• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Xiivi Loves America Mafia - Game Over! Who won? DGames Copy

Sieg

Smash Champion
Just.

Take a look back.

And think about it.

Why are you voting for me? I've explained everything. Even Vyse didn't accuse me of being Mafia. He just voted for me.

Think about it.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
So basically, by protecting yourself with my quotes, you're saying I'm correct?

I agree with you.
No, I'm proving a point.

You asked me a question.

I essentially told you to **** off.

You learn nothing.

Nothing is gained except hostility levels.

Everyone, calm the **** down. There's no need to be ****ing swearing your ****ing head off every ****ing post. Chill the **** out and ****ing calmly do things. There's no real reason to be attacking people and being amazing aggro. If you're going to attack someone, don't abuse people who don't agree with you.

Vlade

Social Outcast
reasons,
well i know sieg, he wouldn't lie about it or play the game as mafia in that way. the way he revealed his role on the first day is evidence enough. anthony said that its benefiual for town not to do so, so sieg does the opposite, cause its sieg.
liesha was playing it safe and since they are essentially the same person.
sure he doesn't think so proactivly but thats cause he believes you got nothing to go with.
sure we got some opinions, but they wont take into affect til day 2.
While I don't agree with your reasoning because I don't personally know Sieg, I no longer think Sieg is worthy of my vote anymore. While at the start he gave me the impression that he was unwilling to contribute, this post really overturns that in my eyes. It demonstrates his willingness to contribute when in a pinch and therefore I am taking off my vote.

Unvote: Sieg

Summoner: What is your motive for voting me?

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
1) Please enjoy this game and do not act in a manner that would make the game unenjoyable for others! (This includes personal attacks!)
3) Editing your posts is not allowed, and multi-posting is instead encouraged in its place. Any and all edits will be reversed!
4) If you are allowed to communicate with another player outside of this thread, then please follow the communication instructions within your role PM!
18) Failure to adhere to rules will result in replacement or modkill based on the moderator's discretion.​

Quoting some rules. Breaking rules results in hidden mod points with me modkilling/replacing you as/when I see fit!

Points of interest you guys should keep in mind:
No personal attacks. "X sucks at mafia, blah blah blah."
No editing your posts.
No talking about the game to anyone outside of this thread unless your role PM says so; this includes AIM/PM/IRC/IRL/etc... and includes comments such as "I think X is town/mafia." "Guys I really am town." Whether you are lying or are being truthful doesn't matter! No outside comments!

Everyone should make sure to read the rules once over, I'm not as nice as Vyse when it comes to modkilling! So if I see stuff happening again prepare for lots of fun!

vote count will come in a bit

unreon

Smash Ace
Summoner is pretty much watcher

I would say vlade is.... tracker

arrow is doc

And that leaves the mafia

Havent been wrong before
I'm curious to know why you think this. Just your reasons, that's all.

Sieg claiming Vanilla Town and his comeback to Vyse makes me inclined to believe in his innocence. However, I don't agree with him in the idea that Vyse may be mafia trying to control the Town's actions. Vyse has been open to examining all the information - probably more than us newbies can handle sometimes - from all angles. In this way I just see Vyse as trying to bring his experience to the forefront, and even make this a learning experience for all of us. But keep in mind Sieg that you are not completely off the hook, for one reason only: Vanilla Town is simply the townie with no abillities (Melancholy got this last game), and would be easy to claim safely. Other than that, I am leaning on 90% innocence.

OMGUS votes should be viewed entirely as a mafia action. Let's just agree to not do it on principle, and we can clear up lots of confusion and ****talk.

In regards to my Arrow vote, I don't see him as worthy for my vote today. It's not because I don't suspect him anymore - I still do - but I have decided to go after someone else. (sorry Arrow if your heart is breaking, I had to dump you D:)

Unvote: Arrow
FoS: Pete

His first post was to immediate vote for moose to "get all illogicalities out of this thread". This can be either a mafia move getting rid of a player with the reputation of a good nose, a town decision based on emotions leftover from last game, or simply a joke post. Because it's only a first post, I am willing to overlook this strange play and consider it the latter. Yet this gets the ball rolling on other things.

Pete has been in and out of this thread, but has still yet to make a strong presence on his thoughts and actions. If you see his posting history, he's made nine posts so far, and this is his biggest contribution:

Arrow pointing out mafia wouldn't vote no lynch, because of the suspicions of last game, but instead suggesting a perfectly random vote (which gets us to the same end location: no new information unless we luck out and hit mafia) indicates he's mafia trying to withhold information, in my opinion.

