• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

X or Y? - PT Social

T-block

B2B TST
It's generally agreed that Razor Leaf barely counts as a projectile =x

I suppose I should qualify that I like Ivysaur when she has space to work with. I feel completely fine on FD against Kirby. Lylat might be a little more awkward.

I feel like f-air should hit even a grounded Kirby, unless he's ducking. Am I wrong?

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Yo Mike, my Kirby's gonna **** you at Genesis.

Get ready for 8 minute matches, son.

:phone:

Rizen

Smash Legend
I happened to play another Kirby and win. I would have lost if it wasn't for the PT board's advice, thanks guys:bee:.
The replay's in the video thread.

PS

I B-threw Kirby and switched from Ivy to Char.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Can he f-smash or something? How is that different from any other character being able to punish f-air on shield?
The fact that he can get in on you pretty easily. A lot of it has to do with how short he is, and his ability to because your options for keeping him out are limited as a result. Ivysaur does best when she can mix up the timing for her aerials, which keeps people from running in whenever they want, but you don't have that option against particularly short characters. Ivysaur thrives on indecision, and when she can't make the opponent think, "I should wait for a second," she has a significantly harder time with just about everything.

You only have so much room in which you can pivot grab.

PS

I B-threw Kirby and switched from Ivy to Char.
Good job. It's probably for the best.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Texas room's where it's at. 11 people in one room.

Hyyyyyyyyype.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Has anyone practiced straight-up camping with Pokémon Trainer? Like, trying to camp as much as possible?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
LOL your avatar

i think i've tried against snake?

what's on your mind?
I wonder if PT has the potential to abuse it well, since Squirtle's pokes are amazing, Ivysaur usually can't approach well to begin with, and Charizard has great ground speed, nice retreating projectiles and aerials, and a fantastic grab range. He seems to have good potential in that outside of the fatigue aspect, which can be worked around with smart switching (especially if your aim is not primarily to KO).

pt board has so many mods!
I don't mod this board, though--I'm over the Atlantic South and Wario. Zigsta is over Wario and Bowser.

T-block

B2B TST
Naw, just the mods that do happen to post a lot =x

I think there's only a few matchups where it's worth actually going aggressive because of fatigue, and they tend to be the ones where Squirtle does well but the other two get absolutely wrecked (Diddy). Other than that, there's no reason for PT to play any less campy than any other character, as long as you're willing to switch.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I'm actually over Bowser, PT, Wario, and Southwest.

PT boards always have a special place on my heart though. <3

Aposl

Smash Ace
Reflex I think its the only way to beat DDD XD

Just realized how much Reflex has been posting on here, good ****!

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I've been playing the character more often lately. It's refreshing, for sure. Trying to make better use of the stuff I neglected before.

CoonTail

Smash Lord
I'm glad to see our players coming back a bit...see T-block me losing my **** did help!!! LOL about that.......

But as far as camping with PT goes.....it's starting to seem like in a large portion of matchup's PT playing back even with fatigue is the better game play option. Against most higher tier characters its a necessity and I've been using it a lot more. Yoshi fails so miserably if you play back it's funny.

With everyone back though I have to say I am still not thrilled at where the tier list left us. Our matchups are pretty damn outdated if thats where we ended. Please luis feel free to correct me.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I do feel that our matchup chart is outdated, but the fact of the matter is, we don't have much data to support matchups either way. Unless we can grab people that we've played recently to comment on the matchups, I'm not sure how much we say will seem like much more than character bias.

I'd be happy to help as much as I can, though. I was thinking about adding my own viewpoints to character matchups in my guide, or, at least, making an "at a glance" guide to individual matchups for quick pointers to remember.

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Luis your right it is hard to update the matchups but we really should for our own knowledge, but I can deffinilty start getting Atlantic North players to start commenting here on matchups. One of the first I could start is yoshi vs. PT, but please luis stick around I love your presence and info since people listen to you. Not to mention projects you help with always get completed!

Aposl

Smash Ace
match up chart is unimportant, lets start kicking butt in tourney then they will change by themselves!

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Lol well I deff agree aposl but unfortunatly the MU chart is deff necesary. It will help some of us know what we are looking at before we walk into matchups along with key points of what specifically will give us our biggest issues. Info like that I find to hold a lot of weight.

Aposl

Smash Ace
im about MU info but charts saying this is a 1-9 matchup etc... are irrelevant without the why....

Rizen

Smash Legend
It will help some of us know what we are looking at before we walk into matchups along with key points of what specifically will give us our biggest issues. Info like that I find to hold a lot of weight.
It could help newbies like me:c.

BTW,
Out of all the characters I play, only the PT boards critiqued my replays. Thanks PT mains:bee:

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I sometimes question why I still post here anymore. All that's talked about is MU. I suck at MU discussions. I couldn't hold a MU discussion even if my life depended on it. >_>

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I more or less listen. I can only usually say things based on experience, but I found what I say is usually wrong. I just try and fight to win, I'm not too technical of a fighter. Yeah, it helps to know the match-up some but a person isn't always going to play his or her character the textbook way.

Top Bottom