• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

X or Y? - PT Social

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I understand where you're coming from, Bomber, since I took Lee to his last life both games in-tourney, but we really should just listen to Toby, haha. He plays against Shaya too much for his own good. :p
:ohwell: idk. Imo I don't think I have too much of a problem against Marth, I think it's because I'm familiar with Marth's basic mechanics so it's not like I'm fighting in the dark. The only problem I have is my skill level, which currently is probably really really low due to lack of practice. Though I have no one to play Brawl against Johns. However I will say this, theres a friend I know from somewhere in New England who I played WiFi all the time with. He had a killer Marth, that's when I learned about that Zero to death combo on Squirtle. We never got lag and it was great practice. My point is, I just don't feel uncomfortable with Marth and I don't feel if I lose I get wrecked and it is merely because I'm playing a person who is just better than me.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
MARTH HAS A SWORD.

Oh wait this isn't the Marth General Discussion!

Lol typical MGD filler in the PTST answering someones questions.

It took me a long while to choose either GARY OR LANCE OR TEAM ROCKET LANCE, but I chose Gary.

GOLD/SILVER FOR ****ING EVER.

"Smell ya later kids"

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=10434883&postcount=295

Bestiarius

Smash Ace
My friend had a terribad Marth. He didn't even approach with fair. He would just walk up to me. When I was Ivysaur. And he couldn't SDI to save his life. BULLET SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED!!!!!!!!! Soooo funny. I could just spam Razor Leaf and he would approach and get *****. As such, I tend to have a low respect of Marth. I mean, he's good against, us and all; I just have never played a really good one.

Vermy

Smash Champion

That newly and already old meme aside, after stalking other character boards (this time ICs) and seeing how they fiddle with their social threads, they had something I'd not lament stealing. A lot of their players, have made a little FAQ/Bio about themselves.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=235468
Click some of the names in the first post. (I read Lain and Hylian's ^_^)
I reckon it's a great idea =D. Make our PT brotherhood (as far as I'm aware there are no female PT mains) stronger, as well as just get a general idea what y'all are like irl. SuSa could add links to them in the first post =D. (if you do, I'll suggest some awesome J-Rock/Anime music XD)

Thoughts?

Bios I'd like to see:
Reflex
Toby.
Miles
Typh

Bestiarius

Smash Ace
Agreed. I don't think there are any female PT mains either, but a female gamer is a friend of the PT boards. By this reference, I mean the Samus main Hive. How about everybody do bios? Should we go in some kind of order or just shotgun them? And who would organize them? Let's do it!

Vermy

Smash Champion
well it's 3am here, and i'm heading to bed so i won't do mine now, but yeah. Just do it whenever. We can ask SuSa to put links to them in the first post ^_^

Bestiarius

Smash Ace
It's 1:30 in the afternoon here, and I'm done with college for the day, but I'll do mine later. What kinda stuff do y'all want us to put in our bios?

Bomber7

Smash Hero
As cool as bios are and it would be for me to write one, as long as you don't have for my life's story I'll be ok. I don't like talking about my past. To just give you a little taste, last year was what I consider to be the very first good school year/ year overall of my 17 years of living.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I'll make one sometime this weekend then. I'll just warn everyone in advance that mine is gonna be long. Writer, sorry. :p

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
So just the other night I went and played this really ALMOST EVEN MATCH UP Marth has with pokemon trainer for 3 hours with Toby,

the number of matches we played, and the ratio of how many Pokemon Trainer won, was severely close to even, and not skewed to maybe 2 wins out of 20-30 matches.

Marth definitely has hard issues not dieing to Ivysaur after she gets a grab and fthrows me. It sucks.
And let's not talk about Squirtles grab release to jab, killing me at the ledge at like 50.
****ing bull**** squirtle.

Oh, and let's DEFINITELY not talk about Brinstar. And Marth's lacking of ability to **** every ledge on it.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Yeah, that forward throw to uair, to like 5 fairs on Charizard at 0%, the combo i forgot about thats stupidly hard for Zard to avoid, like isn't really damaging.

Remembering that time you switched from ivy to zard and were like "that was worth it" then you WENT OH **** because i didnt just fthrow -> fsmash you? :) it was like 60%~~~~~~

Blitzmidfielder

Smash Journeyman
They're lying.

