• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

X or Y? - PT Social

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I took a day to learn all the AT's for squirlte: hydroplane, forward hydroplane, hydro grab, hydrosmash: forward (reversed, still working on actually landing it forward) and down down smash; sliding d-smash... I think that's it off the top of my head.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Electivire is severely overrated. He's way too slow on his own and needs Speed support to sweep successfully. Once you know someone uses an Electivire, just watch out for a switch-in and counter it appropriately.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Electivire is severely overrated. He's way too slow on his own and needs Speed support to sweep successfully. Once you know someone uses an Electivire, just watch out for a switch-in and counter it appropriately.
Thunderpunch/Ice Punch/Cross Chop/Earthquake beats Normal, Fire, Water, Grass, Ice, Electric, Dark, Steel, Dragon, Ground, Rock, Flying, and Poison. Choice Scarf with base 123 Attack is still pretty scary, and average Speed with a Choice Band or Life Orb can cause a lot of pain. If an Electivire gets in unscathed, it can cause some serious problems.

That being said, Speed does hold it back from being a staple, but it's still quite a good Pokemon.

Magik0722

Smash Champion
Sure he hits alot for super effective but his moves are just too weak base 75 power is pitiful, there need to be a better physical electric move, hell more physical moves that arent ground or rock or fighting

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I just wish Electivire was a Special Attacker. My poor EV'd Electabuzz from FR gained no SA and LOST Speed. XD

Don't get me wrong, though; Elecivire is a good Pokemon. Just not as amazing as he's hyped to be by some people.

Bestiarius

Smash Ace
Beast is holding the electivizer!
Beast was traded!
What? Beast is Evolving!
Congratulations! Your Electabuzz evolved into Electivire!

Ok, now what?

Edit: How fitting. With this post, I evolved from a Smash Journeyman to a Smash Apprentice! Yay!

Phiddlesticks

Smash Lord
I think he meant DrAgOnIc dLx RoCk SmAsH dAsHiNg

Also 110 power including stab is pretty terrible lol. Seriously, Pinsir's Close Combat is stronger than Electivire's Thunderpunch

Vermy

Smash Champion
But close combat is amazing. I almost creamed my pants when my Adamant natured Staraptor learned it in pearl.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
vire's problem is that he's kind of like a jack of trades when it comes to sweeping...he's not strong enough to completely run over the most common defensive walls and not fast enough to outspeed and revenge kill the biggest threats (unless you get him in on an electric attack)

that said, he can **** if the opponent's team is unprepared for him...like pretty much anything else in pokemon these days...

Blitzmidfielder

Smash Journeyman
Electivire?

Mindgames, son. He's great. One Motor Drive should make him faster than most pokemon in OU, at least.

He gets a good selection of sweeping moves, in any case. I like Cross Chop, Ice Punch, Thunderbolt... I can't remember my 4th move. Maybe Earthquake. Earthquake's got great type coverage.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Teaming Electivire with Gyarados is too obvious though.

One of these days I'm gonna toss in a magikarp vs. a random Zapdos and THEN use it to set up motor drive.

Then I'll scream to my foe "WADDA TWIST!" over and over again IRL.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
I love wrecking Electivire with Venusaur.
Good thing Electivire learns Fire Punch for random lulz moments like Venusaur. <3

I swear the only reason I teach my Electivire Fire Punch is so I can whip it out on random weird people who like Grass pokemon.

Seriously, grass pokemon suck. Just look at Ivysaur or Bellsprout. Useless little veggies.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Good thing Electivire can't KO a Venusaur cuz he's a tank.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
When you get to Olivine City, tell me if they do the Battle Tower in level multiples of 10.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
how many people here play shoddy? i might start again
I used to, but for whatever reason, I prefer raising Pokemon on my cartridge.

I just get them to level 50 if there's nothing worth getting higher for. I'm not one for the Metagross and Tyranitar of the games, so that rarely happens...although I recently had to get my Relicanth to level 78 for Head Smash.

I think I have a little over 500 hours logged on my Platinum cart.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I used to, but for whatever reason, I prefer raising Pokemon on my cartridge.

I just get them to level 50 if there's nothing worth getting higher for. I'm not one for the Metagross and Tyranitar of the games, so that rarely happens...although I recently had to get my Relicanth to level 78 for Head Smash.

I think I have a little over 500 hours logged on my Platinum cart.
Same here. I'm too old-school for Shoddy, haha.

Haven't played Platinum as much. I only have 150 hours on that one. My Pearl has about 600, though.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
pffft how can you say you know the metagame when you don't play shoddy =( do you guys battle a lot over wi-fi then?
I used to Wi-Fi a LOOOOT. Most of my battles lasted about 1-1.5 hours, haha. I have no Wi-Fi at college, though. :(

Dark Knights Master

Smash Rookie
yo i chosen u 2 join my klan on online their called the dark knights if ur interested reply back we r all pro in smash bros. brawl my friend code is 5241-2098-1137 ill give u more info on dark knights if u dont think were strong then vs me and ill show what we can do................ur maybe asking how should i know well im their leader

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
pffft how can you say you know the metagame when you don't play shoddy =( do you guys battle a lot over wi-fi then?
I've been playing online since the GSBots on mIRC, and even when I haven't been playing, I've been keeping up with the metagame.

I know a lot about Pokemon.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
we wait for reflex to comment on the matchup, and then go with whatever he says

also

i used to be really huge into advance and netbattle. i once beat chaos, the owner of smogon. but i could never get into dp, i really dislike how you can lose to an inferior player simply because of a choice scarf or something. and you can't possibly have an answer for everything in the metagame so inevitably you'll lose to something dumb every once in a while. i just think that the skill component isn't as important as it used to be.

i still love ingame pokemon though

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Metagame discussion at Smogon gets pretty deep, and they're constantly updating things (and getting Smogon to update something no matter how minor makes me feel good lol). I have not yet played on Shoddy, but I have a pretty good idea how the metagame works, although I more or less ignore popularity statistics when I create my own teams (on my Diamond/Platinum games).

Top Bottom