• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

X or Y? - PT Social

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
The last thing that the PTBR discussed in depth was Swedish Pop Music.
actually we didn't discuss it in depth, i just said it *****, but i'd be happy to discuss it at length with you guys here

not only do i listen to indie, i listen to SWEDISH indie; that's how ****ing indie i am

so here we go:

the best musical act to come from sweden (or anywhere else) is by far (imo) Jens Lekman, here's a video of him performing my favorite song by him, Maple Leaves: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6ad3M8deNo

all his songs are incredibly sweet and mushy and super duper happy, i absolutely love it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4K90J59LQ4

he actually recently contracted swine flu LOL he's ok though

ok that's enough of jens lekman, here's some more fantastic swedish groups:

I'm From Barcelona: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxpjWmgaZSw
Suburban Kids With Biblical Names: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCGGdIfhJh8
Acid House Kings: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1mYCa5I8hA
Pelle Carlburg: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcRl1CwomiY
Lacrosse: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieJ8B_sGYQE

plus i absolutely ADORE swedish accents (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOqc4B1GaN4 this rendition of this song is very cute as well) and i'm pretty sure i would instantly fall in love with anybody with a swedish accent if i ever met someone that had one

edit: i think that was my longest post on smashboards ever

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Yuki, that picture's tighter than a Snorlax in a Speedo.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler

my heart belongs to squirtle

how many of you would wear this

i can 100% admit that i would always wear this to tourneys

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I'd EAT IT.

hoping i'd either grow a heart that could love a beast;
or it would sprout and get me a cool beans squirtle squirt shell coming from my back (like swallowing a watermelon seed, THE MYTH WILL COME TRUE; HONEST)

Timbers

check me out
late responses, deal w/ it

Wow, haven't been here in a while. What's shaking everybody?

Just thought I'd share something I recently got. I've wanted to get an extremely well done team picture of my favourite Pokemon and a character I sorta use to represent myself, so at an anime convention around 2 months ago I found a cute Indonesian girl that was happy to do it for me (although it was very expensive...but it was my birthday. Screw the rules, I have money?) She sent me the final result, and I'm in love with it.

Now for all of you to throw junk at me...

I originally asked for Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard to be in the picture. Espeon, Corsola and Ambipom weren't there. But before she started, I thought deeply about it, especially with the releases of Heart Gold and Soul Silver coming up. I don't really like those three outside of Smash, and the other three Pokemon I mentioned before were ones that I really wanted to play through Heart Gold with. So in the end, I chose those three over the PT Pokemon. Sorry! D=

*hides behind shield*
holy crap that is the cutest lucario to have ever cuted ever before
Dear typh,

i've been meaning to raichu this letter...this letter of luv(disc included with a "personal" video and some pictures!). truth is, i've been seaking for a special someone...someone that'd let me smoochum all over. someone i could rhydon like a horsea. someone that would happily gulpin anything i put in their mouth. someone worth mawile. wynaut my pokemon trainer mentor and hero? :)

i've never felt anything like this for someone before. the closest i ever got was when i metagross ho - oh, that reminds me, sometimes i get sort of a "hot" flare on my taill(ow) and my poor weedle spear(ow!!)...hope that's okay!

ps: can i pikachu when you shower

pps: ho-oh-sexual
so Steeler wanna hang out irl

SuorGenoveffa

Smash Apprentice
Hahaha Jens Lekman is awesome. I love "Night Falls Over Kortedala". Sweden is overall amazing though.
Glad to see good PTs also have great taste in music :D.

Vermy

Smash Champion
Dragonforce are Cheese Metal.

Annihilator are true speed metal =D

I <3 Metal.
Devildriver
Bloodbath
Amon Amarth
Lamb Of God
Job For A Cowboy
Opeth
Slipknot
Demon Hunter
Deathstars
36 Crazyfists

These bands make one happy Vermy.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Metal's like the only thing I don't listen to, haha. Hurts my ears too much. :p

Vermy

Smash Champion
Ok, aside from no other Poke Slayers being Metalheads, any of y'all into inordinate amounts of anime?

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
I am! What I'm currently following anime wise at the moment is Naruto Shippuden, Katekyo Hitman Reborn!, Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood and my favourite, Gintama. I've also been following Bleach's new filler arc. It's pretty alright so far.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I am! What I'm currently following anime wise at the moment is Naruto Shippuden, Katekyo Hitman Reborn!, Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood and my favourite, Gintama. I've also been following Bleach's new filler arc. It's pretty alright so far.
FMA was great. Though right now, I'm just reading manga. Fairy Tale currently, it looked pretty good when I first saw it ages ago, I'm finally not procrastinating on reading it >>

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
Well I do keep up with manga as well. Let's see...manga wise, I read Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Reborn, To Love Ru, Ane Doki and Beelzebub weekly...and monthly, it's just Soul Eater and New Prince of Tennis (I'm not sure why I'm reading that trash) I've kept myself from reading the FMA manga because I wanted to follow a shonen's anime without knowing what happens in advance for once. XD

Vermy

Smash Champion
Naruto Shippuden = Win.
FMA = Win

The freaken timing of the Bleach filler arc has pissed me off to no end. I had just gotten up to speed, and the 3 newest episodes are the start of a filler arc that won't be any fewer than 15 episodes.
-_-

Apart from that,
Ergo Proxyl
Fate/Stay Night
Devil May Cry
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Guyver
Are in my list of most loved. =)

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I've gotten into watching the new Brotherhood series for FMA. That **** is messed up. It's so different from the original series but it's still FMA which I love so the plot line inaccuracy isn't that big of a deal to me.

Bestiarius

Smash Ace
Yukiwarashi is alive!!!!!!!
In other news, I am also into inordinate amounts of anime. I just discovered how awesome naruto is, and I am more obsessed with yu-gi-oh than with brawl, one of the reasons I haven't been on the boards in forever.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
yugioh:

card game: died a long time ago after GX came out.
Anime: Died after Battle City (come on guys? Atlantis?)
GX: Died after first season (srsly? emperor cards)

card game: fun to play just newer cards are annoying as hell and unoriginal. Old school cards ftw.

Vermy

Smash Champion
Naruto is amazing. I'm up to date on the manga, and all I can say is OH MAH GAWWD. Just keeps getting better.

If you're into Ghost in the Shell and other post apocalyptic sci-fi anime, you must watch Ergo Proxy. Or at least youtube the trailer. Just an extremely unique anime in every way possible. And for once, the english dub is actually good.

Bestiarius

Smash Ace
Bomber, you are sadly right. But, there is a new series called 5d's that uses something called turbo duels that makes no sense at all but it's still almost decent. I just like the strategy in the card game. And you're right. old school cards (and old school everything) ftw!

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
Yukiwarashi is alive!!!!!!!
In other news, I am also into inordinate amounts of anime. I just discovered how awesome naruto is, and I am more obsessed with yu-gi-oh than with brawl, one of the reasons I haven't been on the boards in forever.
Indeed I am. Thanks to everyone who commented on the picture by the way. I've got it printed as a poster and in my room now, and I'm even more hyped for Heart Gold. Anyone else here importing it?

I have to agree that the developments in Naruto are pretty exciting. Looking forward to this week. =D

Vermy

Smash Champion
I want my Silver team back!
Feraligatr, Charizard, Steelix, Kingdra, Tyranitar and Gengar. =D

I always believed Gengar > Alakazam.

Top Bottom