Vote: Arrow.
Although a valid claim, he then continues to break this line of logic:

Okay, now that's an awfully suspicious way to go about it. I'm placing most of my suspicion on Sieg and Arrow, but I'll keep my vote on Arrow for the reasons I've stated earlier. I just don't like that we could be risking doctor or cop on nothing.
Hang on. Sieg has claimed Vanilla Townie. Why is it that you think switching a vote from Arrow (who hasn't claimed a role) to Sieg (who has claimed Vanilla Townie). From the information presented, it seems odd that you think Sieg is suddenly a doctor or cop from his claim. Sieg claiming townie was to remove fingers pointing that he was mafia. It certainly was not to mislead the mafia in maybe sparing him tonight.

Sieg was put under the spotlight for being inactive at first, but came back with serious discussion. I wish to put Pete through the same motions.

I don't want to put a hard vote on you yet Pete, because you may be at work/doing other stuff. I'll give you a chance to wait for your response.

Pete278

Smash Lord
If you were cop and needed to claim at this early point in the game, wouldn't you want to call Townie to keep the mafia off your head just in case? If he called cop first day, we'd gain absolutely nothing from his death, so claiming vanilla townie is the only option to call first day, really.

undead_moose

Smash Lord
Unreon

You have done nothing but made a essay out of my post ....

Well at least people will listen to you

And michael has been pretty close to lynching and knowing him he would of claimed cop if he really was cop

Also getting this much attention as cop would be a stupid move

Something michael doesnt do but its only happening because of the pressure anthony is putting on him

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Unvote

Vyse: How do you feel about everyone's ideas and reactions about and during Vyse v Sieg. Please focus on Arrow, Moose, Vlade and Pete. Also, If you could choose who to lynch today, who would you pick if Sieg wasn't an option?

Lord Bowser, Unreon, Moose, Pete, Vlade and Arrow: If you could choose who to lynch for the next four days (today, Day 2, Day 3 and Day 4) who would you choose? Please explain at least today's lynch. If you don't wish to reveal anything, please reply with a reason to why you don't wish to reveal the information.

Sieg: If you could choose who to lynch today, who would you pick if Vyse wasn't an option?

Pete278

Smash Lord
Really, I don't know who I'd lynch. This Vyse vs Sieg war is confusing me greatly, and I'm still not sure who to trust out of the two, though I'm leaning towards Vyse, since Sieg has been pretty unhelpful towards town in some of his posts (rolecalling early, refusing to reveal information at points), though he has been quite helpful now. I'm still looking at Arrow for today, though I'm willing to move to someone else if we get a new target. So, I'd probably go for (at this point in time) Arrow today, Sieg tomorrow. Its too hard to project for days 3 and 4, though, since night kills, Arrow and Sieg's roles, etc. are too much information to try and project.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
To all, pretend that there are no night kills.

Use only the information you have now.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Regardless of how silly the reason is. I'd like to see all four slots filled.

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
Unvote

My vote on Sieg was mainly based on him not being helpful for town but he's started to contribute more and while hes not free of my suspicion I don't think he deserves my vote at this point in time.

Summoner today I'm most inclined to go with Arrow atm, he hasn't really said anything to help his situation and his logic has been pretty backwards which could indicate a slip as scum trying to save himself or simply just bad reasoning, nonetheless hes my main suspect atm.

After day 1 things get difficult as the next lynches would probably be based off if Arrow flipped town or not, pretending that isnt a factor though I'd have to say perhaps Unreon, he he hasn't posted much and could be because he doesn't want to attract to much attention to himself, Moose and Sieg are good options but Moose always plays like he knows everyones roles exactly and Sieg has been alot more active this game compared to last where he was mafia, though Sieg's hounding on Vyse draws suspicion.

