• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Xiivi Loves America Mafia - Game Over! Who won? DGames Copy

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Okay, I'm here now, going to read up on the thread now.

Offtopic question.
Also what does FoS stand for guys? =S sorry if this sounds like a silly question. lawl

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Wow okay. Clearly there is a Saga between me, Summoner and Leisha which can lead to an informed lynch. Moose, Arrow, the line you are going down is completely wrong for a number of reasons.

Foremost of these is the fact that a random lynch will not achieve anything in the slightest. If you're going to randomly lynch, then you may as well No Lynch, because we will learn nothing from a 'Random Lynch' and lose a townie in the process.

Town MUST commit to a lynch target, because then the people who were AND weren't on it can be analysed and grilled. Their reasoning can be scrutinised, and we can begin to suss out cracks in people's stories.

FoS: Moose and Arrow

@Everyone else: I'll address each of your posts since my last one later tonight. Just a little busy atm, but I felt it was really important to point out that what Arrow and Moose are advocating right now is extremely scummy.

undead_moose

Smash Lord
Yes of course anthony

Putting ourselves on the line is really scummy

The only one who didnt agree was leisha

And now my FOS is you for not seeing that no mafia would willing put himself at risk day 1 unless he had complete downs

VOTE VYSE

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Hey Moose, the idea of Mafia is to trick people. So why wouldn't they do it just to trick you into thinking "a mafia member wouldn't do that so he mustn't be mafia"?

...wat?

undead_moose

Smash Lord
Arrow was up for the idea

In b4 you say he wasnt seeming as he suggested it

Leisha... didnt

Sure its about tricking but if there is only 2 mafia (LOOK AT YOUR PMS BEFORE YOU ASK ME HOW I KNOW THAT) it would be a rather stupid gambit when its 2 mafia and 1 townie having the possibility of dying

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Yes of course anthony

Putting ourselves on the line is really scummy

And now my FOS is you for not seeing that no mafia would willing put himself at risk day 1 unless he had complete downs

VOTE VYSE
It would only lead us to getting drunk on WIFOM.

To give you an example:

Two players have a black stone and a white stone each. They each secretly select a stone, then they simultaneously reveal their stone. If the stones match as White, player 1 owes player 2 $1. If the stones match as Black, player 1 owes player 2 $3. If the stones don't match, player 2 owes player 1 $2. Which stone is correct for each player to choose?

The initial reaction of player 1 would be to select the White stone, as he then only risks losing $1 instead of $3. This, however, would be obvious to player 2, who would then select the White stone in order to match player 1. Player 1 should therefore select the black stone to not match player 2, which means player 2 should choose the black stone, which means player 1 should choose the white stone, etc. ad infinitum
Moose: "Hey, so why didn't you put yourself on the roulette?"

Scum: "Because I have a power role"

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
(Also, when I post examples/definitions, it's meant for everyone, I'm not saying you don't know what WIFOM means).

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Leisha didn't say anything on the matter.
Arrow didn't explicitly state he'd be on the line. In fact, from what I gather, he's letting the votes decide who's in it.

well we can decide to choose a pot of random people then get game moderator to roll it....

say 2 people voted liesh.. that means there will be 2 sides on the die as liesh. etc..
so the bandwagoning increases the chance however essentially is random.
What I take from this is that he's saying to have an 'x' sided die with each vote for a person going on one side. A person with more votes has more sides so they have a higher chance of being lynched.

undead_moose

Smash Lord
Ah

What i was thinking of

Was

1 person agress not to vote and then the other 8 split up their votes so that 4 people with 2 votes will be up to a random rouletee of death

MY PLAN WAS that the people who agree to be a part of this wheel of death would be clear and my susspicions would then fall on the 5 who did not throw themselves on the wheel.

Narrowing down the numbers if you know what im saying

But thats all ruined

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Ah

What i was thinking of

Was

1 person agress not to vote and then the other 8 split up their votes so that 4 people with 2 votes will be up to a random rouletee of death

MY PLAN WAS that the people who agree to be a part of this wheel of death would be clear and my susspicions would then fall on the 5 who did not throw themselves on the wheel.

