the arguments being put down and telling town it's not trying to think.

Tell me, why did my original vote on Leisha hold little merit?
Think about your answer.

As for my overall reads on a few people:

LeishaSieg: Newbie Tells all over the place. But what really irks me is that Leisha didn't answer my question before she left, so I can't make a clear distinction between whether these tells truly are newbie ones. Now we're left with Sieg who doesn't seem to actually want to play or care about the game.

Moose: I believe Moose is Town for now. I think both Moose and Arrow have a preconceived notion as to how Mafia should be played and because I don't quite fit what they were expecting, they're automatically suspicious of me.

Arrow: I have mixed feelings about him. Were it not for that huge contradiction I pointed out, I'd be willing to put him in the same boat as Moose. However, it's that, added with the other things I've pointed out about his play that I'm currently not liking.

Vote: Sieg

Everybody who disagrees with Sieg's current strategy of not putting his opinions on record because he doesn't care should wagon him with me. If people are afraid of making a lynch based on theory, then make a policy lynch on a perceivably weak town member.

If he doesn't respond to the wagon, then it can only be indicative of scum unwilling to put his opinions on record.

This will put the current vote count at 2 for LeishaSieg (Vlade being the other voter), putting him at L-3.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Yeah, I thought you'd do that.

Some of us don't like to post massive **** long posts about which way we want to psychologically analyse every specific player.

I thought this was supposed to be a toned down version of the last game, and this is what we get?

You're Mafia.

Insta voting for me as soon as you feel I'm not playing the game + knowing that I'm town? Ha.

It doesn't matter who's weak or who spends half their life making a post. A townie is a townie, and you're basically saying it's alright to kill townies if you percieve them to be weak?

How is that not a tell?

Sieg

Smash Champion
Why should I put my opinions out there anyway? It just gives Mafia a general reason to attack players and pick who they can kill and who they can't.

I'll decide when to tell town about who I feel are threats, like I already have in my last post.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Also you pull all this mafia terminology out of your *** showing off to everyone.

L-3? OMGUS votes? FINGER OF SUSPICION? Please.

You're leading everyone in town around in circles, playing your little game from atop your mafia mountain.

Pete278

Smash Lord
Oh, sorry, missed that. I feel letting someone get to L-1 off a random pressure vote defeats the purpose of the pressure vote, since L-1 is easily enough for a mafia to jump in, do the hammer vote and lynch a townie, while keeping up the appearance of a townie. Its just too dangerous until we know for certain.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
@Sieg: I've said multiple times that I've been using terminology where I can so that people can learn. Summoner's also been helping me out with this. And when I said toned down version, I meant a game that's not filled with power roles all over the place. Games that are simpler in design are more fun because it rewards players logic more and doesn't screw them over with game mechanics that are hard to foresee.

People NEED to put their opinions on record. All of them. They MUST do this, so that later in the game people can see who they were and weren't suspicious of. Who they tried to present arguments against and who they didn't. You can't keep your opinions to yourself. Otherwise you are just deadweight. And anyone aiming to be deadweight is mafia.

All I'm asking you to do is pick three people and tell me why you think they're the most suspicious. I want to see your read of the game. Generally it is the responsibility of the person replacing in to do this. But if you can't see to reason, I am happy with my current vote and am happy to take the heat tommorrow if you're just playing newbTown instead of newbScum.

Half the reason why Town lost Rocky is because they didn't demand more from players who want to coast, even the townies. It's up to town to make sure it has a good read on players, and is why I'm voting you now.

Note how other players like Pete, Vlade and Lord Bowser don't make really long posts. They still manage to be pro-town in their actions.

Whereas you've basically just come into the game saying "I am Vanilla Town. I don't care about helping town win though. You guys do it for me so I can parrot all of your reasoning later and win that way".

At the very least, you must be able to recognise the error of judgement you made when role claiming.

@Pete: I understand the logic and can appreciate it, but I somewhat disagree because many people won't budge until they are in a position close to that. Like Sieg here, who is flat out refusing to play pro-actively and is refusing to put his opinions on record, which is an extremely anti-town thing to both do and advocate.

I also disagree because it should be obvious that whoever laid down the hammer vote without much reasoning and when town hasn't agreed to lynch should be mafia. But if it makes you and the rest of town uncomfortable, I'll tone it down.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=IC
http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Being_a_good_IC

^What Vyse is doing.

with Vyse vs Sieg

In principle, Sieg's idea of not setting down opinions can only hurt town. One of the ways to catch scum is getting everyone to list their opinions at the time and see if there are inconsistencies that crop up anywhere. Both Leisha and Sieg were against listing information. Also Sieg, I was the one who brought up OMGUS votes, not Vyse. I'm going to go Arrow tomorrow.

Vote: Sieg

Sieg

Smash Champion
I've already said and voted for who I think is Mafia.

My thoughts are on record.

"Basically listen to what players have to say, but don't follow it blindly. Form your own opinions and cases."

You said it yourself.

Don't step on my ****.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Sieg is now at L-2 that is, 5-2 = 3 votes (Vlade, Myself, Summoner).
Be careful :)

@Summoner:
Thank you <3

Sieg

Smash Champion
There are no opinions.

HOW CAN YOU HAVE INCONSISTENCY WHEN NO ONE KNOWS ****ING ANYTHING.

