• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

X or Y? - PT Social

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Hey aposl post this in the video thread because that way I can add it to your name on that thread......worst case scenario T-block could you just move it there for me?

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Ice **** I went straight Dedede for the most part aside from playing the Ganon ditto against Clai. I'm trying to go straight Dedede for the next little while as I'm getting better, then come back to playing my low tier characters once my fundamentals are better. I even went D3 against M2K.

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Ice **** I went straight Dedede for the most part aside from playing the Ganon ditto against Clai. I'm trying to go straight Dedede for the next little while as I'm getting better, then come back to playing my low tier characters once my fundamentals are better. I even went D3 against M2K.
Good stuff Supreme, my 3rd is DeDeDe so I deff understand. My question becomes though why am I being told this tho lol. Is it because I lost my **** last time this board went deaad LOL??

Aposl

Smash Ace
T block, I just realized how many freaking icons you have by your name, Dayumn! Im jelly!

CoonTail

Smash Lord
When I get home bomber Ill add you Im usually on after 5 for almost the whole night if I'm at my house so shoot me your skype name and we can deff chat.

Aposl

Smash Ace
Im starting to enjoy meta knights more and more XD. Charizard to goodz!

Rizen

Smash Legend
What's the PT vs Kirby MU? I barely beat one today and didn't play well :( . But it was my first Kirby fight using PT. :/

Aposl

Smash Ace
its hard getting off the ledge against kirby with all three characters because of his forward smash, Charizard can up b through it thats about it, besides avoiding it.

Squirtle, its air battles all day, trying to hit him before or after a bair, or hydroplane up smash under him while he tries to bair, dont challenge the bair.

Charizard can beat out his bair with his own bair but that is not infavor of zard because kirby's air mobility outclasses zard. zard has to use grab range in alot of match ups where the opposing character is faster, zard has range though...

Ivysaur can just out range kirby all day if you know what your doing, up air verse bair is in your favor, he cant do the gonzo combo at 0 percent if you mash bullet seed after the first throw, and reverse grab versus f - smash, and low bairs is god like IMO

T-block

B2B TST
Kirby is very winnable.

Agreed on not challenging b-air. You can bait it though, if you stay at a good range. Squirtle's aerial mobility is much better than Kirby's, allowing you to do so.

Charizard does fine if he has space though. Kirby has difficulties approaching, and Charizard can exploit those poor approaches pretty well. It's also really hard for Kirby to kill a defensive Charizard. Also, Charizard actually has faster air speed than Kirby fyi. Kirby's air speed is actually quite poor.

Ivysaur can play the same way... just aim to punish the approaches, and don't get overeager. Don't be afraid to jump out after him off-stage too. B-air steals his jumps pretty nicely.

Aposl

Smash Ace
@t-block i said mobility because of his jumps allowing him to fight Charizard in the air despite the speed difference, but yeah I agree with you on pretty much all of it

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Kirby's a very predictable character. Just get to know his range.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Kirby is boring. Just don't challenge B-Air and don't be too eager to get in, or you're getting grabbed or B-Air'd anyway. Squirtle should use his great ground pokes, grab range, and juggling ability. Charizard should abuse his range and ground speed. Ivysaur should...switch.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Ivysaur is fine against Kirby. You heard it here first.

To start with, she can challenge, and beat, Kirby's BAir.

Rizen

Smash Legend
^Thanks for all the advice:bee:. I still beat him but it wasn't the best Kirby (understatement). I'll be more prepared next time;).

CoonTail

Smash Lord
No seriously, switch.

:phone:
Like T-block said zigsta its really not that serious kirby is nothing that impressive against Ivy if you play the matchup the way your supposed to. Honestly I find it funny seeing a character as high in the tier list as kirby is struggle against Ivy.

God certain matchups for PT are so outdated.......and heres another example of it.

Aposl

Smash Ace
I would play all Ivy against a Kirby, its fun, also believe it or not, playing out the whole stock with Ivysaur when she is viable is important because now you get to change pace on your opponent three times during the match, its hilarious and hard as **** to stop for your opponent. Going from Ivy, to Charizard with Squirtle as a hard *** anchor throws people off, especially if you have the lead by Squirtle.

Its like they are playing streetfighter and we bring MvC to this behatch!

Scatz

Smash Champion
Lmao! Aposl bringing that MvC logic into brawl matches! XD

Speaking of Ivy, what matchups do you guys think she can handle?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Ivysaur doesn't work here because B-Air isn't going to keep Kirby out, F-Air isn't reliable on such a short character, he straight-up destroys you on the ground (you have no safe pokes, you can't grab him due to constant short-hopping, and he's so much faster than you on the ground), and if he starts a juggle, you'll be hard-pressed to touch the ground again.

Top Bottom