Day 3 I'd say Sieg for reasons listed above

Day 4 If Sieg flipped town Vyse would be high on the list but perhaps someone like Vlade or even you, Vlade hasn't posted much and seems to be playing conservatively though he did that last game too where he was town. You would also be on my list assuming you kept leading town and we kept lynching townies, same goes for Vyse. Overall I really couldn't make a day 4 decision without knowledge of the actions of peple over the previous days but above are the people who would be in the running.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Well I think my job here is done.
Unvote

Though it wasn’t my original purpose for pressuring him, whether Sieg wanted to or not he’s given us plenty to look at amongst his rantings and ravings. I would have liked to see reads of him on people other than me, but given that I play with people with playstyles even more frustratingly tunnel-visioned (though purposely so) than Sieg’s, what we have from him is plenty. All I did was push him a little, and when the rest of the town got in on the act and continually called him inactive he snapped :p

More than that, we now have everybody else’s perceptions of the back and forth between Sieg and I to look at. So he ended up being very helpful, lol. And it seems after leaving me a pile of posts to deal with, he’s moved onto other fish, so I’m relatively happy with Sieg now. He doesn’t like being questioned straight up like I did, I guess that’s how he is.

For my read on Sieg, he has had a very set mentality for how he would play that may or may not be revolving around trying to knock me off my high horse more than anything. I don’t really care for it, but regardless the thing I like about Sieg’s play is that he’s willing to stick to his guns and refuse to be told what to do. He truly believes he has no credible information, which can be a good thing or a bad thing, depending on the situation. Somebody who won’t listen to wishy-washy wagons like the one I have been maintaining on LeishaSieg the whole game to force them into action can only be a good thing.

Anyway, better address everything that’s transpired between then and now.

Shut up.

Bring it on.

I'll win this war and you know it.
:laugh:

Also, with the next quote, my responses are in red.

Also yes. I can see everyone's amazing opinions.

Can you back up this claim? Although I've already looked.

Where are all these opinions?

All I see are scribbles of here and there information that people have put out.

You're not looking hard enough. Pretty sure at that point everybody had an opinion except you because you refused to give it, (except that I'm aparently Mafia for demanding activity from someone).

So far you've changed your vote about twenty times and I've made a conclusive decision on who to vote for. Summoner has poked his nose around. Vlade has made one good post on Pete. Unreon has made one good post in his very inactive game time. Moose had defended himself from your accusations and Pete has posted about how he'll "Wait for things to roll out."

Pretty sure the only two people I've voted on are Lord Bowser to generate discussion, Leisha for inactivity, and you for the same. Also 'So what?' for to the rest.

You HAVE **** **** ALL.

Preeeeetty sure I have plenty. Pretty sure I was able to give pretty decent reads on a number of players. Summoner's and my massive posts also stand to a testament of that. Also pretty sure people have plenty to base cases around me at the moment too. I'm just interested to see what they are.

You're poking at something I said because I've been working all day. I'm sure playing all those mafia games were really hard weren't they? And now you've suddenly thrown Leisha on myself?

HAHAHA.

You're using a person I'm not to try and convince people I'm not very active?

Here's your activity for you.

You're using your posts and the fact that half of the players will never look back on posts to your advantage, telling people that you have the "Opinions of the town" when they don't even have them THEMSELVES?

Give me a break. TL:DR posts and herding won't get you through this game Anthony.

If we had the town's opinions on record, WE WOULD HAVE LYNCHED SOMEONE ALREADY.

No. I'm sticking with what I've said. I'm pointing the finger squarely at you.

Trolling me only shows how scared you are. You've run off to hide because I'm close to the truth this close to the start of the game, and now you're trying to cover up all tracks.

If you actually bothered to look people, you'd see that Leisha was alot more active than most of the players here, and she even stirred the pot so to speak.

But you twisted those words Anthony, and now you're twisting mine.

I won't let you.
Pretty sure you're the one twisting my words. When you replace into a game you bear the play of your predecessor completely, and you have to deal with rectifying or maintaining whatever situation they were in before leaving.

Also lol @ Leisha stirring or actually doing anything.

well for one i think sieg is town. a boring townie.

yeah its a condtridiciton taken at face value.
i said mafia would want to vote for a lynch to blend in.(which is only because of the previous game) (1)
the reaction i got from "1".. which was like a ..."no mafia would want a no lynch". (2)
but if i played mafia, ide go for the no lynch. also that its generally a smarter idea to do as mafia. (3)
hmm how to put this (1) was before (2) which altered my (3).
there i explained the contridiction -,-'

@pete
well you gotta risk it for the biscuit. your cowardice is what makes you sus.
FoS:pete
Okay then. Given your change of heart, I want you to answer this question one more time:
If you were mafia, given the current state of the game, how would you proceed?

so if ive been keeping track.. which i haven't ill update it if someones got a problem
town is like split

