• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

X or Y? - PT Social

Vermy

Smash Champion
That tickles me in a way that if Loretta tickled me that way I'd say. "Oh yeah, that's nice."

Toby.

Smash Master
Papes came from a couple friendlies I had with typh. I didn't know what I wanted as my tag, so I kept pressing z to get random tags until I saw one I liked. Normally they are smash related, or at least have a general theme regarding winning.

Anyway so I was pressing z and stopped because papes had come up. Typh and I were like "wtf is papes?!", and so of course I had to use it.

In that game typh beat me so he changed his tag to "paped". At some point I might have changed mine to paper as well.

So yeah from that point on papes was the PT tag for ma pals, and a nickname of mine for people who talked to me in america :)

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I never thought I'd be using Bomber as my name. When I first made this account (unknowing what this site really was) Bomber was just some nickname that was more or less an inside joke between my friends and I. I made this account with a name that relativly I never expected to kick off. lol was I wrong. Bomber >>> Aero any day.

Bestiarius

Smash Ace
P and r are too far apart, except it may be different on an Australian keyboard. Ok, a few more random questions:
Typh, aren't you named after typhlosion? If so, why exactly do you like it so much?
Vermy, where do you get vermiis? Is it supposed to be something like "Vermy is," or the plural of Vermy, or something else and I'm just way off?
Steeler, where did you get your name? And what was the "Nintendo Nsider" thing you used to have? Did you work for Nintendo?
Bomber, I know bomber was an inside joke thing with you and your friends. Did you blow something up? What's the story (if you want to tell it)?

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
bestiaruis- i made a gamefaqs account in 2001 when i was 11 that had something to do with typhlosion for some reason, then i went to a melee tournament and entered as typh so people would recognize me

dunno why my 11 year old self liked typhlosion so much, i barely remember last week

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
Steeler, where did you get your name? And what was the "Nintendo Nsider" thing you used to have? Did you work for Nintendo?
i was making an account on the official nintendo forums (called nsider) back when i was 13. my first screen name attempts were squirtle, squirtle7, and squirtle007. they were all taken so i thought of something else i really liked...and i thought of the pittsburgh steelers football team. there was already a steeler so i became steeler36

about two years later i saw a thread about smashboards and local tournaments. i was excited to get to play local people so i signed up.

i have no idea why i decided to include the forum i used to find this place into my username (plus an exclamation mark) but that was over 3 and a half years ago. i didn't think i was going to use the account a long time or i didn't take it seriously or something idk.

i probably should have just made a new account when i decided to come back for brawl, i had only made like 5 posts from jan 06 - late 07.

if i become a premium member i will change my name to STEELER36 FROM NINTENDO NSIDER!!

Vermy

Smash Champion
Typhlosion has an AMAZING movepool. Zigsta, yr doin it rong. =p

@Beast: I had a thing for latin waaaaay back when I was a yung un. Especially animal names. As a kid my dad called me "little dragon" mainly because I had a bit of a rat tail thing goin on with my hair. Looking into dragonic folklore, Dragons were also called worms/wyrms. The latin word for "worm" is Vermis. Vermis with 1 "i" was taken on most forums/email accounts so I added a second one. After a while people abbreviated it, and now I just go by Vermy. =)

Vermy

Smash Champion
Most.
Amazing.
Name.
Ever.

I've only had a few bites of interest on my sig thread, I get home in about 4 hours and ill get started then. if y'all only want an avatar like mine, that's cool. ^_^

Phiddlesticks

Smash Lord
Back in my days of Pokemon playing I went by the name "squirtster"

but everyone always ended up spelling it wrong so I changed it to Phiddlesticks

seriously, "squirster", "squirters", "squirtser", "squirtslkjdspahkjststjpdoier", it was ridiculous how many people got it wrong

Bomber7

Smash Hero
P and r are too far apart, except it may be different on an Australian keyboard. Ok, a few more random questions:
Typh, aren't you named after typhlosion? If so, why exactly do you like it so much?
Vermy, where do you get vermiis? Is it supposed to be something like "Vermy is," or the plural of Vermy, or something else and I'm just way off?
Bomber, I know bomber was an inside joke thing with you and your friends. Did you blow something up? What's the story (if you want to tell it)?
Story behind my name is odd. I'm called bomber because I went through a change of interest in characters during my Melee-64 days. I played Pika in 64 and tried Pika again in Melee and failed so he suggested Marth since Marth was a relativly easy character to use (no idea what a tier was back then or what this has to do with my name).
So eventually we get to playing 64 some time after 9/11 (GBA) and he messes around with Link and pulls out a bomb and jumps up and throws it down and get's caught up in the blast when it hits me and calls it the "Afghan Kamikaze Attack" I thought it looked pretty useful so I experimented with it to see if I couldn't get caught in the blast, turns out Link's recovery did just that. Eventually I realized at a certain percent, my opponent would shoot up and get hit with the up-B and they would be sent flying. One thing went to another and I starting bombing as my fight style. It took me a while to integrate it to Melee because the quickness of the hookshot and other attacks were a bit slower, however I managed. I used bombs for just about every part of my attacks and made awesome looking combos/ tricks. I was pretty good among my friends with Link bombs. Eventually we made jokes about me eventually blowing something up and stuff and that still holds to this day, my knack for explosives.
But yeah, long story short it all started with the Afghan Kamikaze Attack and worked it's way up from there to other bombing attacks. I only used aero because it was latin for air and I liked to play an aerial game over a ground game.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Choice Specs Eruption is fair and balanced.
Yeah, that's like the only Typhlosion set I see. I'm not a fan of Choice items in singles. :/ Seems like that could make a pretty interesting combo in doubles, though.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Yeah, that's like the only Typhlosion set I see. I'm not a fan of Choice items in singles. :/ Seems like that could make a pretty interesting combo in doubles, though.
Yes.

****ing Follow Me Togekiss. :<

T-block

B2B TST
Back in my days of Pokemon playing I went by the name "squirtster"

but everyone always ended up spelling it wrong so I changed it to Phiddlesticks

seriously, "squirster", "squirters", "squirtser", "squirtslkjdspahkjststjpdoier", it was ridiculous how many people got it wrong
stfu twinks >=(

the last one always needs a semi-colon btw

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Brelooms like that are fun to fight against in Singles. I love switching out until they run out of PP. :p Get wrecked by Venusaur!

Top Bottom