Narrowing down the numbers if you know what im saying

But thats all ruined
I see what you're saying Moose, and in theory it's a good idea, but it works against the natural goals of the game (that is, making as informed a vote as possible), so I couldn't let it slide ;P

http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Gambit

You're definitely on the right track, but gambits that I've seen are people making play's when people think the hammer's fallen on someone, even though somebody might know they are voteless and their vote doesn't count to see if they react as town or scum, or other things like that.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Yeah, was gonna say that doing a PURELY random vote doesn't achieve anything unless we somehow lynch a mafia because you get no information out of it whatsoever. At least with a no-lynch you lose 1 less townie but it's still a very bad idea as I'm sure we all know

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
After re-reading the last few pages, there's a few things I need to explain.

Look at the original post I voted Leisha in and tell me that it's a purely random vote.

It is baffling that many of you are sweeping it away as a random vote with no merit.

The theory is that LeishaChu does not wish to cast a vote because she is scum and does not want to have her play scrutinised. The policy reason is that a player who is not willing to scum hunt and wishes to ride on other player's theories is a good lynch to make.
Both of these are sound reasons for a lynch on Day 1, and I am happy to push for this lynch for as long as my theory is based in fact. The fact of the matter is that Leisha has thusfar done little to nothing to attempt to disassemble my analysis or otherwise prove me wrong by playing pro-actively.

If Leisha can do any of the aforementioned, I will be happy to remove my vote, but as far as I'm concerned, a vote on somebody who is playing anti-town is a good day 1 lynch.

Time to play 20 Questions:

LeishaChu:
Who do you believe are the 3 plays today and why? What I mean by this is, I would like you to state the three most lynch-worthy individuals, and why by quoting posts to use in specific examples to back up your explanation.

Lord Bowser:
Your original FoS on me in your post #86 to me is a an argument based in WIFOM. Do you agree or disagree and why?

Pete278
Per your #103 you said you don't like letting people get to L-1 for pressuring townies. Can you elaborate? I know the reasons, but I'd like to know why you don't think so.

I am fine with putting people at L-1 btw. Unless there's a known doublevoter.

SummonerAU
Summarise your reads of Arrow, Moose, Leisha and Myself, using noteworthy quotes.

undead_moose
Why do you prefer tricking Mafia over applying pressure to fish for scumslips?

unreon
WHERE YOU AT?
DAT AINT FALCO

Vlade
Who is worth pressuring right now and why. Please elaborate with quotes and examples.

xXArrowXx
If you were mafia in the current state of the game, what would you do from here onwards?

@EVERYONE: There is an easy way to look at play posting histories. Xiivi in his infinite kindness has provided links to each player's posting histories in the first post. Just click the player's name in the signup list.

unreon

Smash Ace
Hi guys;

Sorry for posting so late, but yes I'd like to confirm I'm still playing. I've just been out lots and haven't had time to read the boards and this thread.

Kinda pooped from driving 4hrs today, so I'll read it tomorrow morning and post back.

Cheers! :)

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
Lord Bowser:
Your original FoS on me in your post #86 to me is a an argument based in WIFOM. Do you agree or disagree and why?
I agree, and it's definitely not the best thing to base stuff off, but we have to consider the option Mafia are trying to lead town which could be deadly. Leisha still hasn't really addressed any of the concerns but I don't want to vote just yet otherwise Mafia could easily jump on and secure a lynch.

Leisha
What do you think of the suspicion put on you? Who do you think is suss?

Vyse
If you were in someone else's position would you be suspicious of yourself?

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
<3 you Vyse for promoting activity.

Let's do Arrow first :D (I thought it might be better to look at all of Arrow's posts seeing as though there isn't that many)

got it.

my first impression of the thread reminded me of team america *** yer XP

so lets decide who to lynch. key word lynch. not no lynch. LYNCH.
My impressions of Arrow here are that he wants to avoid a No Lynch vote like last game. I kinda get the feeling that he's not too fussed on who's lynched today, but with the use of decide at the start, I also get the feeling he'll be waiting for a bandwagon to jump on.

yeah talk it up
i kinda dont want to get right of vyse the first day XD its just to harsh since he never gets to play.
Again wants to get discussion going. He mentions you Vyse so I'm looking at you more because of it. I know it might be sincere but a mention is a mention.

mm have a mock vote..???
then resort to a dice roll if need be. the lynchee can squirm to get out of it tho... lol
I get the impression that after he read your post of RVS, he wants a purely random vote. This could be because he thinks the odds are in his favour that a town member will be lynched and nothing will be gained from it (assuming scum) or he misunderstood the idea behind RVS.

