• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

X or Y? - PT Social

CoonTail

Smash Lord
-Aposl

Lol I didn't even really notice that you were kinda stand offish, I talk a lot so I know some are not down with it and leave. You and I had some real solid convo tho man so I hope you see me as more than random PT main #5. But I'll be on aim later tonight to chat so lets talk MU's because I've learned quite a bit since KTAR 5.

-T Block

Your right my man your the only other person responding to me, Im just getting upset to see the Hall of fame threads last update before me was from Mata posting his WINTERFEST placing!!! Cmon guys aposl and I cannot be the only people still playing posting results. I mean after all my arguements for the PT PR I got placed 4th, yet there are only 2 of us maybe 3 playing PT in tourny. I'm just frustrated and wanna take your advice on calming down T-block but my points never seem to get an argument so until then I wait in frustration.

To anyone else who's still maining this character or playing in tournament, please do me a favor and just give a thumbs up or something so I can get an idea of who is still left here. AND TO THOSE OF YOU LISTED AS GUESTS LURKING ON THESE BOARDS......don't be afraid to post guys I'd love to see new faces because I remember some of you saw me at a BestBuy tourny recently and said you weren't "good" enough to post. Thats total BS guys I got good because I posted here and got set straight which made me the better player I am today.

T-block

B2B TST
Actually I'm guilty of not posting results lol... I got 5th recently going all PT. I'll dig that up eventually >_>

But yeah, remember this is a character board for a mid-low tier character. It's unreasonable to expect too much activity, and I think we've actually been quite lucky so far, looking at the boards for other characters around our tier. We're fortunate enough that our character is hella fun to play though, so we get people popping by saying they play PT once in a while. Other than that, it's completely expected that smaller character boards will see activity problems... it's cool that you're trying to change that though.

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Im always trying to change that lol but your right T-block I just never remembered it being this dead. When I thought about it I was mad because it has never been this dead. So we need to get them back in here lets get some MU discussion on and make a new MU thread because I was talking about that when I was on Directional Influence earlier this week. Our MU's are incredibly outdated and quite a few are very very wrong.

BTW I dunno how bad it was but **** grammer :) <3 T-BLOCK

Aposl

Smash Ace
Sorry I wasn't on AIM when you contacted ****_tail, prolly wont actually be there till about 6 pm tomorrow, I was playing SSBB at a friends... Also I owe you friendlies.

supreme dirt, look forward to PT dittos that's the most fun and important match up in the game, seriously its stupid, but I look forward to playing you, lol ...

Bomber7

Smash Hero
To anyone else who's still maining this character or playing in tournament, please do me a favor and just give a thumbs up or something so I can get an idea of who is still left here.

AND TO THOSE OF YOU LISTED AS GUESTS LURKING ON THESE BOARDS......
1) I'VE ALREADY SAID SOMETHING LasT 5 on July 30th

2) LURKING IS FUN!

Aposl

Smash Ace
It's not stupid at all D= It might be the only ditto that's not stupid.
This is like the "special" kid that thinks hes the normal one, lol. But I do get where you are coming from.I just mean there is literally 0% chance of any PT meeting another in bracket, so knowing it is virtually useless. I dont know it worth crap, I am just going to try to outplay you. XD

Aposl

Smash Ace
No offense, but I am going to win PT dittos because I am better than you, or vice versa, not because I know secrets about the match up, lol...

T-block

B2B TST
My very first tournament set EVER was PT dittos.

Knowing this matchup is actually pretty important imo... if you don't know to switch Ivysaur out at low percents against Squirtle that's basically a stock you shouldn't have lost right there, etc. etc.

Aposl

Smash Ace
Getting Ivysaur out of the fray against your opponent asap is not a pt ditto specific thing imo, lol.

Aposl

Smash Ace
whats to joke about, i use Ivysaur consistently in like 4 match ups, PT dittos I would not, is Ivy viable in the PT ditto, of course he is, just not my style...

Geenareeno

Smash Lord
Does anyone else think that Ivysaur is terrible against high tiers but does decently against some mid and low? Just seems that way to me.