God.

I can see why playing town is ****ing fantastic.

Summoner said "Hey Moose, the idea of Mafia is to trick people. So why wouldn't they do it just to trick you into thinking "a mafia member wouldn't do that so he mustn't be mafia"?

You're not making informed moves, because there are none first day. You don't know anything. How do you know I'm weak for not giving in to your questioning?

You've basically come out saying what you believe is good for the town, when in fact you could be lying.

You have no reason other than prejudice and bigotry to vote for me.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
There are no opinions.

HOW CAN YOU HAVE INCONSISTENCY WHEN NO ONE KNOWS ****ING ANYTHING.

God.

I can see why playing town is ****ing fantastic.

Summoner said "Hey Moose, the idea of Mafia is to trick people. So why wouldn't they do it just to trick you into thinking "a mafia member wouldn't do that so he mustn't be mafia"?

You're not making informed moves, because there are none first day. You don't know anything. How do you know I'm weak for not giving in to your questioning?
A weak town member by my definition is one that is not very useful. You, as in, Leisha + You fit that definition perfectly.

Town knows plenty at this point. Town has the opinions of nearly every single player on record. You're the only one refusing to play the game.

You've basically come out saying what you believe is good for the town, when in fact you could be lying.
I could say the same to you.

You have no reason other than prejudice and bigotry to vote for me.
This is actually false if you read what I've said.
It's up to town. If town thinks I should drop my case on you, I will.

I'm not going to touch the subject again until everybody else in the game has responded.

For now I'm more interested in Arrow. You can flail and attack my play some more if you want Sieg.

Pete278

Smash Lord
Okay, now that's an awfully suspicious way to go about it. I'm placing most of my suspicion on Sieg and Arrow, but I'll keep my vote on Arrow for the reasons I've stated earlier. I just don't like that we could be risking doctor or cop on nothing.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Also yes. I can see everyone's amazing opinions.

Can you back up this claim? Although I've already looked.

Where are all these opinions?

All I see are scribbles of here and there information that people have put out.

So far you've changed your vote about twenty times and I've made a conclusive decision on who to vote for. Summoner has poked his nose around. Vlade has made one good post on Pete. Unreon has made one good post in his very inactive game time. Moose had defended himself from your accusations and Pete has posted about how he'll "Wait for things to roll out."

You HAVE **** **** ALL.

You're poking at something I said because I've been working all day. I'm sure playing all those mafia games were really hard weren't they? And now you've suddenly thrown Leisha on myself?

HAHAHA.

You're using a person I'm not to try and convince people I'm not very active?

Here's your activity for you.

You're using your posts and the fact that half of the players will never look back on posts to your advantage, telling people that you have the "Opinions of the town" when they don't even have them THEMSELVES?

Give me a break. TL:DR posts and herding won't get you through this game Anthony.

If we had the town's opinions on record, WE WOULD HAVE LYNCHED SOMEONE ALREADY.

No. I'm sticking with what I've said. I'm pointing the finger squarely at you.

Trolling me only shows how scared you are. You've run off to hide because I'm close to the truth this close to the start of the game, and now you're trying to cover up all tracks.

If you actually bothered to look people, you'd see that Leisha was alot more active than most of the players here, and she even stirred the pot so to speak.

But you twisted those words Anthony, and now you're twisting mine.

I won't let you.

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
well for one i think sieg is town. a boring townie.

yeah its a condtridiciton taken at face value.
i said mafia would want to vote for a lynch to blend in.(which is only because of the previous game) (1)
the reaction i got from "1".. which was like a ..."no mafia would want a no lynch". (2)
but if i played mafia, ide go for the no lynch. also that its generally a smarter idea to do as mafia. (3)
hmm how to put this (1) was before (2) which altered my (3).
there i explained the contridiction -,-'

@pete
well you gotta risk it for the biscuit. your cowardice is what makes you sus.
FoS:pete

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
so if ive been keeping track.. which i haven't ill update it if someones got a problem
town is like split

The A team: (we know how you work in your brain box)
Arrow, moose, sieg

THe B..um team: (we try to look logical and fair, also like to quote and reference)
vyse, summoner, vlade, pete

The Sea team: (we are not active enough...the biggest losers =P)
unreon, lord bowser

i think there is 2-3 mafia.. and i wonder where they would hide...

Vlade

Social Outcast
Good read. And I agreed until he voted for Arrow where he concisely made his case based on contradictions.
The slightly subtle objective of that post was also to pressure Pete into either voting Sieg early or to vote someone else entirely, hence providing us with more information to work from.

As for now, my vote on Sieg still stands. This is because he seems unwilling to co-operate I - being proactive and contributing to the scumhunt is vital for any townie and I don't see why Sieg is not in the mood to be proactive about the town's objective.

Sieg

Smash Champion
I'd like you all to remember Moose in the last game.

I went with my gut. It's up to you all how you respond.

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
reasons,
well i know sieg, he wouldn't lie about it or play the game as mafia in that way. the way he revealed his role on the first day is evidence enough. anthony said that its benefiual for town not to do so, so sieg does the opposite, cause its sieg.
liesha was playing it safe and since they are essentially the same person.
sure he doesn't think so proactivly but thats cause he believes you got nothing to go with.
sure we got some opinions, but they wont take into affect til day 2.

Top Bottom