• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

X or Y? - PT Social

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I'm a Missingno starter.

In other words,

Squirtle in the morning
Squirtle in the evening
There ain't no other rocksmash like me thats breathing.

Srsly, I switch inbetween stocks like who cares how many times so i can get one rocksmash to go back to squirtle to **** more.

dre_89_

Smash Cadet
Ok now everyone is saying do what suits you, but really in terms of the metagame there'd be one sole strategy that is the best, just like how there'd be one pokemon that is generally better than the others.

So far from what I've read there are 4 general starter/switching strategies

1. KO switching- Straightforward really
2. Percent switching- Switching in at certain percents to capitalise on certain pokemon's strengths etc.
3. Sacrifice switching- Sacrificing the worst of the 3, usually Ivysaur
4. Matchup switching- Trying to keep one in the one with the best matchup.

My point is ultimately one of these would be the best one, but which one is it, because alot of PTs say different things on these boards, and to be honest I don't think most of them are really qualified to give their opinion as guidance, if you're not placing well in big tournaments, or aren't in that backroom thing or whatever, you probably shouldn't be telling other people what to do. Not attacking those people, I did that once too, say my opinion as if it were fact, I just want the best PTs to say what the best strategy is.

dre_89_

Smash Cadet
Typh what I'm basically saying is what is the best starter/switching strategy, everyone says it depends what suits you, but really one would ultimately be the best, and I'm asking the top PTs, I don't just wnat everyone and anyone posting their opinion.

Toby.

Smash Master
I agree with typh.

Case in point: charizard's dthrow. Whilst we SAY its bad, in fact its charizard's best kill throw, so everyone should be using it far more.

it kills at like 100%. too goods.

dre: the issue is that your switch order entirely depends on what character and play style you are up against. Its impossible to say who should start first or who should fulfill what role when we aren't speaking in the context of an actual match.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
tcranter has no idea.

You'll use Ivysaur if you're playing a scrub.
Charizard if you're playing a scrub.
Squirtle for everyone who isn't a scrub.
And you switch away from Squirtle purely to not make them realise that Squirtle should also only be used against scrubs.

Toby.

Smash Master
Not entirely, its an extremely important factor.

For example, a lot of people like to start with squirtle. Against characters with air release options / 0-deaths on squirtle this is generally a pretty bad move.

Charizard is a good stock tank, but against snake charizard is a very poor stock tank due to snakes ability to demolish zard with dthrow tech chasing.

And call me Toby. Everyone else does :)

Miles.

Smash Champion
Toby you know Zards dthrow doesn't kill until like 170 if they know how to DI right?

Please tell me that "dthrow kills at 100%" was a joke.

Eljin

Smash Ace
ok we blo but n e 1 have brawl FC's cuz I jus got online wit it nd I wanna play... Im late I kno! nd i kno this dsnt go here but sum comments are way to the left so sue me

Bomber7

Smash Hero
ok we blo but n e 1 have brawl FC's cuz I jus got online wit it nd I wanna play... Im late I kno! nd i kno this dsnt go here but sum comments are way to the left so sue me
1) Learn to spell type with spelling and grammatical accuracy; period
2) http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=192691
3) I hate to assume eventually this thread will overshadow the thread in the link in #2, actually I'm sadly admitting that this thread has; period.

Eljin

Smash Ace
1) grammatically correct your own **** post plz i kno how to spell just fine, its only the internet who cares about spell check when we in here talkin bout pokemon. dnt take it there Bomb7

2) thx 4 the link

Eljin

Smash Ace
the BIG contradiction i kno lol. naw but ima cool dude Bomb is my boy tho.

say, the next big tourney in or near Philly u guys should consider comin 2. I'll b there 4 ****s nd giggles even if i dnt enter. Tourneys contain many complexities than i can describe... gotta b here 2 believe it.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Sorry about the post, just under some stress >>

keeping it bottled is what I do and I know it's bad. Though I'm letting it go with positive **** like laughing at funny thoughts so I'm feeling better.

Anyway for a new subject...........................................................................

Edit: We shall discuss my signature. :p

It is no lie.

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
Wow, haven't been here in a while. What's shaking everybody?

Just thought I'd share something I recently got. I've wanted to get an extremely well done team picture of my favourite Pokemon and a character I sorta use to represent myself, so at an anime convention around 2 months ago I found a cute Indonesian girl that was happy to do it for me (although it was very expensive...but it was my birthday. Screw the rules, I have money?) She sent me the final result, and I'm in love with it.

Now for all of you to throw junk at me...