T-block

B2B TST
Tossed around, Miles. TOSSED AROUND.

N-air doesn't cover your front as well as it covers your back, and Squirtle will be following up from your front or from below. D-air is sexy, but slow, and Squirtle's u-air is like lightning.

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Lol I gotta say tho B-air + pivot grabbing frustrate the crap outta squirtle.

But Ivy v. squirtle is a gimp fest on both parts there are too many silly gimps on both of them LOL

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Ivy vs. Squirtle alternates between frustrating and silly all the time.

Also Aposl I'm free, so you'll probably beat me.

Aposl

Smash Ace
I like Ivy saur against dedede, because you can wall him pretty good with razor leaf, unless he throws a gordo, you can catch him with d-tilt if he tries to fair on recovery, you can catch his up b with U air or on landing with powershield, jump cancelled up smash I beleive....

I like Ivy against wario because you can zone with back air, up b, and when his jump patterns get obvious up smash him.Also with bullet seed all his combos at low percent arent true, for example if he tries to down throw re grab, or nair to grab. Ivysaur's invincibility frames punish this...

I like Ivysaur against kirby, kirby's gonzo combo doesnt work at 0% because of bulletseeds invincibility frames, he will f- throw (Ithink) then go for U air, and go completely through you inside a bullet seed. Also back air and f - smash of Kirby are highly susceptible to Ivy reverse grabs...

I like Ivy versus Ice climbers, bullet seed popo and nana always jumps in with him, seperate them and thats a free U smash on nana (charizard versus sopo too easy). Also, razor leave beats ice blocks, it pushes them back and continues so its great for forcing icies to apporach, if they use blizzard, razor leaf to grab is great, because the leaf will hit both of them if you grab popo, Also ice climbers side be recovery is bad against up b and up smash, his up b recovery can be gimped with Ivy easily...

These are my main applications of Saur, other than that I put Charizard on point versus MK, and Squirtle verus the rest, lol

T-block

B2B TST
Ivysaur wrecks solo IC hard. When they're together I think it's pretty scary to use Ivysaur though. You can't really do much on the ground against them, and if you take to the air it's tough to land thanks to the mobility issue. U-air on shield can be okay though.

Agreed on Ivysaur vs Kirby, mostly because she can wall out his approach quite nicely.

I'd love to hear how you are landing u-smash on Wario just out of reading jump patterns. He has so much mobility I don't see it happening o.o

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
A lot of people don't notice the start-up animation starting, it is kind of non-descript.

Aposl

Smash Ace
sorry bout the double post, and I know you guys have probably thought of this before, but, its also good to switch mid stock alot! You control the flow of which character you are going to use, and it can have some useful strats. I use Charizard versus MK, but when Im playing 100 % i d throw mk at 110 to 120 and switch to squirtle for easier kill opportunities, hopefully d-throw then switch back to charizard. I try to use dthrow and switch immediately hoping for the star k.o. animation. I like charizard because he can take damage and doesn't get gimped in this match up as bad.

@ T Block: Well if you punish certain jump heights with up-b to down tilit if he air dodges, or keep zoning with back air, as well as stopping combos with b seed, you can do a back air, then dash in, see how he reacts, punish.

CoonTail

Smash Lord
LOLOL charizard vs sonic is the saddest thing in the world. Sonic mains work so hard to combo and do all this crazy stuff....then you rocksmash counter any single one of sonic's attacks and practically equal out damage.

God sonic is so upsetting to watch

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I used to play Sonic.

Having an opponent at 230% and being unable to kill them if they played safely depressed me to the point of dropping him.

Aposl

Smash Ace
My two favorite things to do to sonic with Charizard are chase him and grab him, and two when he up throws me at high % wait for the up-b to u air and then up b them! lololol

CoonTail

Smash Lord
That's hysterical aposl the worst part is they argue they have a good MU with zard till they play it.

But honestly to me sonic is a giant gimmick with 2 kills moves that you can avoid quite easily. Overall I know he has a lot to him but he jus lacks intimidation of any kind to me.

Top Bottom