• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

X or Y? - PT Social

T-block

B2B TST
Charizard can do okay as well I find. He can't kill you either ;)

Flamethrower is really good in this matchup... it feels really hard for Charizard because it seems like he can react to everything you do, but if he's the type of Sonic that's trying that, dash at him and Flamethrower to hit him with the tip of the flame. It's safe unless he reads the Flamethrower beforehand and dashes early, but forcing him to attempt to read is exactly what you want to do, and makes the matchup much easier.

CoonTail

Smash Lord
I just got back from the Uprise tourny here on LI, I managed to accomplish my goal of making top ten again!

My comp is also gonna be fixed mad soon guys whos down to skype that can help me in some matchup knowledge.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I just hate how 90% of MUs I can't use Ivysaur that much. It's basically start as Charizard, and third stock BThrow to switch to Charizard. On the bright side people have literally started to CP Falco against my PT because they're sick of fighting my Ivysaur, so I must be doing something right with her.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
When I played PT, I just abused Squirtle against Espy. That MU is so, so bad for Sonic. Squirtle outprioritizes just about, if not, everything.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I have an Adamant shiny Alakazam.

Best part is it has a 31 in IVs for Attack and Speed.

I wish it got Bulk Up, best troll set ever.

As it is, I won against someone the other day after passing it +4 Attack.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
So yeah, on PO, 58 turns later, I beat a heavy offense OU SS team with:

Mew/Latias/Butterfree/Lv 1 Whimsicott/Kakuna/Zoroark.

Best part was "Mew" U-Turning to Mew, who then Drain Punched their TTar.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I just got back from the Uprise tourny here on LI, I managed to accomplish my goal of making top ten again!
Good work!
I just hate how 90% of MUs I can't use Ivysaur that much. It's basically start as Charizard, and third stock BThrow to switch to Charizard. On the bright side people have literally started to CP Falco against my PT because they're sick of fighting my Ivysaur, so I must be doing something right with her.
Is Ivy good vs Ness because he/she can DI Ness' PK Fire towers easier? Because Ivy's weak vs fire?

T-block

B2B TST
Good work!

Is Ivy good vs Ness because he/she can DI Ness' PK Fire towers easier? Because Ivy's weak vs fire?
lol no... PK fire isn't enough of a presence for that typing to make a significant difference in the matchup.

i don't think ivy is great against ness actually... she can wall ness okay, but that running grab is really tough to deal with x.x

Aposl

Smash Ace
ivy can chain grab ness to the edge then d-tilt his second jump fair at right spacing, then razor leave pk thunder all day, but the other two are way better in the match up.

Just out of curiosity, who's ness are you playing, and why is it a threat?

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Hey guys just so you know if any of you follow directional influence, but ninjalink and I just starred on episode 38! We discussed the under developed metagame for certain characters and what the real situation is between gimmick and serious playstyle! So check it out....

Also I like Ivy in the Ness matchup because you can wall the crap outta him along with really contend with him on the edge. Overall I don't believe the matchup is not in Ivy's favor but ness doesn't have a large margin of superiority.

Aposl

Smash Ace
then i play stupid ness players lmfao, didnt know it wasnt guaranteed XD

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
i played brawl-

that **** is ********, ivysaur ESPECIALLY

also besides wingull, i have these 2 shinies

poochyena from my last emerald run, machamp from GTS...might be hacked, idk

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Can she get a regrab of an air release? She can't regrab if Ness ground releases, since it's only a 10-frame advantage with a 13-frame dash grab...
Neat ground release mix-up, though--Ness's fastest move is frame 3 (Jab/D-Tilt), so you get a re-grab if they try to do anything but spotdodge, and if they spotdodge, you can get an Up-Smash. :)

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Squirtle-Wario style? I like it.

We don't dash grab on frame 1 out of the release animation though? I'm pretty sure Ness has a window to hit us.
I was under the impression that one could buffer a dash and a grab at the same time. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Also of note is that someone getting grab-released cannot buffer anything, so the opponent's timing has to be spot-on to jab/D-Tilt.

