• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

X or Y? - PT Social

CoonTail

Smash Lord
LOL well T-Block I was working in Gamestop when the guide came out and I'm almost 100% that marth was listed as the best due to his range and tippers, along with what they stated as a very "safe" recovery

:phone:

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Lol the strategy guide as a whole was a pile of ****.....I dont even get why people still bring it up. It might as well have been the scrubs guide to brawl

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I hope bomberman is in smash 4. If he turns out to be a botton tier character, I will make him God tier.

CoonTail

Smash Lord
How about the trix rabbit....too bad he always end up losing just like in the commercials........my real hopes are for knuckles tho he will always be my number 1 favorite character

Aposl

Smash Ace
knuckles is the best of the sonic series, bomberman would be hot, alot of people want geno as well, I personally would main kid koopa if they put him in and he was like squirtle with flame thrower XD

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Aposl I totally agree I think the most interesting character they could possibly put it would be baby bowser from mario sunshine so he could have his down B be the ability to switch to shadow mario......NOW THAT ID BE HYPED FOR!

Also knuckles would beyond hype lol when I heard that they instituted gliding and wall clinging in brawl I was waiting to hear his name cause cmon you hear gliding and wall clinging you think knuckles

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Lol **** punctation I gave up on that when toby left cause he always hated that LOL, but ok T-block as I finish writing this post I'll go back and punctuate it for you <3!

Rizen

Smash Legend
Knuckles would be awesome.

Here's the launch guide's (overall) character ratings for a laugh:
Bowser 7 (speed is 1 wtf?)
CF 8
Diddy 8
DK 6
Falco 7
Fox 6
Ganon 6
ICs 6
Ike 6
Jigglypuff 7
DDD 7
Kirby 5
Link 7
Lucario 7
Lucas 7
Luigi 6
Mario 7
Marth 9
MK 6
G&W 6
Ness 7
Olimar 5
Peach 8
Pikachu 5
Pit 7
PT 7
ROB 6
Samus 6
ZSS 7
Snake 8
Sonic 7
TL 8
Wario 5
Wolf 8
Yoshi 5
Zelda 6
Sheik 7

It says about Lucario's upB:
"Its primary downfall is that it has no horizontal recovery range."

CoonTail

Smash Lord
I responded in the Ivy thread, but on a side note I got a tourny on sat let's hope this time I take down the big names. Instead of being 5% away from 2-0ing them then losing and dropping the set.

Geenareeno

Smash Lord

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
pretty sure oak found the weakest pikachu possible

i just finished a pokemon white nuzlocke, got swept by a swoobat in the cemetery tower with attract/air slash flinchax ._.

Geenareeno

Smash Lord
Haha I get that a lot. I was trolling in the Keitaro thread. I can't find it unfortunately but Atomsk and Ally and Vinnie took his sig and I was browing the thread late at night so I thought it would be funny. It makes me look like a tard on the melee boards though lol.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
WTF do I do against Sonic, guys? It definitely feels like if he gets a stock lead, it's game, because you're basically guaranteed to be at 70% power by the time you can land a kill move. Just can't freaking kill him.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Ok, so I had a dream last night I was playing Brawl and I was really kicking *** with Squirtle, Ivy and Charz against some really strong guys. Don't ask me who they were, all I know is, I was playing good people. I must be really anxioius for the tournament in July.

To Supreme Dirt: Imo, you need to go fishing. Bait him and let him get hooked, then reel him in. Chasing him will only waste your time and stamina.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
WTF do I do against Sonic, guys? It definitely feels like if he gets a stock lead, it's game, because you're basically guaranteed to be at 70% power by the time you can land a kill move. Just can't freaking kill him.
F-Tilt with Squirtle and generally be safe. He'll camp, but he can't approach you if you keep doing things like short-hop U-Air -> either airdodge or F-Air, F-Tilt, and Water Gun. He shouldn't be able to get that stock lead if you play it right.

Top Bottom