• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

X or Y? - PT Social

DemonFart

Smash Lord
I never had XD, I just had colosseum for the GC and I think I'm close to Ho-oh. The only pokemon games I play now are Red-crystal. And sometimes, Platinum.

:094:

T-block

B2B TST
I have an Impish Lugia from XD :)

Impish #249 Lugia: 17 / 18 / 18 / 14 / 24 / 27

Hidden Power Type is 'Poison'. Hidden Power Power is 49.

Knows Featherdance/Psycho Boost/EQ/Hydro Pump, is level 50
twinkssssss

it's squirtster/squiser/squfajsdlkfj; ^^

i will catch you on colin's channel sometime so i can steal that lugia mkay?

EDIT: so how many people do we got at genesis? pokemonmasterIRL, reflex, tcr? are they all going 100% PT?

reflex beasted through his pools o.o

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
and typh

i am dying to know how they are doing. hope there are some recorded matches.

Phiddlesticks

Smash Lord
AiB has pool results up: http://allisbrawl.com/event.aspx?id=5665

Just click on names and scroll down a bit to see their pool and how they did. Reflex got 1st, Typh got 2nd behind UTD Zac, IRL got 5th. TCR's pool didn't have results :s From what I've heard top 3 in each pool advance. There are similar pages for Brawl Doubles, Melee Singles/Doubles, etc. Have fun.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
It's too bad there's no live stream for this--I was dying to see some of Reflex's matches. Glad Texas is doing well, too. :D

DemonFart

Smash Lord
No live stream broke my heart, I wanted to see Reflex too. Ah well, twitter is better then nothing I suppose.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Well, I'm out. Lost to Zex doing generic Dedede things against my Wario and lost to Futile, who is an outright better player than I am.

Apparently, I'm much better than all the other PT players there, though (at least, in the ditto, hah). I should take pride in that.

DemonFart

Smash Lord
D'awwww, good going anyway, Reflex.<3
I lol'd when I heard you 2 stocked Tyrant's MK with PT in a friendly.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
At the very least, I've beaten a lot of great players in money matches and friendlies--

Tyrant, FOW, ADHD, mikeHAZE, Ultimate Razer...probably more, and I'll play some matches when I get to the Ramada later tonight, but we'll see what happens.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Good stuff regardless, Reflex. You always do the PT community proud. :D

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Typh would've gotten farther at Genesis if he hydrojabbed to ftilted more.

I mean sheesh, I finally discover the tech he wanted and he goes missing for a week.

*rant rave Typh doesn't love me anymore :<*

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
genesis was boring as ****

i don't consider myself a pokemon trainer main any more

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
we've known this for months now, typh, you obviously aren't a pt main

you are a squirtle main

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
So I was talking to this guy online and he kept trying to convince me ivysaur is good against marth.
:093:
im beginning to think ivysaur is worse than ganon
You guys are effing crazy. Ivysaur/Marth is hardly unwinnable, and Ganon BLOWS. Ivysaur has some good matchups, at least...

Raimundo

Smash Apprentice
LOL? Ivysaur is good if you know how to space properly, use Nair, Usmash, recover efficiently, and spam Razor Leaf. =3

Miles.

Smash Champion
Ivysaur is good against marth. Oos Bair *****. Bulletseed ***** Dancing Blade. Razorleaf makes it so you don't have to approach. With tap jump off you can edgegaurd/gimp marth well.

Ivy wrecks ganon. Ganon is only bad because his recovery.

PkTrainerCris

Smash Ace
Ivysaur is good against marth. Oos Bair *****. Bulletseed ***** Dancing Blade. Razorleaf makes it so you don't have to approach. With tap jump off you can edgegaurd/gimp marth well.

Ivy wrecks ganon. Ganon is only bad because his recovery.
Why do you have to set tap jump off?? :/
Anyway, ivy is usable against marth IMO, he has range, can shieldgrab, proyectiles.... anyway is not very good if marth gets belows you... but that applies on any matchup...

I havent been shielding too much as ivy...i mean......... why shielding when you can buuuuuuuuuuuuuuullet seeeeeeeeeeeed? :p

Miles.

Smash Champion
You have tap jump of so you can UP B cancel edgehog repeatedly in a row safely. (And tap jump of you save your jump, it isn't used when you up B three times.)

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
You have tap jump of so you can UP B cancel edgehog repeatedly in a row safely. (And tap jump of you save your jump, it isn't used when you up B three times.)
Couldn't you just use your double-jump and do it just as easily with tap jump on, then?

Granted, having your double-jump is always more useful, but it could make it easier in that case.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
the thing i don't like in that matchup is that if marth does manage to get you in a disadvantageous spot or zone, it's very very difficult for ivy to reset to neutral imo...and even when you are playing the matchup right, it's a pretty tedious, patient process until you get the opening for a bullet seed or edgeguard.

Miles.

Smash Champion
@ reflex
Yes you can do it without turning tap jump off. I just would never find it worth the risk if you don't have your second jump. Ivys second jump is really high and tethers go good range so idk. I just like being safe and its much safer attepmting the edgehog know you saved your jump.

Top Bottom