So what does Australia mean to you?
(town please try to be patriotic...)
I don't quite understand this post. Is it purely off topic or is he trying to fish for info from other players?

i dont want vyse trying to lynch me for bad grammer and speeling...
FoS: vyse
Another joke post? I'm thinking Arrow's first post was going towards more of a lynch. I don't know if Arrow's the sort of person to joke around with a vote BUT if he's read RVS, why doesn't he just put a joke vote on Vyse?

" How do you feel about LeishaChu and Vyse at this point in time?"

they are trying to make something out of nothing... just watching how it goes
cant really tell between them enough to make my vote not random. leaning more towards liesha being town tho.

ah might aswell come out with it

Vote:Vlade

he seems logical but abit to much pressuring on a potential townie.
Arrow didn't want to place a vote on either Vyse or Leisha. The two people most in the spotlight at that time imo. He then places a vote of Vlade for a pretty lame reason I believe. I think he's trying to be conservative and is trying to show willingness to vote but not voting people who a likely to get killed is pretty dodgey.

gunna skip two posts here whatever
well we can decide to choose a pot of random people then get game moderator to roll it....

say 2 people voted liesh.. that means there will be 2 sides on the die as liesh. etc..
so the bandwagoning increases the chance however essentially is random.
Is still trying to get a lynch but is trying to get a vote out of the people who have been voted currently. If Arrow is mafia, I think we'll find that the people with votes here aren't.

That's it from Arrow. I think he's either misunderstanding how random day one has too be or is planning a lynch that can't be tracked back to him 'easily'.

Going to post this and do the others in a different post so you get the chance to question this post while I'm typing the others.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Moose time.

Tad bit early to be tossing around random votes isnt it? lets at least let people talk so we can get this train moving
This post, in conjunction with his next two don't really fit too me. He wants to talk about then game and what to do today and then goes off on offtopic stuff.

I will most likely be mafia target 1 hahahaha

You predictable fools
Jumps out suddenly with this. Could be that he's mafia and is trying to throw the scent off by saying this. Could be moose just saying it too.

Thats very suss leisha but i will let it slide for today

I can always get my suss people tomorrow

I dont really want to vote for someone unless they make a massive slip

So if a vote does come close to arrow i will be changing... unless he made a massive slip
So he's placed a vote on Arrow, but has given himself a reason to unvote him if he gets close to being lynched. It kinda gives off the vibe that Moose has already settled on the thought that Arrow is town for some reason.
Already have a suspect for mafia and i havent voted for him yet

Im just waiting for his reaction
Never acts on this suspicion. Doesn't list it either. But, add this too...

I do like arrows idea but we should make it 3 people

I put myself on the line for the russian roulette game of death
makes it seem like the first post was just a bunch of hot air. And then he says...
Well no one has done anything sus yet seeming as it is the first day

YET
Where he very clearly has said that he did think someone was mafia.

My read on moose is that he's either careless or he's just trying to blend in.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Leisha.

I'm not really going to bother with quotes unless you REALLY want me to as I believe you've already quoted them and gotten the same ideas.

Leisha is being non committal and waiting for a bandwagon to jump on. When confronted with this, she voted the person who confronted her. She isn't ACTING very town.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Vyse

In previous posts I've gone over things such as your specific mentioning of Lord Bowser before and you FoS thing. I'm still not satisfied with you reasoning there BUT I think I have a way of checking if you're mafia or not tonight :)

Currently, I'm still <3ing you for asking everyone questions.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Vyse
If you were in someone else's position would you be suspicious of yourself?
Depends on who's shoes I'm stepping into.

As me, I would be suspicious of myself to about the same degree as I would be of Leisha. I would be concerned that Vyse is trying too hard to lead town on a lynch wagon that holds questionable merit, but I would support it if Leisha chose not to comply with the request to play more proactively.

As somebody else here, I'd be wary because I'm probably not familiar with the kind of playstyle Vyse uses, and don't have the experience to tell whether it is a common playstyle or not. Because it's not a playstyle that I as another townie am used to, I'm inclined to treat it as suspicious mostly because it's abnormal to what I'm used to.

