• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

X or Y? - PT Social

T-block

B2B TST
I dunno... I have mixed feelings on that matchup.

Ivysaur can't be safe and do anything to Wario if he doesn't want to get hit for sure. If you're just looking to waste time though, she might do okay. Gets beaten hard mobility wise, but has a huge advantage in range.

Aposl

Smash Ace
when I said Ivy was viable against Wario, I did not mean squirtle isnt better, in this match up charizard is the most useless in my opinion.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
At least Charizard doesn't get easily gimped.

If Wario's not running from PT, he's not playing the MU right.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Ivysaur is worthless against Wario. No offensive game whatsoever (since Wario will be too aerial to grab and too fast to hit). Outside of pivot grabs, she has no good way to stop him from coming in, and grabs destroy her, because she can't protect herself from juggles and B-Air can be shield-grabbed by Wario.

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Charizard vs. Wario is such a nightmare too just at least Zard can take the *** whooping and dish it back. Obviously Wario has a good matchup on us just to me I always find Ivy just struggling to gtfo and switch....

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
does that mean at 0 wario gets a gatling combo on squirtle from a grab

because ive always wanted to gatling someone as wario
I think so, but Squirtle would have to be at a low percent, and you'd need to hit him with your fingertips, basically.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Are you sure? I thought the only guaranteed follow-up Wario got from a grab-release is dash attack.
GR>runoff fart is true, but only if Squirtle's feet start onstage and end offstage upon release.

PX discovered it on a whim and did it to me in our MM on YouTube. I don't remember which match number it was, but it's the one on SV.

T-block

B2B TST
Yeah, dash attack is the only follow-up on stage. If Squirtle goes off-stage though, he doesn't hit the ground so he doesn't recover fast enough to escape the down-b.

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Do we have an force air releases on wario?

I know our followups to GR->air release on wario but I wanna know if we can force them on wario....

Aposl

Smash Ace
if squirtle grabs wario off an edge or ledge, where warios hanging off, squirtle can grab release to.... wait for it... re grab XD

this is forced air release, unless you are pummeling.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
ivy can force air releases to nairs and uairs

squirtle and zard can only do it off a ledge

too bad we don't get a free rock smash
bair/fair is good tho

didn't know about release into grab? woulda thought wario would be too high for it

Geenareeno

Smash Lord
YEAH MAN, thanks you too. Here's what went down at the tournament. This is all melee until I say; Mike and I played melee for a bit and he was beating me since I'm not very good right now. Then we had to play in pools and he beat me first match then I took him to Kongo Jungle. I play Ganon and he plays Jigglypuff and he ****ING CAMPED ME! Lol jk that was funny. Eric's commentary really got me hyped, I was so nervous. Then we played one PT ditto in brawl before he had a match and I got 2 stocked. It really opened my eyes to what competitive Brawl was. I'm not sure if I like it or not but it doesn't matter because no one is good at it.

P.S I'M SO SORRY FOR UNPLUGGING THE TV I WAS TRYING TO GET MY **** OUT AND THEN IT WIGGLED THE TV I FELT ****ING GUILTY

T-block

B2B TST
Hahahaha that was the best match. Actually, as soon as you said Kongo Jungle, I was only going to camp you for the first minute or so to get you flustered so that you would rush into my attacks and stuff for the rest of the game, and I think it worked out pretty well. Crowd hype helped that out a bit. In case you didn't notice, I always talk **** on the boards about how I'm going to time everyone out with Puff in Melee lol.

PT ditto was fun, even if we only did get to play one =(

No worries about the TV. We reflexively paused, so we still played out the match. If you unplugged the Wii we would have been pissed though >=(

Aposl

Smash Ace
I played pretty horrid at COT5 so sorry guys... I did take a game of T. O. Joe wish I couldve made it out of pools, need to desperately learn Pikachu and Luigi...

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Word aposl I got a crazy line up of tournys coming up and hopefully the LI regional.

I top 10'd at uprise #5 so Im going in when it comes to these next couple few like Mass madness this weekend and Pray n Trade later this month

Aposl I already said it on aim you got this and you have way more notice with PT than me (lol bastad)
but keep your cool and your gonna have some nice wins under your belt!!

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Sorry Aposl, it's in just a week. But it was legit meeting you, even if we never got that PT ditto in, didn't much feel like playing Sunday night (well technically monday morning).

Aposl

Smash Ace
Sorry Aposl, it's in just a week. But it was legit meeting you, even if we never got that PT ditto in, didn't much feel like playing Sunday night (well technically monday morning).
if you cant go thats cool, but its in 2 months not a week... And it was cool meeting you as well!

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Hey guys on the topic of tourny's......please make sure you post your placings in the Hall of fame thread. Even if they sucked because flayl is keeping track of tournament placings with lower tier characters to create player rankings and this can help sort out a lot of issues. SO pleaseee guys report all tournament placings or Ill start hunting you down and putting them up whether you like it or not.

Top Bottom