The A team: (we know how you work in your brain box)
Arrow, moose, sieg

THe B..um team: (we try to look logical and fair, also like to quote and reference)
vyse, summoner, vlade, pete

The Sea team: (we are not active enough...the biggest losers =P)
unreon, lord bowser

i think there is 2-3 mafia
.. and i wonder where they would hide...
That part in bold worries me since we know how many Mafia there are.

reasons,
well i know sieg, he wouldn't lie about it or play the game as mafia in that way. the way he revealed his role on the first day is evidence enough. anthony said that its benefiual for town not to do so, so sieg does the opposite, cause its sieg.
liesha was playing it safe and since they are essentially the same person.
sure he doesn't think so proactivly but thats cause he believes you got nothing to go with.
sure we got some opinions, but they wont take into affect til day 2.
I agree with this post. It coincides with what I believe.

But Leisha didn't play it safe at all.

She came out and voted Vyse.

You're the one who is sitting there waiting for a chance to happen.

Also note that Vyse voted Leisha straight after she voted for him, and then, and I quote.

"The theory is that LeishaChu does not wish to cast a vote because she is scum and does not want to have her play scrutinised. The policy reason is that a player who is not willing to scum hunt and wishes to ride on other player's theories is a good lynch to make."

Even AFTER he realised that she had voted for him, he didn't answer questions posed to him by Summoner asking about why he voted straight after, knocking them away with cheap lines like.

"I quoted that part of your post because I thought it was a funny Freudian slip. And because I'm immature"
Er I did. I said that that post was ninja'd by Leisha's vote on me. You've seen how long my posts are. I think it's fairly reasonable to believe that I might have missed it in the 5-10 minutes I spent reading, thinking and typing my reply which came two minutes after hers.

And then replying to Summoner's use of the word OMGUS.

"But that doesn't matter, because it's not really an OMGUS vote.

An OMGUS (Oh My God You Suck) vote refers to a vote done in direct retaliation to somebody's vote or argument against you."

When he should have been replying to Leisha's vote.
Leisha's vote itself was OMGUS more than anything. So considering the little weight it carried, I decided to leave it alone.

He does indeed reply to it in the same post, WITH THE SAME QUOTE HE USED.

If he had really wanted to call out Leisha for not wanting to get her votes scrutinized, he would have called out HIS OWN VOTE, and questioned it thoroughly.

Why did you dodge this Vyse? Why did you vote for Leisha straight after she voted for you?
I've explained this multiple times both then and just now.
I've learned from my mistake and accept that town doesn't like 'I was ninja'd' as a mistake.

This is probably one of the few short comings of Forum mafia. That and quick lynching where mafia moves in on a lynch when others don't have a chance to sway opinion etc.

Bowser

I made it clear that i knew who the mafia was

I tried to make many deals with the town to trust me and asked them to follow me for ONE DAY and it was all but rejected because of tunnel vision

anthonys essays have done nothing BUT tunnel vision all of this onto michael
Untrue. One of my last large posts addresses multiple players including Summoner, Vlade, Sieg and Arrow. http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=9348933&postcount=175

Also Summoner, you've explained what I was trying to say perfectly.

How can Vyse say that we have something to go on when it's Day one?

All we've seen is random votes and bandwagoning and the biggest flip flop ever. I'm glad you see that Vyse and his "Opinions" don't mean jack ****.
See:

We do have things to go on though, peoples actions.
This is the response :)

While I don't agree with your reasoning because I don't personally know Sieg, I no longer think Sieg is worthy of my vote anymore. While at the start he gave me the impression that he was unwilling to contribute, this post really overturns that in my eyes. It demonstrates his willingness to contribute when in a pinch and therefore I am taking off my vote.

Unvote: Sieg

Summoner: What is your motive for voting me?
This post demonstrates the kind of attitude I was looking for in this situation.

[/LEFT]
[/CENTER]

Quoting some rules. Breaking rules results in hidden mod points with me modkilling/replacing you as/when I see fit!

Points of interest you guys should keep in mind:
No personal attacks. "X sucks at mafia, blah blah blah."
No editing your posts.
No talking about the game to anyone outside of this thread unless your role PM says so; this includes AIM/PM/IRC/IRL/etc... and includes comments such as "I think X is town/mafia." "Guys I really am town." Whether you are lying or are being truthful doesn't matter! No outside comments!