They're doing this to get my hopes up and dash them into thousands of broken pieces, gather the shards into a bag, go to the PokeMart, and sell it under the label of 'stardust'.

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Id have lowballed them and said that the stardust seemed to be thinking........ oh silly pokemart's and their inability to see if an item is real(lol action replay)

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
So who's first up for the bio then? And we're following the bios from the IC boards, yes? Meaning we'll be posting more random snippets instead of a tl;dr paragraph.

Vermy

Smash Champion

I'll go first!

This is a photo from about a year ago, when i had long hair.

Vermy wants to write this in 3rd person.
Vermy is a dude.
Vermy is currently 21 years old, turning 22 on December 19.
Vermy is 5'9" and 65kgs (143 pounds)
Vermy has 2 rings in his left nostril and one in his septum.
Vermy wears alot of bling. (i.e. rings, necklaces, grillz, massive belt buckles)
Vermy mains Pokémon Trainer and seconds Snake.
Vermy dabbles in playing Falco, Ness and Donkey Kong.
Vermy mained Young Link and Samus in Melee.
Vermy has been playing Smash since 64 and Pokémon since Red and Blue.
Vermy is currently engaged to the totally hot babe you see in the pic above.
Vermy is a peculiar mixture of Australian, English, Irish, Vietnamese and Chinese.
Vermy speaks Australian. Not English.
Vermy is a Born-Again Christian.
Vermy has a very big cursing problem. F*ck.
Vermy listens to a very broad range in music, but has a soft spot for Metal, Rock and certain kinds of Electronica.
Vermy loves these bands (in no particular order):
-Demon Hunter
-Slipknot
-Amon Amarth
-Angelspit
-Devildriver
-Skillet
-Three Days Grace

Vermy has 7 siblings, although only 2 are full blood, the other 5 are half-siblings.
Vermy has an addiction to Vanilla Coke and Skittles.
Vermy loves anime and almost anything Japanese. <3
Vermy disovered that his favourite Ramen restauraunt closed down yesterday :(
Vermy's favourite Pokémon is Arcanine.
Vermy used to be the vocalist in an almost-famous Groove Metal band.
Vermy works in a video game arcade and does freelance graphic design on the side.
Vermy plays Street Fighter III: Third Strike almost as much as he plays Smash.
Vermy needs his phone to live.
Vermy has been told he is an amazing player, but feels he chokes in tournament >_<
Vermy is the guy that people in his region go to ask questions about Brawl's metagame.
Vermy is very proud of the previous fact.
Vermy can burp his ABC's.
Vermy always forgets to do his washing.
Vermy was clinically diagnosed with ADHD at 10 years old.
Vermy hates ice climbers and wishes their infinites were banned/capped.
Vermy has met/gotten drunk with famous people you've probably never heard of.
Vermy loves Jagermeister.

Vermy wears glasses because he is short-sighted.
Vermy has a short temper.
Vermy intends on tattooing his entire right arm with pokemon, anime, video game and comic book characters.
Vermy's fiance loves video games almost as much as he does.
Vermy has 6 different hats he likes to wear, including a top hat and a cowboy hat.
Vermy used to have REALLY long hair, but cut it off cos he got bored one day.
Vermy likes to cause trouble when people look at him funny.
Vermy doesn't stop talking except when he feels awkward.
Vermy is LOUD when he gets excited.
Vermy is self absorbed, and ok with it.
Vermy watches Scrubs, How I met Your Mother, 30 Rock and Supernatural religiously.
Vermy is relatively lazy.
Vermy is very impatient.

Vermy's homepage on his mobile's web browser is his subscriptions page on Smashboards.
Vermy will probably be a Tournament Organiser next year. =D
Vermy thinks he's badass, but is a big softie.
Vermy wants to be a backroom member not for bragging rights, but for the respect/recognition achievement that comes with it.
Vermy forgot what he was going to say.
Vermy can't sleep before 2am, and if he does its because he fell asleep at 5pm.
Vermy likes attention.
Vermy hopes people will like him more now that they know more about him. =3
Vermy will probably add more to this, because as previously stated, he is self absorbed.

This is what happens when Vermy doesn't use enough product to hold his mohawk up.

Top Bottom