• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

X or Y? - PT Social

Rizen

Smash Legend
My PT is sub-average :( . How should I take him to the next level?

@ Project M demo: Good thing Bowser got the counseling he needed before SDing.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
My PT is sub-average :( . How should I take him to the next level?

@ Project M demo: Good thing Bowser got the counseling he needed before SDing.
I'm starting to find out that using the right moves at the right time and range help me out a lot. Also keep mobility at max as much as possible.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Sup PT fellas.

So if MK becomes banned, how much does PT become viable? Always wanted to know what you guys thought of that.

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Whattup rapture!! I have thought about this quite a bit and I am excited because if it does happen it give PT a big chance to really show how viable the character is especially since we will get a chance to see more matchups with Diddy/Falco/Snake all of which I wanna see more of.

So I like the idea of MK being banned not because he crushes my character but because it will really bring light to the eyes of a lot of people who undercut PT without knowing much at all about him.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
I figured you'd reply, in fact I was prepared for it. xD

To be honest, I don't know if I'd pick PT back up (I'm feeling some sort of combo of Snake/Ice Climbers), but without MK something does show promise, especially since, as you said, we'll see more of the match-ups with other top tiers, which is certainly interesting.

EDIT: The ****, it censored C o o n lmao

Rizen

Smash Legend
Every character has a better chance without MK around:glare:.

I won my first PT ditto:bee:, thanks to people's advice about using grabs more and other things. That is a fun ditto and I usually hate dittos.

Thanks everyone.

T-block

B2B TST
PT dittos are the besttttt

Yes, I will say that every time someone mentions the matchup.

It's tough to say how PT will be affected by a MK ban. If you take the line of thinking that MK is not our hardest MU (something of which I am no longer convinced...), then it's not obvious. I think we would see more Marth and Dedede, and less Snake. I still think PT would do better in that metagame than if he had to deal with MK.

T-block

B2B TST
Sounds like fun ^^

Man, Corneria came up in the stage discussion threads, and it made me think about how that was one of our best stages. I used to CP Corneria all the time in early '09 =(

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Traveling isn't a perk I have yet D:

PS- retirement isn't an option. I'm forcing you our of retirement.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Dude, I took a whole year from playing the game. I got bored and I'm back in it for kicks.

DON'T MAKE ME THE ONLY PT MAIN ON SMASHBOARDS! I CAN'T HOLD A MU DISCUSSION TO SAVE MY LIFE!

Bomber7

Smash Hero
you should still play because everyone here I'm pretty sure uses PT as a secondary. Except me, I suck so bad, I can't afford to split my skill between multiple characters. Or at least to do it competitively. >_>

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I'm disappointed that I haven't gotten to meet you all yet. I've only gotten to meet Reflex and Zigsta, which I have no problem with, but it would still be nice to shake the hand of a fellow PT main (or ex).

CoonTail

Smash Lord
We need to start calling him IC lol
Lol call me my real tag CoonTail like I've said a million times, also it would be great if I could FINALLY GET A PREMIUM MEMBERSHIP AND CHANGE MY NAME!!!

God dammit I've been waiting forever to change my name, its so aggrivating because this name is the whackest name ever. It's all because I made my 1st account CoonTail but then could never get back in ugh :(.

Just call me CT or CoonTail from now on please guys.

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Sorry for the double post also but I got the first Long Island regional EVER this weekend and its so hype since Vinnie and I started the uprise series that went 1-5 now were actually have an LI regional. Rich brown my make it out, but I'm going in guys expect some solid results and mainly an upset!!!

T-block

B2B TST
Im kinda sad we didnt play at Genesis T-block and Zigsta...
Man I know =( I think you should come to Canada.

I'm disappointed that I haven't gotten to meet you all yet. I've only gotten to meet Reflex and Zigsta, which I have no problem with, but it would still be nice to shake the hand of a fellow PT main (or ex).
I've only met three PTs I guess. One was zeta, who used to post here aaaages ago xP

Lol call me my real tag CoonTail like I've said a million times, also it would be great if I could FINALLY GET A PREMIUM MEMBERSHIP AND CHANGE MY NAME!!!

God dammit I've been waiting forever to change my name, its so aggrivating because this name is the whackest name ever. It's all because I made my 1st account CoonTail but then could never get back in ugh :(.

Just call me CT or CoonTail from now on please guys.
CT it is

Sorry for the double post also but I got the first Long Island regional EVER this weekend and its so hype since Vinnie and I started the uprise series that went 1-5 now were actually have an LI regional. Rich brown my make it out, but I'm going in guys expect some solid results and mainly an upset!!!
Haha...looking forward to it.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Congrats and good luck Coontail:bee:.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Ok, so out of the 40+ people that we expected, only 28 came. We still had pools only because for a $20 tournament, the TO wanted us to play our money's worth. I didn't make it out of pools because I only got 2 wins, but the majority of my losses were really close. I definitely made some progress during the tournament and felt I had played smarter and my mistakes were minimal. I also found out, I need to seriously step up my Squirtle game or else I might as well just throw the match. Other than that, Ivysaur was doing good for me and Charizard was just kicking *** all over the place (mainly because I played a few metaknights). I beat one of our PR players once in pools, I could have beaten him a second time and I landed a triple Fair on his MK to win the first of our three games we had to play. It was probably the most pro thing I've done with Charizard in a tournament. Other than that, it was fun. I'll try and keep on improving.

That's my story. The End.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Came in second at a small tournament in Georgia. Used mostly PT. I beat most people with PT; switched to Wario on a couple counterpick stages, and used Fox in Grand Finals to combat Meta Knight.

Also, dominated Doubles.

Regardless, PT is pretty cool.

Top Bottom