Vyse

In previous posts I've gone over things such as your specific mentioning of Lord Bowser before and you FoS thing. I'm still not satisfied with you reasoning there BUT I think I have a way of checking if you're mafia or not tonight :)

Currently, I'm still <3ing you for asking everyone questions.
If you're not satisfied with something, call me out on it. Don't leave it alone.

@Moose I was going to leave that part of his post alone in the hopes mafia wouldn't pay much attention to it, but since that's out, I'll just say to everyone that they shouldn't pseudo-role claim like that unless it's a part of their plan to pseudo-claim. (Which it seems to be).

Summoner seems to be saving himself with a glass of WIFOM though :lick:

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
well, with the slip of the tounge. I wrecked my own plan lol

I'm expecting mafia to kill you tonight Vyse (if you're town) because you're the most experienced. if they don't, suspicions rise. I can't use any of it now as I've posted it. so disregard it.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
It was a kinda dodgy plan though as if I died, I wouldn't have told anyone.

are you happy with my replies Vyse?

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
well vyse if i was mafia, ide probably switch to a No lynch, trying to withhold info from the town.

it was just a sugestion =P a when i said random vote.. we all kinda know its not. anything thats not can be traced back =P along with the night kill.. plus voting is evidence enough. not like last game where NO lynch was out and no ones "random" opinions surfaced.

and yeah summoner i am not really 2 fussed on day 1 not enough solid infomation to sway others with, so can afford to kill a townie for a starting point.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Vlade
Who is worth pressuring right now and why. Please elaborate with quotes and examples.
I feel that Pete278's actions are a tad conservative. I'd like to bring up this post:

I..wow, didn't expect the thread to move so quickly. Leisha does seem a tad suspicious (who thinks out a random vote? you don't have anything to actually consider), but I dislike letting pressure votes get to the point that the mob has control of the hammer, so..
FoS: Leisha

Probably vote later, depending on how the pressure goes.
While he is emphasising that he does have his suspicions, I think he is also taking the 'wait and see' approach to this day 1 much like Leisha. This gives me the impression that he wants Leisha lynched but is going to wait until he gets the last vote in case 'the mob get control of the hammer', which is something he supposedly does not want. I strongly suggest to take note whether he eventually votes Leisha, and if he does, whether he is in control of the hammer.

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
well it would be a dumb move for mafia to be all no lynch.
when the previous game ended in one and upset people....

thats just one take on it. whether its true or not and whether i believe it or not is still to be determined.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Suddenly, while the group decides amongst themselves who to kill, someone yells out!

"GUYS! I'm really, really sorry but I'm going to be busy these next few days and actually have a plane ticket to go see my grandmother on the other side of the country. But I don't want to ruin our mission, so I asked a friend to take my spot."

"Yeah I'll be taking over from here on out."

"Cool thanks, here's your Role PM."

"Got it, thanks. Tell her I said hi!"

"Sure!"

Sieg replaces LeishaChu. Everyone say "Hi!".

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Day 1 Vote Count 3

LeishaChu - Vyse, Vlade (
)
Lord Bowser - (0)
Pete278 - (0)
SummonerAU - (0)
undead_moose - Pete278 (
)
unreon - (0)
Vyse - LeishaChu, undead_moose (
)
Vlade - xXArrowXx (
)
xXArrowXx - SummonerAU (
)

Not Voting - Lord Bowser, unreon (
)

Deadline for Day 1 is January 28th, 2010 9:00PM AEST. With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch!

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Arrow, I'd like to point out that all the mafia were on the no lynch vote.

Another thing, if you aren't too fussed on killing a town member, why didn't you vote for Leisha or Vyse?
Gut feeling is telling me there's something up with you.

unreon

Smash Ace
Wow, this is got bloated pretty fast.

To answer Vyse's WHERE YOU AT, THAT AIN'T FALCO prod: sorry guys I've been out lots recently, but now I'm back on track :)

From the switch, Leisha/Sieg has to be cleared of all suspicion right off the bat. That part is obvious.

What doesn't concern me very much is Vyse's initial vote on Leisha. He made his motives are very clear in his posts, and his frequent posting is indicative of both his experience and eagerness to play.

What does concern me is arrow's strangely 180 turn on his original playstyle in the other game. He used to be quick to point out suspicions on others, but recently he has been acting strangely conservative and being unable to commit to a proper vote.

Vote: Arrow

Oh, and HI SIEG :D

Top Bottom