Geenareeno

Smash Lord
So guys it looks like I'll be going to Edmonton for AB Beatdown 2. Only thing is I haven't played Brawl in like 2 months LOL. I just play melee now since there is a pretty awesome scene with probably one of the top 5 in Canada moving here. I'm going to enter brawl for fun though. Maybe i'll play some friendlies with T-Block haha.

Aposl

Smash Ace
sounds tight I will be at Cot 5 hoping to make waves XD! I will also be co - hosting the stream, me and my brother GIMR run VGBootCamp fyi ;D

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I got banned from COT5. BR said so. They didn't approve of my return to the smash scene.
D:

I'm sorry guys. :(

Aposl

Smash Ace
yeah Gimr is my brother, but he never plays me lol. No actually hes changed to Falco and hes probably not as good against me with Falco, but way better against other people with him. lol (like MK's).

Yeah I will probably be on the stream when it starts, I will be co - hosting with logic, and we will probably have some other commentators to be announced later.

Also, I am trying pretty hard to become the best PT, no lie. My problem in tournament has been consistently to choke under the pressure. I play 2000% better in mm and friendlies. IDK Why, i just haven't been able to get past that hump. After Genesis and COT 5 I will be retiring if I have not made placings worth mentioning. But I will still be in the community.

Last thing, I plan on making a video guide to Pokemon trainer, so if you guys are interested let me know, I plan on interviewing mains of other characters to break down match ups, and it will be put up piece by piece on Vgbootcamp.com

sorry about the novel

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Last thing, I plan on making a video guide to Pokemon trainer, so if you guys are interested let me know, I plan on interviewing mains of other characters to break down match ups, and it will be put up piece by piece on Vgbootcamp.com
Do you mean you're gonna interview different mains to get their opinion on the PT MU? If so, I'm down. I've played a lot of PTs with Bowser, most notably typh and MaTa.

Aposl

Smash Ace
@ zigsta yes that is one thing, I do want to discuss alot of basics of PT as well that aren't MU specific.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I'm not sure if being the best Pokémon Trainer player is really the best ideal to reach, especially if the character's usage is what will make or break your tournament activity. Aim to be better than everyone else. If you're not enjoying the game, change how you play it, or don't play it at all. If you're enjoying what you're doing, stay around.

Learn to regularly and efficiently use all the Squirtle movement stuff that I never bothered to, read people to land Ivysaur's most powerful moves, and maximize camping and juggling potential with Charizard. That's it, really.

CoonTail

Smash Lord
-Aposl
I responded to you in the hydroplaning thread also, but I'm there with you I'm striving to be the #1 PT player along with making myself a much better player. Outside of luis' pocket PT tho you and I are really all that's left as far as mains of our character go. I have no clue what happened to MaTa along with everyone else on our boards not being active or even playing brawl. So before you quit aposl realize your one of two left essentially.

-Luis
Your completely right tho its only a commodity to be the #1 of a character, but it is a true reward to be a better player overall. I wish you were present more here tho luis....everyone is gone no matter what i do to get feedback it's minimal at best on this board. Along with half the responses being from people who no longer play or not in tournies. I'm getting aid for the high level players around me like vinnie, will, and ninjalink yet still I can never get or do anything without these boards seeming barren at best.

Aposl

Smash Ace
**** tail I got you! we can talk about match ups as much as you like, I currently have no job so im down to talk.

Sorry if I came off as giving you the cold shoulder at KTar5 btw, I just am not super friendly when I first meet people, and I am definitely not friends with people just because they play the same character, no offense to anyone. Its just the way I am, but I know you a little more so just hit me up on aim or something.

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Bleeh well fair enough t-block it's just frustrating man. Theres nothing ever responded to here for more than a day that is not the social thread.....**** gets no where!!

Top Bottom