I originally asked for Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard to be in the picture. Espeon, Corsola and Ambipom weren't there. But before she started, I thought deeply about it, especially with the releases of Heart Gold and Soul Silver coming up. I don't really like those three outside of Smash, and the other three Pokemon I mentioned before were ones that I really wanted to play through Heart Gold with. So in the end, I chose those three over the PT Pokemon. Sorry! D=

*hides behind shield*

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
I dare someone to out-pun me
Dear typh,

i've been meaning to raichu this letter...this letter of luv(disc included with a "personal" video and some pictures!). truth is, i've been seaking for a special someone...someone that'd let me smoochum all over. someone i could rhydon like a horsea. someone that would happily gulpin anything i put in their mouth. someone worth mawile. wynaut my pokemon trainer mentor and hero? :)

i've never felt anything like this for someone before. the closest i ever got was when i metagross ho - oh, that reminds me, sometimes i get sort of a "hot" flare on my taill(ow) and my poor weedle spear(ow!!)...hope that's okay!

ps: can i pikachu when you shower

pps: ho-oh-sexual

Miles.

Smash Champion
Wow, haven't been here in a while. What's shaking everybody?

Just thought I'd share something I recently got. I've wanted to get an extremely well done team picture of my favourite Pokemon and a character I sorta use to represent myself, so at an anime convention around 2 months ago I found a cute Indonesian girl that was happy to do it for me (although it was very expensive...but it was my birthday. Screw the rules, I have money?) She sent me the final result, and I'm in love with it.

Now for all of you to throw junk at me...

I originally asked for Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard to be in the picture. Espeon, Corsola and Ambipom weren't there. But before she started, I thought deeply about it, especially with the releases of Heart Gold and Soul Silver coming up. I don't really like those three outside of Smash, and the other three Pokemon I mentioned before were ones that I really wanted to play through Heart Gold with. So in the end, I chose those three over the PT Pokemon. Sorry! D=

*hides behind shield*
Dear typh,

i've been meaning to raichu this letter...this letter of luv(disc included with a "personal" video and some pictures!). truth is, i've been seaking for a special someone...someone that'd let me smoochum all over. someone i could rhydon like a horsea. someone that would happily gulpin anything i put in their mouth. someone worth mawile. wynaut my pokemon trainer mentor and hero? :)

i've never felt anything like this for someone before. the closest i ever got was when i metagross ho - oh, that reminds me, sometimes i get sort of a "hot" flare on my taill(ow) and my poor weedle spear(ow!!)...hope that's okay!

ps: can i pikachu when you shower

pps: ho-oh-sexual
wow when did the pt boards start ****** so hard. yuuki you are in the back room just because your pic is awesome plus i heard you are acutally decent.

Miles.

Smash Champion
hahaha

handing out PTBR passes like candy. delicious candy.

I don't have any complaints :)
thats all it is is rare candies.

when you read the like 100pages in the backroom you definately level up.

and if he doesnt post some more amazing pics in the PTBR hes gone.

lol

jk

but really?

:chuckle::lick::confused::(:):confused::lick::lick::urg::urg::urg::urg::urg::urg::urg:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I've been in the PTBR before.

Its quite lulz that its full of steeler being like OMG TOBY HOW COULD YOU NOT ****ING SEE DO THAT; USING SNAKE.

or Typh is like TYPH DASHING IS EPIC AT, IVYSAUR IS AWESOME.

and reflex is like "lol, I'm too good for this BR, but I'm still going to remind you guys on a daily basis that I am just that"

;)

Toby.

Smash Master
get your accusations outta here.

typh doesn't even use pokemon trainer so i don't see why he would ever mention typh dashing. peach main for life, yo.

we mostly talk about knitting. sometimes we post pictures.

Vermy

Smash Champion
so i got a hold of project SA, right.
hoping to make:
Squirtle MORE broken by giving him a chargeable ice beam (think robs lazor, but ice, and with the control and duration watergun). and his Side B to be like his up b, only he goes the length and speed of falcos side b, but he's riding a wave of ice. And he doesnt go into freefall.

Charizard's Dsmash work a radius as big as DKs downB, and with the screen shake effect. His Fair to always sweetspot. His nair to come out on frame 1. And make his glide as fast as pits. And his air jumps as many as MK. And Aerial acceleration like Wario.

Ivysaur's vinewhip to give her a jump as big as link's upb if it doesnt sweetspot the edge. Aerial acceleration like Wario. Bulletseed has zero lag, and triple the seeds. And usmash hits on frame 5.

And then i find out that PT got f*cked over and we can't have hacks yet. THIS IS BULLSH*T.
I WANT MY BROKEN PT.

BOYCOTT PROJECT SMASH ATTACK! THEY ARE CRUEL TO POKEMANZ!

Top Bottom