Everyone should make sure to read the rules once over, I'm not as nice as Vyse when it comes to modkilling! So if I see stuff happening again prepare for lots of fun!

vote count will come in a bit
Thanks Xiivi :p

Really, I don't know who I'd lynch. This Vyse vs Sieg war is confusing me greatly, and I'm still not sure who to trust out of the two, though I'm leaning towards Vyse, since Sieg has been pretty unhelpful towards town in some of his posts (rolecalling early, refusing to reveal information at points), though he has been quite helpful now. I'm still looking at Arrow for today, though I'm willing to move to someone else if we get a new target. So, I'd probably go for (at this point in time) Arrow today, Sieg tomorrow. Its too hard to project for days 3 and 4, though, since night kills, Arrow and Sieg's roles, etc. are too much information to try and project.
Wishy Washy, Wishy Washy. X has been unhelpful but he is now. Want to vote this guy, but willing to change. There's no commitment in this post.

=-=-=-=

Unvote

Vyse: How do you feel about everyone's ideas and reactions about and during Vyse v Sieg. Please focus on Arrow, Moose, Vlade and Pete. Also, If you could choose who to lynch today, who would you pick if Sieg wasn't an option?
I'll try to be brief.

Moose: He knew what was going on.

Arrow: Very difficult to read. He took the logical route and defended Sieg. It would be too good of an opportunity for Mafia not to take. Defending a person who somebody else seemed to be grilling for no reason.

Pete: Awfully uncommitted and careful.

Vlade: He played the way I was looking for.

NOW, I have some more reading to do before I decide to vote again. It will probably be my last vote of the day, unless something amazing happens.

PS: Stop stalking me Summoner :lick:

Pete278

Smash Lord
I worded that badly, Vyse. What I meant was if someone else slips up pretty majorly, I'll move to them, but other than that, I'm sticking my vote on Arrow.

Pete278

Smash Lord
Oh, and I only just noticed thanks to Vyse's quote, that Sieg used quotation marks to imply I said something I actually didn't. I didn't even imply I'd wait for things to roll out. I'm still sticking my vote on Arrow, and at this point in time, if we had to lynch right now, I'd still lynch him. I'm not uncommitted without a vote on anyone, before someone else tries to imply I'm doing that.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Oops. I forgot to address the second half of your question Summoner.

Well, either way I'm going to answer that in my next post. lol.

unreon

Smash Ace
After day 1 things get difficult as the next lynches would probably be based off if Arrow flipped town or not, pretending that isnt a factor though I'd have to say perhaps Unreon, he he hasn't posted much and could be because he doesn't want to attract to much attention to himself
In the last three days that I think this game has been running, I've been out all day and all night to come home too pooped to think about Mafia. In fact, I didn't even know it was going on until I made that first post LOL Yesterday I had SD/Jaz/Kulla/Pat over for a meet which ran till 4am and today I just came back from a family outing. So I try to make one post a night at least and be productive, which is why they might be essays. But here on out I can join in a bit more.

Unreon

You have done nothing but made a essay out of my post ....
Yeah, it's just that I came to the same conclusions on my own and thought Pete should elaborate.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Unreon, could you answer my question?

I'd like to see someone's opinion who wasn't around during most of the day :]

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
your fishing for reactions is annoying summonner.
Vote:pete

you seem to already decided to lynch me anyway day 2 or at some point. like you got the whole game planned out. and ive covered why i think your suspicious in the FoS post. and OMGUS(still)S

a vyses question: what would me mafia do?
answer: probably pick on the weakest link, the most illogical. people are more responsive to logic in this game and the illogical people in the game, are probably me and pete and bowser. it is kinda saying i am mafia since i voted for pete... this is kinda what town would do aswell since illogicals dont help town much. This condtridicts previous statement but a mafia would be trying to blend in the first few days. Or atleast ide be that mafia.
i wouldn't pick on the person who voted for me, that could be easily tracked back to me. OMGUS
plently of illogicals in this game tho XD
i find this question hard since mafia try to blend in with town :S

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Day 1 Vote Count 4

Sieg - (0)
Lord Bowser - (0)
Pete278 - SummonerAU, xXArrowXx (
)
SummonerAU - (0)
undead_moose - (0)
unreon - (0)
Vyse - Sieg, undead_moose (
)
Vlade - (0)
xXArrowXx - Pete278 (
)

Not Voting - Vlade, Lord Bowser, Vyse, unreon (
)

Deadline for Day 1 is January 28th, 2010 9:00PM AEST. With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch!

Top Bottom