• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

X or Y? - PT Social

Aposl

Smash Ace
Bomber what you are talking about is one of the most important things about being good with low tier, you have to be able o read your opponenet, WHATEVER strategy they are using. MU discussion is good for being able to defend against gay tactics against your character (ex: Marth's 0 - death on squirtle) and stuff like that you can do to your opponent if the opportunity shows itself...

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Yoshi's double jump armor does very little against Squirtle's combos. Landing B-Air -> F-Tilt -> Jab is a true combo at low percents (get rid of the F-Tilt at middling percents). U-Air has enough range to avoid a mid-air jump -> N-Air when Yoshi is getting juggled. D-Air gets Yoshi out of his mid-air jump quickly and does not allow him to N-Air out of it, much less anything else. Yoshi is also heavy enough for combos to keep working until mid-to-high percents.

Squirtle can chase Yoshi's airdodges and either B-Air/F-Air/U-Air before an attack/airdodge or land another aerial after the first one whiffs to tack on extra damage after an airdodge. Water Gun messes with Yoshi's B-Reverse and Egg Toss stuff.

Ivysaur can land Bullet Seed if Yoshi tries to get tricky with his pokes. The predictable movement of Yoshi's mid-air jump allows for a mix-up between Up-B or an aerial chase. Razor Leaf keeps Yoshi's Egg Toss and shielding in check. N-Air is safe to do against Yoshi because he can't do normal stuff out of shield. Ivysaur does generally well with edgeguarding Yoshi and he's one of the easiest characters to land a U-Smash on, from what I can tell.

Charizard's Flamethrower can stop Egg Toss in most situations, and he can create great shield pressure against Yoshi. B-Air helps him in the air, and U-Air allows Charizard to juggle Yoshi pretty well. Both Flamethrower and Rock Smash work well against a variety of Yoshi's moves.

In general, I think Squirtle probably does the best, but not by much. Ivysaur is a close second, and Charizard is decidedly the worst, though it's not a terrible matchup. I haven't played enough Yoshi to tell for sure, but I would say that Yoshi has an ever-so-slight edge in the matchup.
Information like this is key because not only does it let us know A LARGE PORTION of our options, but it's reference to when MU discussions start. Instead of throwing in our 2 cents solid info like this is how we can debate and figure out where a matchup really stands. So stuff like this I find really necessary.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I'm more of a salamence guy, though he really sucks in XD GoD. Dragon claw does him no justice at all.

CoonTail

Smash Lord
I got my baton passing zapdos from XD and it was worth every second of it, to me he is stil a fantastic baton passer in 5th gen

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Yeah obviously in-game.

It's easy to get HP Flying.

Just use the nonexistent Pokesav for Gen 3.

Aposl

Smash Ace
I played as zard at COT and there the up throw was cancel-able at the top of it

CoonTail

Smash Lord
I have played project M quite a bit and honestly being able to L-cancel Zard's beast air next to the ladge in that game rapppesss.

Also on a random side note mad props to BlazingKatakiri because I Dl'ed his squirtle model texture hack to evolve squirtle into wartortle. Man it is just beyond sexy seeing wartortle fight MK.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
So a had an almost all night brawl session with my friends monday. It took me a while to get back into the groove but I guess it's like riding a bike, you never forget how to ride it. All in all, I was practicing on paying attention to what I was doing and trying to cut low on the stupid risks I always take like chasing when it's obvious I'm out of range (which kills me a lot of the time). I did pretty well. I'm really excited now for LasT V and have confidence I will make it into brackets. :D

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Good **** Bomber keep it up and I actually gotta get a list of everyone's skype names so hopefully we can get a PT boards chat going soon. Hey T-Block, Zigsta, or Reflex is it kool if I made a thread posting the skype names and aim names, along with times or dates we are having board chats? This way there is a schedule and a contact list for the PT boards chat sessions.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Good **** Bomber keep it up and I actually gotta get a list of everyone's skype names so hopefully we can get a PT boards chat going soon. Hey T-Block, Zigsta, or Reflex is it kool if I made a thread posting the skype names and aim names, along with times or dates we are having board chats? This way there is a schedule and a contact list for the PT boards chat sessions.
I'm not a moderator for this board, but, I would say that it makes sense. I would suggest replacing the Pokémon Trainer Player Listing and adding such information in the new thread, but that's entirely up to T-Block and/or Zigsta.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=221750

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Yea I know T-Block has control over the PT player listing but tbh over 3/4 of the people on that list are no longer present :/.......Oh well no need for one of my *****fests over the death of the PT boards ;P

Mainly because we have had some great activity back and Luis is back,

<3 Luis The Gary Oak of our Boards :)

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Well that would be the point of the thread I wanna make it would basically be a whole new player listing thread/ chat thread so any chat that was happening was listed along with each individual players contact info.

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Does anyone know why luis.....I've been waiting forever to finally get a name change and they just never ever open the premium memberships back up. Its been months since you were able to sign up

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
So guys right by my house is this street called Gary Drive.

Go down it a bit and it turns into Oak Street.

Why did it take me so long to notice this amazingness?

Top Bottom