• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

X or Y? - PT Social

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
Hmm.....when I was a kid, I believe my team was...

Pikachu, Togetic, Espeon, Azumarill, Typhlosion and Furret. Good times...

I'm hoping all you have to do is "see" Pokemon to get the National Dex though. I was never a fan of catching Pokemon, only my favourites.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I got back into watching GX just because Jaden's an interesting character arc. He starts off as really laid back and carefree, turns evil, and then the series gets interesting.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I want to make a bomber team but theres barely any pokemon for me to work with.

Nominees:
Magmortar
Golem(giant grenade like thing)
Electrode
???
???
???

IThinkAboutIvysaur

Smash Apprentice
Use Lickylicky he has the strongest explosion in the game and he looks funny.
Probopass doesn't have the strongest Explosion but he does look funny though.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I'm more or less looking for explosive based pokemon, them being able to lear explosion is a bonus like Electrode and golem. Other than that Magmortar is an example of a explosive base pokemon I want. Maybe I'll go with blastoise =D I always liked him and his cannons are beastly.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Snorlax is a better Exploder than Lickilicky. Lickilicky has access to Curse and Gyro Ball, though, unlike Snorlax.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
yeah but Snorlax is a fat tailless cat and he's not an explosive based character. If worst comes to worst I will make an all electrode team. =/

Bestiarius

Smash Ace
Wheezing and other pokes like that can self-destruct with Explosion, and some of them can do, I think it's called volcano. It has the most powerful blast in Fire Red, with a power of, I think, 250. Get pokes that can do that.

Yeah, I really like Jaden's character and his personality as The Supreme King is totally BAMF!

Vermy

Smash Champion
Current party:

Weavile
Breloom <3
Gengar
Walrien
Swampert
Charizard

Your turn, k go.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Party in Plt:
Starter Pokemon: Electrode
Party: Empoleon
Party: Magmortar
4tehwinz: Squirtle
4tehwinz: Ivysaur
4tehwinz: Charizard

Magik0722

Smash Champion
I dont thnk hail teams are a gimmick, well only hail stall is

Hail stall had a pretty good run in diamond and pearl but platinum was really cruel to it.

I ran a offensive hail team for a while and got up to 1550 rating on shoddy with it

Vermy

Smash Champion
<3 Stallrein.
Was thinking of building a decent Hail team. I've been meaning to abuse Abomasnow's ability.

Magik0722

Smash Champion
Really abomasnow has some useful resistances: Ground, Water, Electric. His ability to leech seed makes him a good wall counter and those resistances to water and electric make him a good water coutner in general, with alot of water pokemon using water and ice and sometimes electric he is a good switch in to all of them

Phiddlesticks

Smash Lord
Yeah, even though Abomasnow has like 8 weaknesses with a lot of them being common types (Fire, Rock, Steel, Fighting), it still has a nice typing. It used to be a nice Zapdos switchin too before it got dumb Heat Wave.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I always like Lanturn. Funny story, in silver I caught a chinchou and called it waterweed because it was a useless name for a useless looking pokemon. Boy was I wrong. Waterweed kicked butt. He knew whirlpool, surf waterfall and spark.

Vermy

Smash Champion
Still love my anti-lead weavile and spore-sub-punch breloom more.

Shiny Weavile nicknamed Captain Falcon:
Jolly Nature
Max Speed and Attack EVs
-Fake out
-Taunt
-Brick Break
-Pursuit

Breloom nicknamed 1UP
Jolly nature
Poison heal holding poison orb
Max Speed and Attack EVs
Spore
Focus Punch
Seed Bomb
Substitute

Bestiarius

Smash Ace
I was always a fan of hitmonchan because you could tailor him to have an atack for up to four different weaknesses and he had 100% accuracy thanks to his special ability.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Hitmonchan's pretty interesting. I played a Japanese Trainer once who had a pretty effective Hitmonchan. He can take a lot more hits than people give him credit for, making him rather easily overlooked in the American metagame. US Trainers on the whole have tons of sweepers, whereas Japanese ones tend to be much more defensive-minded. They're very interesting to match up against, haha.

Of course this in my general opinion from battles I've experienced over the years. I by no means mean this offensively.

Best, you thinking of Machamp? Cuz Hitmonchan's ability is either Keen Eye or Iron Fist.

Magik0722

Smash Champion
hitmonchans HP is just way too low
Ive used hitmonchan before and the only use i got out of him is a surprise rapid spin
Hitmontop outclasses him in the defensive side
hitmonlee outclasses him on the offensive side

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I've debated using Hitmonchan myself, but I usually tend to shy away from Fighting-types in comparison to other types.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Medicham packs a punch, literally. He makes for a great Choice Scarfer. I'm not too fond of him in singles just because I don't like Scarfs in singles, but he fits in nicely in my doubles team.

CoonTail

Smash Lord
My nidoking is were my pride and joy is

NidoKing nicknamed Kraken

Jolly nature
Rivalry & Life orb
EarthQuake
Rockslide
IcePunch
SuckerPunch

Super effective against 14 types and has 556 attack upon walk in GOD PEOPLE HATE HIM LOL.
Plus nuthing is better than seeing someone send in gengar or alakazam against him and be like HAHAHAH your dead and I just OHKO with a suckerpunch no matter wat gender. Honestly most underestimated sweeper ever

Bestiarius

Smash Ace
I'm thinking of Hitmonchan in Fire Red. I remember now that Keen Eye means his accuracy can't be diminished, and all the attacks I had with him, or 3/4, had 100 accuracy, so he could only miss if they did something like dig or fly.

Vermy

Smash Champion
@Ice ****:
Not a bad moveset, but a gengar or alakazam would destroy him. Speed alone gives the advantage. Added to that, iirc Nidoking is def based not sp def based, so a STAB psychic from an Alakazam would OHKO. Apart from that, smart Alakazam trainers throw on a focus sash in fear of dark attacks. (Pursuit in particular)

Have a pokemon with an electric, ice, rock and dark/fighting will wreck SOOOO Much more.

Fun fact: ice and electricity cover 2/3 of all types super effectiveness

Sulfur

Smash Apprentice
I'm not anywhere near as knowledgeable about the pokemon games as you guys haha. But one thing I always hated was the amount of good ice attacks and ice pokemon. There's like none :/

Vermy

Smash Champion
Tbh = To Be Honest

@sulphur:
There's a fair few more decent ice types now.
Froslass, Walrien, Abomasnow, Mamoswine are decent pokemon. =)

Top Bottom